Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton target Hasselbaink swoop

Comments

• Options
    Daggs said:

I'm totally bamboozled at the JFH love-in on here.
    There are far better choices currently unemployed (as managers)

Who did you have in mind who would be mad enough to come to us?
  • Options
    If Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink Gets the Job;
    Will he celebrate when we knock Chelsea out of the cup in the 3rd round ?
  • Options
    tricky said:

"Quick, start spreading an almost believable story to make it look like we're considering other options"

I think this is probably what is going on.
  • Options
    what's John Barnes doing with his time now?
  • Options

Did his rap career ever take off?
  • Options

tricky said:

"Quick, start spreading an almost believable story to make it look like we're considering other options"

I think this is probably what is going on.</blockquote

Muzza has probably told Pinocchio what a great player he was for us.
  • Options
    He is the sort of up and coming manager we have wanted to appoint in the past and probably should be looking at especially with the effort he seems to have taken in improving his coaching career (like Rowett, Poyet etc in the past) but because I remember that Dowie season I don't want him.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

Did his rap career ever take off?
    I think he had a cult following in Brazil. That goal put him on the map :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Daggs said:

That's what the current regime has done to us.
  • Options
    Yeah, in all seriousness, I'd be very happy with this appointment. Less than convinced there's a realistic chance though...
  • Options

On a serious note, I'd love him to come in. Suspect it's all a smokescreen though. Fraeye is a permanent appointment.

I agree. We need a dislike button
  • Options
    Something in the back of my mind tells me JFH applied to be our Manager before?
  • Options
    He could also be the next Paul Ince...

Someone who did well at League One / League Two level but put him any higher and I wouldnt want him anywhere near my club
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice bit media handling this, see unrest, put out story, create calm for a bit, appoint patsy full time
  • Options
    Daggs said:

Are you completely oblivious to the situation we're in with Duchalet?
  • Options
    There will be a lot of hyperbole and rumours about the next permanent manager, and after 5 defeats and many 100s of interviews, RD and KM will announce KF is a young coach they believe has the tools to take us forward. I will not buy into the hope again
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    tricky said:

Someone who did well at League One / League Two level but put him any higher and I wouldnt want him anywhere near my club

Good point. Better go with the untested Belgian Third Division (A) "Head Trainer" instead.

My point is, it doesnt matter whether you go for someone who has managed in the Belgian Third Division / English Championship hell even some one from the Premier League, whoever you bring it its going to be a risk
  • Options
    Considering he has brought in dutch players at Burton I assume he has actual control over transfers, I can't see him giving that up to come here.
  • Options

Considering he has brought in dutch players at Burton I assume he has actual control over transfers, I can't see him giving that up to come here.

Depends how cheap they are. That's all RD cares about.
  • Options

tricky said:

Good point. Better go with the untested Belgian Third Division (A) "Head Trainer" instead.

My point is, it doesnt matter whether you go for someone who has managed in the Belgian Third Division / English Championship hell even some one from the Premier League, whoever you bring it its going to be a risk
    But clearly there are ways to reduce that risk. Why back the donkey when there are horses in the race?
  • Options

tricky said:

It doesn't follow from that though that anyone you bring in is an equal risk. Someone doing well in the league below us in England is obviously a better bet than someone doing poorly in whatever lower league in Belgium...
  • Options
    And it's pretty unlikely we'll get anyone proven at Championship level or above...