Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton target Hasselbaink swoop

Comments

• Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Mj5fkEPxUA

Interesting watch this, no chance he would want to come and work in our Belgium circus.

Why not ? He did manage Royal Antwerp for (part of) a season. Wasn't a succes ...
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Chizz said:

In May 2013, Hasselbaink was announced as the new manager of Royal Antwerp.

He stated that the club was "a two or three year project".

In November 2014, Hasselbaink was appointed manager at League Two side Burton Albion.

Enough said.

But as @skywalker was telling us few days ago, Antwerp was a basket case then too, and had been for 20 years. On the up now, though with a new owner, so looks like JFH was unlucky with his timing.

Is that correct, skywalker?
    Royal Antwerp wasn't run in a professional way .... something JFH pointed out. But ... tactics, don't know anybody who was impressed. Mind you: R. Antwerp was his first job as a manager, so maybe he picked up some things ...
  • Options

Lol, yep totally a legit rumour that has big legs..........

Amazed you managed to find a picture of him running
    He wasn't, he got his studs stuck on the pitch and is about to fall over.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Would he celebrate if we score?

He'd apologise to the other set of fans.
  • Options
    Can see why Jimmy Floyd for the owner/fans would be a option.

Attacking pressing football
    Has his UEFA A License
    Develops and plays young players
    Works on a budget
    Not too expensive

But the main reason he joined Burton was to join a club with a plan and stability and be allowed just to get on with job, will he get that here or the time if things go wrong NO.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Why do we have money to pay out his contract a Burton Albion, when there are a lot of good managers with Champ experience on the dole? I don't even believe this, but if it turns out to be true, it seems like holding a UK passport guarantees you won't even get an interview at the Valley.
  • Options

Malky Mackay could do a job, he worked with a shit regime at Cardiff. he had a bad time at Wigan but then again who hasn't recently? Established manager and not working, apparantly seen at the Valley on Saturday.

Apparently? There's a bleedin photo of him !
  • Options
    This has been a one day diversion.
    Anyway the local paper there says we want a British person in to assist Fraeye and the other bloke Wim, so that confuses me regarding 'interim' if true.
    Are we to believe they want a person with local knowledge in, and when the interim is over, said person either leaves or they themselves become manager/coach?
    Shame this does not seem to be in any way substantial.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    seth plum said:

Anyway the local paper there says we want a British person in to assist Fraeye and the other bloke Wim, so that confuses me regarding 'interim' if true.
    Are we to believe they want a person with local knowledge in, and when the interim is over, said person either leaves or they themselves become manager/coach?

The article says, "they want that position to be filled by a British coach and the new man, would stay on, whoever the next permanent boss is."
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Malky Mackay could do a job, he worked with a shit regime at Cardiff. he had a bad time at Wigan but then again who hasn't recently? Established manager and not working, apparantly seen at the Valley on Saturday.

Apparently? There's a bleedin photo of him !
    Yeah and Mackay's way of dealing with his 'difficult regime' at Cardiff was to send racist texts to his MD, then he joined forces with another old racist at Wigan and as we generally find out with these kind of knobs they end up falling out with each other too!

No, thanks. Could do without his flatulence, we have enough of that to deal with already!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Load of old tosh. I started that rumour.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Not that, of course, they'd be allowed to recruit, specifically, a British person..!
  • Options
    Maybe he should hold out for the Chelsea job... They're 1 down at Stoke in the League Cup!!
  • Options
    I just noticed that Josr Riga is now 3rd favourite.. I'm sure he wasn't 16-1 either
  • Options
    He described as a "cute" club once on MOTD... after that, its a no... he doesnt get us at all..
  • Options
    All this does is raise my hopes that we could actually get someone in who knows the game and has credibility. But, this isn't the Douche bag way so it's just a let down.

Our club is in a right fucking mess and we have more chance of winning the Champions League within 3 years than this happening.
  • Options
    Please, let it be him.
  • Options
    Just a load of BS. JFH agent trying to get his name out there. Probably suits the club this kind of news, as it keeps the fans thinking that maybe they are looking outside of the network. Blatantly not!!
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:

Just a load of BS. JFH agent trying to get his name out there. Probably suits the club this kind of news, as it keeps the fans thinking that maybe they are looking outside of the network. Blatantly not!!

Bull Shit without doubt but I do think the next permenant fool will be either KF or someone outside the network.

All depends on what KF does but frankly I'm not expecting much. My guess is someone from Belgium ;0)

• Options
    mascot88 said:

He described as a "cute" club once on MOTD... after that, its a no... he doesnt get us at all..

Pretty sure he said "acute".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has JFH stayed anywhere more than 18m to 2 years. Managers in my work stay a similar time and usually because they move in before getting found out, it is a real art form. Get in, ride the wave of the person before, get out before you f it up.
  • Options
    I'd prefer the man he replaced and set burton on the way.Gary Rowett. He proberbly owes us because he never played much for us.
  • Options

I'd prefer the man he replaced and set burton on the way.Gary Rowett. He proberbly owes us because he never played much for us.

Plus Birmingham owe us for pinching Hameur Bouazza halfway through his loan deal with us
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Let's assume for a second there is an atom of truth in it rather than just speculation: JFH has made a decent fist of his management career so far; he has some experience of English football at various levels; these two factors should make him a vastly superior prospect than Fraeye and Wim-thingy; but his attitude while here as a player was so blatantly awful that I can't envisage warming to him any more than the belgian cheapo blokes. JFH and his playing 'performance' were so toxic and inextricably linked to charlton's protracted decline that a cheapo network option has preferable baggage.
    It's a NO from the Upper West stand, just in front of the cabbage patch.
  • Options

tricky said:

He could also be the next Paul Ince...

Someone who did well at League One / League Two level but put him any higher and I wouldnt want him anywhere near my club

Good point. Better go with the untested Belgian Third Division (A) "Head Trainer" instead.

My point is, it doesnt matter whether you go for someone who has managed in the Belgian Third Division / English Championship hell even some one from the Premier League, whoever you bring it its going to be a risk
    But clearly there are ways to reduce that risk. Why back the donkey when there are horses in the race?
    Race?! There is no race! The " interim" manager is the new manager and will get the job permanently if he (by some miracle) wins a couple. If not RD will sack him as " Interim" and bring in some other Belgium related non- entity - I would be amazed if there was any selection process going on at all.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    HITC Sport understands that the highly-rated Brewers boss is happy where he is and would only leave for a club with 'good structure'.

Oh well
  • Options
    I don't blame him
  • Options
    It's bollocks but so is that article. Post holds no appeal to JFH, says 'source'. Stick enough cash in front of him and he'd have some appeal. As I say, all irrelevant with this shower in charge but come on, that's not a direct quote from the fat bottomed one.
  • Options
    He is very inexperienced. Dowie also had a good early record...