Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans / Club meeting tonight

Comments

• Options
    What was the answer to these much requested questions:

Current process around search for new manager

Club shop v flats

Ticket office opening times
  • Options
    Well done @Curb_it

Sounds like there may have been a bit of gun jumping and over-reaction last night - which I think is understandable to a point - but your notes (and those of the others there) have helped provide a bit of context.

I for one will be watching the video the whole way through.
  • Options
    http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/charlton/katrien_meire_on_unacceptable_protests_english_managers_premier_league_ambition_and_roland_s_empire_1_4306231

She says the protest was "unacceptable".

So when the protest happens again against Ipswich how will they take action to prevent it? Considering it's plain unacceptable? Surely it's that bad and something must be done to stop it...

Any legal action you can take against the fans Katrien? The Lawyer....
  • Options
    Murray seems to completely speak out his ass now, to a slightly lesser degree based on that link.
  • Options
    What constitutes "morning" in Belgium ?
  • Options
    Katrien's just changing the font from Times New Roman to Arial on her cutting edge PowerPoint. You don't go from junior lawyer to CEO for nothing you know.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I do worry about KM, I mean she is coming across as an aggressive fool at the moment. Saying the protest is unacceptable and actually not addressing any points properly, all she is doing is making sure the number of unacceptable people will grow.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info Curb_It
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheers Curb_it
    Much appreciated.
  • Options
    If the abuse was so shocking and insulting to her why did she take a picture? To remind her of a time she felt upset and insulted..?

I will watch the video but I still can't see this whole meeting as anything but a meaningless stunt. I'm afraid I'm very much in the "I will only be happy once they are gone" crowd. The club was and has been a circus for months before last night.
  • Options

Curb_It said:

@Dave21 I don't believe he was plotted there to ask to speak. He seemed pretty angry. All the club staff were there at the back to listen to the future of the club talk. A lady also spoke up as she is involved in working for Target 20K at the club and she is very willing to work on this to get it to happen.

No current club employee should hit out of fans support, whether they are a fan of this club or not. Below the belt IMO. They should not be asking questions or commenting on the matters, this meeting was set up for fans asking KM & RM important matters. Same goes for the JJ question, no time for jokey questions and a waste of time that could have been pressing more serious matters
    It really wasn't an issue in the room.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

I do worry about KM, I mean she is coming across as an aggressive fool at the moment. Saying the protest is unacceptable and actually not addressing any points properly, all she is doing is making sure the number of unacceptable people will grow.

To me she came across as defensive, not aggressive. I think it reflects on an entrenched position somewhat, but the club would benefit from seeking to understand what's driving these protests, and it's more than results. I think the room did a good job in getting that point over, particularly Craig N.
  • Options
    A 9 and a half minute video? Is that it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The woman just comes across as the worst type of politician - has no interest in improving communication or dealing with any of the issues. Arrogant and deluded - seems to have little or no regard for the fans or their opinions.

I get the impression that she would still be trotting out the same garbage even if we'd been relegated down to League 2. She obviously thinks she's doing a fantastic job and there's just a small group of 'negative' fans who are ruining it....
  • Options
    "There it is in black and white"
  • Options
    So where's the rest of it ?