Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karel Fraeye - 1/2 on SkyBet. Betting now suspended

Comments

• Options

Lambert would be a fucking incredible appointment

If you like dour Scots
  • Options

Lambert would be a fucking incredible appointment

Does he come with subtitles?
  • Options
    An appointment of this nature would be the last straw for many fans, I'm sure. It's actually quite easy to gauge the feelings of fans this time even though I'm a long way from The Valley. Normally I would have been very p!ssed off with yesterday's result but I seem to have developed a sense of apathy to the whole situation. It's difficult to believe that the team I watched at the beginning of the season has degenerated so badly.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    I went to Belgium when i was 10 so that must count for something and surely i can at least make it to the judges houses.

We all know that if Fergie would offer to come out of retirement to give us a try, that an alternative manager with a Coke problem and iffy probation issues involving children, would have more chance if as a supply teacher he'd managed a school under 9's team in Liege.

Sad days, months and probably years ahead. But while there is a Charlton, i'll follow them and every defeat will always ruin my evening.

We are RD's puppet, so lets just smile the next time he sticks his hand up our arse and claps our hands for us.
  • Options
    My first love was a Belgium girl. Her family moved back there though when I was ten. My sister went to visit them out there. Does this qualify me or her?
  • Options
    I took Charlton into the Prem in two seasons on football manager. Maybe I should throw my name in. Although to be fair I didn't have the "no British players allowed unless through youth" embargo placed on me which made it 1,000 times easier.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Whoever takes charge, they will inherit a criminally light squad - admittedly with some decent players in it, but unable to cope with any significant levels of injuries. So maybe best to get a lucky manager than a good one! What does worry me, is that this current crisis started for this reason, not Luzon's ineptitude. I can't see how a new manager will be a solution unless it is somebody who has the position to negotiate improvements in certain things that are currently outside the control of the manager at the club. I think I have seen enough to regard this as virtually impossible, so an established English manager will end in tears! A yes man from the continent would be most likely, but this is why I am feeling giving a young british management team who know the club and would work withing certain constraints might be the way to go. When the club last made such a decision, it was the starting point of great success. And if it doesn't work they can go back to their currrent roles without being sacked!
  • Options
    Surely no-one worth their salt who wasn't already on RD's payroll would take this job ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'd much rather this bloke then a racist

Why wait, appoint the racist now.
  • Options
    We are a joke at the moment ,
    Who would work for RD , knowing you are gonna be here probably short term ,Wots happened to our club.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Surely no-one worth their salt who wasn't already on RD's payroll would take this job ?

You could say the same about taking the Leeds job though (although admittedly they're a much bigger club), managers will always be interested. Sign a 2-3 year contract, likely be gone within 6-8 months, take the rest as a nice pay off and it won't reflect too badly on you as everyone knows the owner is a nutjob.
    I probably would say the same thing about the Leeds job to be honest !
  • Options
    Paul Lambert please Katrien if you are reading this.
  • Options
    I think we'd be surprised at who would like to manage CAFC, even in the current climate.

Managers recently sacked/quit need to get back in the game quickly before they're out of fashion. Just ask Curbs.
  • Options
    Very true
  • Options
    Eden Hazard as player manager
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2015
    In a parallel universe, Lambert or Pearson would be ideal. But we know the drill. Tipping point being reached. It's utterly sad and depressing.
  • Options
    I got the chance to observe Fraeye when he assisted Riga from my West Lower position, and he wrote notes throughout the 90 mins. If Riga missed anything due to being caught up in the moment, Fraeye would be able to tell him exactly what happened. He is meticulous if nothing else. I would be happy to give him a chance. Riga proved us wrong by not being a "yes" man, so may he.
  • Options
    Doesn't matter who gets appointed as the squad we have is poor.
  • Options
    Perhaps Malky's assistant then.
  • Options
    cafc1263 said:

We have to appoint someone though.
  • Options

cafc1263 said:

We have to appoint someone though.
    Do we? RD can just go through the CL performance stats and pick the first 11 fit players. Simples
  • Options
    cafc1263 said:

If the squad is poor then who we appoint is probably more important than ever