Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• I’d rather Lando won
  • Think Max is going to win this!!... He's on a charge
  • Yeah I think Max is going to get this with the Deg on the soft 
  • Few laps short of doing Hamilton 
  • Its gonna be a last lap pass if he does it
  • Come on Lewis 
  • He's surely got this in the bag!!
  • He's surely got this in the bag!!
    Shhh
  • GET INNNNNNNNNNN
  • Who are these awful commentators on Sky?
  • Sponsored links:

• At last!!!!!!
  • edited July 7
    What a week... Cavendish gets Stage.35... and now this with Lewis!!
  • Total balls up by Lando, must have been his call surely.
  • Just the 9 British GP wins. Wow.
  • After the football yesterday a great weekend 
  • Couldn’t hear it properly but sounded like Lewis was asking Lando why he didn’t go on the mediums
  • Well that was brilliant!
  • Couldn’t hear it properly but sounded like Lewis was asking Lando why he didn’t go on the mediums
    Yeah he did, as Norris replied saying: I know
  • Sponsored links:

He was and Lando will be asking himself the same. I would blame the team. It sounded, at the time, like they gave him the choice of following Lewis on the softs or Max on the hards.
    He was and Lando will be asking himself the same. I would blame the team. It sounded, at the time, like they gave him the choice of following Lewis on the softs or Max on the hards.
    I do question McLaren on strategy quite a lot. This isn't the first win they've thrown away on strategy calls. I think if they play it better they could have had a 1-2 with Oscars pace at the end. 
  • Hope it's an omen for Wednesday!
  • Couple of really bad calls from Maclaren. Has Mattia Binotto been hired as a consultant?
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Couldn’t hear it properly but sounded like Lewis was asking Lando why he didn’t go on the mediums
    I do question McLaren on strategy quite a lot. This isn't the first win they've thrown away on strategy calls. I think if they play it better they could have had a 1-2 with Oscars pace at the end. 
    I doubt it could have been a 1-2 based just on the final decision but it certainly could have been a win for Lando. Their decision not to double-stack definitely cost Oscar massively and took him out of the equation.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Couldn’t hear it properly but sounded like Lewis was asking Lando why he didn’t go on the mediums
    I doubt it could have been a 1-2 based just on the final decision but it certainly could have been a win for Lando. Their decision not to double-stack definitely cost Oscar massively and took him out of the equation.

Yeah 2 botched calls ultimately cost them with both drivers. I think they need to take strategic calls out of the driver's hands and just trust the engineers a bit more. 

I have no doubt they'll win potentially multiple times this season but this feels like one that's got away. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Yeah 2 botched calls ultimately cost them with both drivers. I think they need to take strategic calls out of the driver's hands and just trust the engineers a bit more. 

I have no doubt they'll win potentially multiple times this season but this feels like one that's got away. 
    As a big Lewis fan I'm really glad they did. McLaren have got a very positive future and a great driver pairing, although still relatively inexperienced.
  • Superb. England win on pens and Lewis British GP win since Friday. 

Always said i loved life under a Labour government ;)
  • MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

As a big Lewis fan I'm really glad they did. McLaren have got a very positive future and a great driver pairing, although still relatively inexperienced.

I'm a McLaren fan but there's just something special about a Lewis Silverstone win , especially with it being his last race with Mercedes at Silverstone. 

The season is truly set up for a thriller. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

I'm a McLaren fan but there's just something special about a Lewis Silverstone win , especially with it being his last race with Mercedes at Silverstone. 

The season is truly set up for a thriller. 
    It's so good after the last couple of borefest seasons.