Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Another Shooting In America?

1767778798082»

Comments

• Chizz said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Trump's message is 'making America safe again'. A country so awash with guns is never going to be safe and Trump doesn't want to get rid of them. Of course nobody deserves to be shot at, but a shooting in America doesn't come as a surprise any more.
    Mmm. It's a very difficult one.
     I wouldn't want to bring an extremely tragic recent event into this conversation. However being allowed to keep a gun in the house, for ones personal protection, and that of ones family in a dire emergency against an intruder with malicious intent, doesn't seem like a bad idea.
    I’d always rather keep the UK gun laws thanks very much. 
    The gun kept at home for self sentence is so easily used for something else when tempers are raised or mental health issues arise. Fewer guns, fewer gun related deaths. It ain’t rocket science. Remember Dunblane? Well I’m quite proud of the way we learned from it, and took action. 
    Dunblane precipitated the ban on hand guns in the UK. Obviously, the only reason to own a hand gun - as opposed to a rifle or shotgun - is that it can be concealed. 

I'd be interested to know whether the UK would be a better place were we to overturn the handgun ban. I imagine very few sensible people would argue for that. 
    Actually a hand gun is far superior if you are defending yourself within your own home.
  • edited July 14
    MrWalker said:
    Chizz said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Trump's message is 'making America safe again'. A country so awash with guns is never going to be safe and Trump doesn't want to get rid of them. Of course nobody deserves to be shot at, but a shooting in America doesn't come as a surprise any more.
    Mmm. It's a very difficult one.
     I wouldn't want to bring an extremely tragic recent event into this conversation. However being allowed to keep a gun in the house, for ones personal protection, and that of ones family in a dire emergency against an intruder with malicious intent, doesn't seem like a bad idea.
    I’d always rather keep the UK gun laws thanks very much. 
    The gun kept at home for self sentence is so easily used for something else when tempers are raised or mental health issues arise. Fewer guns, fewer gun related deaths. It ain’t rocket science. Remember Dunblane? Well I’m quite proud of the way we learned from it, and took action. 
    Dunblane precipitated the ban on hand guns in the UK. Obviously, the only reason to own a hand gun - as opposed to a rifle or shotgun - is that it can be concealed. 

I'd be interested to know whether the UK would be a better place were we to overturn the handgun ban. I imagine very few sensible people would argue for that. 
    Actually a hand gun is far superior if you are defending yourself within your own home.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!