Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton target Hasselbaink swoop

Comments

• Options

Cant really knock what he's done as a manager. I cant see him wanting to come here though.

Believe me, you would be surprised.
  • Options

Lol, yep totally a legit rumour that has big legs..........

• Options
    At least KM would be able to carry on speaking to the manager in Dutch...

I got very excited when he joined as a player, only to end up bitterly disappointed, so not going to get my hopes up at this suggestion!!
  • Options
    If this is a smokescreen I would like to know who and how the fire was lit.
    Where does this story originate, I mean this is the first time ever I have heard of HITC Sport. If the regime wanted to plant a story as a diversion is this the best place to do it?
    I admit my eagerness in all this is because I want it to be true, and then I want it to work.
  • Options
    He'd be mad to take our job. He's built up a good reputation and he won't need to bide his time for too long before an opportunity comes at a properly run club with promotion aspirations.

No hint it that article that it comes from a remotely credible source. Unless Cawley starts tweeting about it, it's not even worth discussing.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I'm waiting to see it on the OS Prague Addick rubbish it before I believe it ; - )
  • Options

At least KM would be able to carry on speaking to the manager in Dutch...

I got very excited when he joined as a player, only to end up bitterly disappointed, so not going to get my hopes up at this suggestion!!

Let's hope it wouldn't be the same as a manager.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Where does this story originate, I mean this is the first time ever I have heard of HITC Sport. If the regime wanted to plant a story as a diversion is this the best place to do it?
    I admit my eagerness in all this is because I want it to be true, and then I want it to work.

Relatively well-known site. More of a portal like Yahoo Sports or MSN really.
  • Options
    would have him here in a heartbeat, has done wonders at Burton
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Likes to play a fast pressing game, now that would be something to see!

We saw it at the start of the season
  • Options
    I've literally never heard of HITC sport.
  • Options
    In October 2009, Hasselbaink trained with Conference South side Woking to help keep himself fit and do some coaching.[87] He then worked with Chelsea's under-16 squad and coached at the Nike Academy while taking his UEFA 'B' and 'A' licences.[88] From July 2011 to January 2013 he was a member of the coaching staff at Nottingham Forest, leaving the club when manager Sean O'Driscoll was sacked.[89]
    Royal Antwerp

In May 2013, Hasselbaink was announced as the new manager of newly relegated Belgian Second Division club Royal Antwerp.[90] He stated that the club was "a two or three year project" and he aimed to win promotion by playing attacking football with younger players on a reduced budget.[91][92] He made a number of signings for the club, including former England under-19 international John Bostock.[93] He led the club to a seventh-place finish in the 2013–14 season, before turning down a new deal at the club in May 2014.[94]
    Burton Albion

On 13 November 2014, Hasselbaink was appointed manager at League Two side Burton Albion.[95] He signed a two-and-half-year contract, and stated that he was attracted to Burton by the club's stability.[96] Four days after his appointment he took charge of his first game at Burton, a 3–1 win at Wycombe Wanderers which moved the club into fourth in the table.[97] He was nominated for the League Two Manager of the Month award in January for going unbeaten in the month and leading the club to victories over promotion rivals Shrewsbury Town and Bury;[98] however Chris Wilder of Northampton Town won the award.[99] On 18 April, Burton won 2–1 away at Morecambe to earn promotion to League One for the first time in their history.[100] Two weeks later, Burton came from 2–1 down, with ten men following the dismissal of goalkeeper Jon McLaughlin, to defeat Cambridge United 3–2 at the Abbey Stadium and win the League Two title
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I've not heard of them before either. After a bit of digging it appears they are essentially a finance website that have branched out into other areas. Can't find any other news site reporting it either.
  • Options
    Unlike those in charge of us he probably keeps a good eye on the English leagues and as such I doubt if he'd want to come here knowing what a mess we're in.

Also this is likely information being leaked by the club so they can say they've looked at other managers when they give our 3rd tier Belgian mastermind the job full time.

If we do bring in another manager with experience of the English game I would strongly suspect he wont be in a job at the time, particularly not one he's having great success with. It would be expensive and more importantly they'd have to be mental.
  • Options
    Is it a Belgian finance website?
  • Options
    No way this will happen, he got so much stick from Charlton fans when he was here, why would he want to come back ( apart from the obvious).
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

Is it a Belgian finance website?

No, they are London based
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LouisMend said:

I've literally never heard of HITC sport.

Not sure how. They're pretty heavily endorsed by sky sports journos
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    If it is driven by JFH's agent all the better.
  • Options
    Seems to have adapted to a managerial role very well ... if this is true, he would certainly be a better proposition than Carol.
  • Options

I'm waiting to see it on the OS Prague Addick rubbish it before I believe it ; - )

What a load of rubbish. Never heard of HITC sport. Where's the source? Cawley not convinced.

Go on, lump on, before he becomes bookie favourite.
  • Options
    I'm totally bamboozled at the JFH love-in on here.
    There are far better choices currently unemployed (as managers)
  • Options
    Would not be surprised if the rumour has been put out there to please us. They could easily turn round and say the approach was rejected (or JFH rejected it himself) given how he also turned down Rotherham.