Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans / Club meeting tonight

Comments

• Options

Just reading the comments from @Curb_It (thank you for your posts BTW), it seems the press present tweeted a lot of stuff out of context & failed to expand on what they'd tweeted - very poor on their part & probably caused a lot of the meltdown last night, I await the video with interest

Don't think you can blame the press. They used twitter to report sound bites from the meeting and CL, including myself, collectively forgot the limitations of twitter as a reporting tool and spent several hours over reacting to those tweets
    Thing is the press tweeted about the older fans comment last night & I made a stupid remark about the House DJ in crossbars, but at no point did the NS or anyone else tweet that KM said that she wasn't discriminating against the elderly or the fact that it's bad business if you don't value your customers.

By not tweeting that, it completely changes the tone/context of what was said
    But that is the point. You cannot convey tone/context on twitter. It was a salutary lesson about the limitations of twitter.
    True, but you can send another tweet to follow one up. Seems one of the journos will be doing a follow up piece today to add some context to what was tweeted last night. Twitter is wonderful but dangerous at the same time
  • Options
    CatAddick said:

PL54 said:

PL54 said:

PL54 said:

Interesting to compare the reaction to the tweet about her hatred of older fans versus what was actually said.

KM: Yes I know the interview was translated twice and badly. I was talking about bringing in different things for the younger fans, like family zone etc. Older fans are upset but I wasn't discriminating against the elderly. It is bad business if you don't value your customers, a [%] of our fans are over 50. 

What was 'actually' said according to KM you mean.
    No, according to Curb it
    via KM, yes.
    Both Curb it and the journo heard the same thing but have presented it quite differently
    I meant as opposed to the original interview which KM claims to have been lost in translation.
    Maybe, ...but it's the reporting of the response to the enquiry about the translation that we're talking about. Curb_it says KM said 'didn't mean to offend, most of our fans are over 50' but my (and many others) first impression of the journo's tweet last night was 'we've got too many over 50's'
    Again, I'm not talking about any of the tweets last night, but her original interview earlier this year.
  • Options
    @Curb_It Brilliant job, thank you
  • Options
    Well done @Curb_It

So basically they don't like the make up of the existing fan base and they want to attract different fans. So nice to be appreciated.
  • Options
    Oakster said:

The slideshow at the start reminds me of Father Ted's "Facts About China" presentation....

Is the video up yet ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well I've slept on it but my opinion hasn't changed. KM is not shit at her job because she's a woman, she's just shit at her job. She gets off lightly because of her gender, she knows it and plays on it.

As for the meeting, as I expected, the crowd seems to have been a carefully selected group of nodding Churchill dogs. Waste of time. On with the protest!
  • Options
    Great work Curb It and thanks for doing that.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

right where was i:

Again my writing had started to wane by now.

KM the hand gestures and calling me names. Unnacceptable. I want to hear the positive voice. Charlton fans stand up to the negative voice. The 2% of fans behavior was unacceptable.

Random: You should take responsibility.

K:M I shouldn't be abused.

Seth: I thought this meeting would be about change. But I'm guessing its more of the same. I love this club. I care that we do better.

John C: There was a discussion about people knowing that CADSA existed. He also raised concerns of people in the West Upper and the withdrawal of lift passes.

Mick E explained that the west stand is not a fire lift. He thinks that people have had their seats there for years and now are not able for the stairs etc as the years have gone on so will have to be moved along with all their family/friends. They now have a new disability officer who will be dealing with all the fans on this.

Syd, Travel. Syd held a brief conversation on travel.

KM said that they had discussed this at the Fans Forum and tonight wasn't about train travel and that she will speak to him again re this.

Rich P: We want you to communicate with supporters.

Ian W: The big thing is communication.

KM: We cannot react to every subject matter on Charlton Life. We are caught up in all the social media.

Fan: Then had a bit of a rant about Charlton fans not supporting the team at MK Dons. Was a bit out of the blue and I believe he is a member of staff also.

Then I think I put my pen down.

I hope that my written words don't get completely dissected and that anything that you've read on here you will go and listen to as I may have got a few words wrong.

It's just kind of obvious that it wasn't an actual fan.

Just disgusting and embarrassing they would do that.
  • Options
    Curb It many thanks I hope you had enough time to get home and cook Tavs dinner !
  • Options
    @Curb_It - Thanks for the transcript.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So she also said to break even is possible through tv deal and player sales and that tying players to longer contracts was all about enabling club get higher prices. She thought it good that her sales were above championship average. (From London24.com)
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Sorry I forgot the three points she wants to go forward with and I bloody forgot to write them down...

To continue with the Fans Forum and for it to be videoed for you all to watch.
    To invite fans in for further communications and meetings.

And the third???

Just remembered, think it was Target 20k.

• Options
    @Dave21 I don't believe he was plotted there to ask to speak. He seemed pretty angry. All the club staff were there at the back to listen to the future of the club talk. A lady also spoke up as she is involved in working for Target 20K at the club and she is very willing to work on this to get it to happen.

• Options
    kentred2 said:

So she also said to break even is possible through tv deal and player sales and that tying players to longer contracts was all about enabling club get higher prices. She thought it good that her sales were above championship average. (From London24.com)

In truth, though, take Joe Gomez (our best youth product for well over a decade, and maybe ever) and the player sales have been poor. We can't know how poor as the fees are undisclosed but I doubt we made any profit on Polish Pete, Loic? (the RB). Kermorgant and Stephens were here when they arrived and one is in the Premier League now and the other one is in the top two.
  • Options
    What did the rep from North Stand Placards (was that it) have to say ? Or the coach steward ?