Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans / Club meeting tonight

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:

The big issue for me is that wether the meeting was a success or not doesn't really matter, it's the impression created by the Tweets that the whole thing was a sham that have done the damage. That was certainly my view last night until we heard from the people who were actually there. How many people will actually watch the video ? Not nearly as many as those who have already decided it was nonsense.

If they get the video up in full this morning then I'll try and watch it all and make detailed, objective, notes so that we're better informed. If - as a united supporter base - we're going to base our next course of action on last nights event, let's at least have the full facts first before we do.

Paper wants twitter storm. Paper puts tweets out that will provoke. Paper reports ensuing twitter storm from those relying solely on the tweets. Twitter storm escalates because, well, that's its nature. Job done, angle covered.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

se9addick said:

The big issue for me is that wether the meeting was a success or not doesn't really matter, it's the impression created by the Tweets that the whole thing was a sham that have done the damage. That was certainly my view last night until we heard from the people who were actually there. How many people will actually watch the video ? Not nearly as many as those who have already decided it was nonsense.

If they get the video up in full this morning then I'll try and watch it all and make detailed, objective, notes so that we're better informed. If - as a united supporter base - we're going to base our next course of action on last nights event, let's at least have the full facts first before we do.

Paper wants twitter storm. Paper puts tweets out that will provoke. Paper reports ensuing twitter storm from those relying solely on the tweets. Twitter storm escalates because, well, that's its nature. Job done, angle covered.
    Paper was invited by KM...
  • Options
    Cheers for those who went putting up what you have. Having slept and woken with a clearer head I definitely need to watch the video to get a proper picture and feel for how this went down.

• Options
    se9addick said:

rikofold said:

se9addick said:

Paper was invited by KM...
    Quite.
  • Options
    Having not seen clear photo of the night and may have already been mentioned but was she wearing black and white?
    Think she's trying to take the piss a bit if so.
  • Options

Having not seen clear photo of the night and may have already been mentioned but was she wearing black and white?

Let's not be hysterical
  • Options
    What I still do not understand is the question that should be posed at both Katrien and Karel. What qualifications do you have that make you suitable to run the club / manage the team? Neither have held a post that gives them the experience to be suitable candidates and so of course when problems occur... Of course I know the answer in both cases, they get on well with the owner. That would cause serious resentment in a typical company but in a football club that should listen to its fanbase? Deflect matters all you like Katrien but you do not have the experience to run Charlton. She'll be able to take a lot more photos against Ipswich then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    not read everything etc, but was Jackson really there?
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Waiting for the video I suppose. Mainly because those who were there are offering a different versión from what the updates suggested last night. However, in the cold light of the morning, much of what she said seems like rubbish (the managers are getting better, the wage Budget up 40%, the 'real' fans should not let the minority protest like they did etc etc) and I can't imagine the context that would make them plausible.
    Frankly, the club are running an interference operation to bank down the fires of protest. Three points against the Wendies may well help, but the impression gained is that we are where we were in february, and any changes will be cosmetic. And the interim appointment of Karel, who will recieve all the help the club can manage? Does'nt sound like it was very interim to me. Another lie to keep with the others.
    Being anti-Belgian won't help, and screaming abuse will be turned against us. But their lies and deceit are equally abhorrent. It takes a real (wo)man to admit to a mistake. No sign of that last night.
  • Options

She often wears black and white, so I don't think this has any relevance.
  • Options

PaddyP17 said:

PaddyP17 said:

Why would you apologise Jesus Christ we have some utter stains in our support, between the board they are killing this club and your more worried about saying how sorry you are. Fuck that bollocks why didn't you ask the regime hard questions, why wasn't Roland at this meeting for example ? What are you going to
    Learn from our terrible attendances and non existent feeling around the club ? Instead you bowed down and said your sorry

Im actually embarrassed for you.

No wonder they are taking the piss out of us fans she will be at home now saying don't worry Roland there all apologetic and will tow the line from now on.

I hope a group takes this by the scruff of the neck now and pulls people together for mass protests, mass boycotts of products, causes embbaresment for the board at the live game. Do whatever we can as fans to drive these divs out of our club.

Ah, another prize twat eh.
    Am I a prize twat though? I am thinking the same.

Cringeworthy
    Just to clarify, I am calling you a prize twat. While my dad might be one sometimes, in this instance please rest assured that I am referring solely to you.

- He apologised because she shouldn't have to be personally abused. Yes, fine, ask her what the fuck she's doing, but personal stuff isn't okay (regardless of gender - I'm unhappy she played the gender card btw)

- "Why didn't you ask the regime hard questions?" Er, well, a good few WERE asked, but you'll need to wait for the film to verify. The questions asked were organised by various bodies present at the event. Katrien was surprised at how organised the fans were, and that @rikofold was taking a lead on behalf of many.

- Asking questions like "where's Roland" they would have prepared for. There was a whole series of questions on supporter disconnect.

- She won't be saying that to Roland, especially because of the Twitter shitstorm. And protests will of course continue.

- How about reading Seth's whole post again, and not fixating on the "apology" bit?

To clarify, he wasn't the one who said the fans' behaviour was "disgusting".
    I never said he was the one that called the fans behaviour disgusting, I couldn't care less if they called us what ever they want. What I am saying is it stinks of people rolling over and buying this shite, apologising. I will wait and watch the video in full and see if I'm overreacting, but I just find it embarrassing, if she can't take the flak don't do the job. I don't get someone apoligising to me at work when I get stick for some work. What's different here ?
    That was meant as a clarification, not saying you did say that.

You know Seth, I'm sure. He's hardly the type to roll over. When it comes to being given stick, again - it's the nature of the comments directed at her. I was at the protest but stuff I couldn't stand was calling her a horse-face, the board being told to fuck off back to Belgium, and other more personal stuff.

Fair play as to what you said re you and Seth having different outlooks though, that I can go with.
  • Options

not read everything etc, but was Jackson really there?

Yh, when the youtube video comes out you can hear about his goal.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

Fuck sake. That statement makes me angrier than I've been throughout her entire reign here. What a piece of work she is!
    Wether you like it or not the majority of fans are only angry because of our recent results and the lack of money what they think should be invested in the first team.
    Can i also point out that the majority of our fan base do not even use or read CL or ITTV so that would make us the minority.
    If carol wins the next 6 games on the trot ( doubtful i know ) then that gathering on saturday will then become one man and his dog.
    Lastly what the fuck did you expect her to say? Because whatever she said was always going to be shot down in flames and no i am not defending her or Roly but until someone can find a buyer who is prepared to lose 7 million a year..............
    People are fed up because she keeps telling lies.

Let's be honest, do you not think that Karel is not going to be the next permanent manager..??

Some of the spin on spouted out tonight is embarrassing to say at least
    She just gets told what to do, its not her money. Karel will be manager and i will give him my support until i see otherwise.
    I too support Karel but katrien is not as innocent as she appears.
    None of us are....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

shame the anger wasn't there like this when we dropped from prem to lge1 and good people lost jobs, businesses had to chase money

Funny old game as a great player once said

The Murray effect. How could we complain after all the good he did?
  • Options

She often wears black and white, so I don't think this has any relevance.
    Oh well, she thinks fans wearing it are her supporters then.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

Fuck sake. That statement makes me angrier than I've been throughout her entire reign here. What a piece of work she is!
    Wether you like it or not the majority of fans are only angry because of our recent results and the lack of money what they think should be invested in the first team.
    Can i also point out that the majority of our fan base do not even use or read CL or ITTV so that would make us the minority.
    If carol wins the next 6 games on the trot ( doubtful i know ) then that gathering on saturday will then become one man and his dog.
    Lastly what the fuck did you expect her to say? Because whatever she said was always going to be shot down in flames and no i am not defending her or Roly but until someone can find a buyer who is prepared to lose 7 million a year..............
    People are fed up because she keeps telling lies.

Let's be honest, do you not think that Karel is not going to be the next permanent manager..??

Some of the spin on spouted out tonight is embarrassing to say at least
    She just gets told what to do, its not her money. Karel will be manager and i will give him my support until i see otherwise.
    I too support Karel but katrien is not as innocent as she appears.
    None of us are....
    OK but how many of us are complicit in running the club into the ground? That's the only important thing here. Whether fans have skeletons in their closets about unrelated matters is a complete irrelevance.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

The other comment was re: the finances. In her attempt to defend investment in the team, she was keen to talk about the £9m spent plus 40% increase in player wages. She's shot herself in the foot because if that's the case, why are we in the same position in the League as we were when they took over. If someone gave me a significant investment in say my career, put me on an MBA or something, and two years from now I was still in the same job, then something's gone seriously wrong. Might not be a good comparison, but that's how I see it.

Very good point.