Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton target Hasselbaink swoop

Comments

• Options
    I'm just not convinced it would work out for him here. I don't know why
  • Options

I'm just not convinced it would work out for him here. I don't know why

It wouldn't work out, unless his appointment formed part of a complete u-turn in Roland's strategy. JFH, Fraeye, Bill Shankly from beyond the grave - it doesn't matter. There might be a brief new manager bounce, but before too long we'll be back to square one - a demoralised and depleted playing squad that doesn't have the depth or ability to win games.
  • Options

Anyone who thinks he wouldn't leave Burton to come here must be mad. We have the potential to pull in crowds of 20k in the Championship and nearer 30k in The Premiership. We are, compared to Burton and many, many others, a big Club. I have absolutely no doubt that if offered the post he'd take it.

Let's just hope he's given more than 6 months.
  • Options
    Daggs said:

I'm totally bamboozled at the JFH love-in on here.
    There are far better choices currently unemployed (as managers)

I agree, to an extent, but given the choice of Fraeye or another unknown foreigner then it's JFH all the way for me.
  • Options

Daggs said:

I'm totally bamboozled at the JFH love-in on here.
    There are far better choices currently unemployed (as managers)

Are you completely oblivious to the situation we're in with Duchalet?
    Far from it.
    But the suggestion that a man who was a poor and disinterested player when at Charlton could suddenly become our saviour is frankly unlikely.

Bedsaddick predictably asked who i thought 'would be mad enough to come to us'

I don't know. But if i was seeking a manger (British or Britain based/with experience) I think I would overlook JFH and try and tempt someone like Pearson or Lambert our way.
    Would they come along? Who knows? More importantly would RD even consider looking outside his Belgian bubble.?
  • Options

Considering he has brought in dutch players at Burton I assume he has actual control over transfers, I can't see him giving that up to come here.

Exactly! RD will still want to call the shots. JFH has probably got his success by making his own decisions. I don't think he (or anyone else) will be allowed that luxury all the time RD is paying the bills.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko said:

Nice bit media handling this, see unrest, put out story, create calm for a bit, appoint patsy full time

That's exactly how I see it. We've done similar with players names as the end of the transfer window approaches.

Memo to propaganda department: Must do better
  • Options
    Jimmy may well think it is a good idea and a decent step up, but the second he arrives for an interview he'll run a mile.
  • Options

He could also be the next Paul Ince...

Someone who did well at League One / League Two level but put him any higher and I wouldnt want him anywhere near my club

He wasn't given a fair chance at Blackburn, who I think ditched him when big Sam became available and he did well at Blackpool until he started concentrating more on his son's career than the club!
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Nice bit media handling this, see unrest, put out story, create calm for a bit, appoint patsy full time

How cynical of you ? Yet so accurate.

• Options

Rothko said:

That's exactly how I see it. We've done similar with players names as the end of the transfer window approaches.

Yep. Still no sign of Chris O'Grady and Max Gradel, must be stuck in the Blackwall Tunnel.
  • Options

Anyone who thinks he wouldn't leave Burton to come here must be mad. We have the potential to pull in crowds of 20k in the Championship and nearer 30k in The Premiership. We are, compared to Burton and many, many others, a big Club. I have absolutely no doubt that if offered the post he'd take it.

I think the argument is he will leave Burton soon for bigger and better things, why jump the gun and join our circus and miss out on something decent?
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Rothko said:

Yep. Still no sign of Chris O'Grady and Max Gradel, must be stuck in the Blackwall Tunnel.
    James Henry is driving them all, but his satnav is dodgy
  • Options

Someone who did well at League One / League Two level but put him any higher and I wouldnt want him anywhere near my club

Uh-oh. If you go by the Katrien Meire Appointing Equivalisation System (KMAES)(c), then that's not good. If Guy Luzon, sacked after eight months with us in the drop zone, is our Alex Ferguson, then how bloody awful would JFH have to be to be our Paul Ince? I don't think there's room on the scale for that
  • Options
    edited October 2015

I think the argument is he will leave Burton soon for bigger and better things, why jump the gun and join our circus and miss out on something decent?
    Because

if he makes it here
    he can make it anywhere
    noo yawk noo yawk

• Sponsored links:

• Options

He wasn't given a fair chance at Blackburn, who I think ditched him when big Sam became available and he did well at Blackpool until he started concentrating more on his son's career than the club!
    not concentrating on the club is a very major flaw for a manager though!
  • Options
    Does it really make any difference who is manager when the bloke in the hot seat isn't actually in charge?
  • Options
    This is a complete windup, won't happen.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Why are people even falling for this rubbish?

Roland must be loving reading this.
  • Options
    I would be very surprised if this happens.
  • Options

He'd be 'Chaltonised' in 5mins and turn out shit.

Thought he already had been when he played for us!
  • Options
    They always say great great players usually make terrible managers, well JFH was a flipping terrible player for us ;)
  • Options
    IF he came, he want a bigger budget> Would Roland be prepared to increase what he has to work with?
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Yeah I know we are bad but no one would stick with Burton Albion rather than manage players like Johann.