Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans / Club meeting tonight

Comments

• Options

How did Murray perform in your opinion Seth?

Anybody familiar with Richard's style will be able to guess what he was like. A mix of what experiences he has had, comparisons with other clubs, bigging up Saturday as a sea change, bringing Jacko in to reinforce the point of the positive Karel effect and so on. Richard was loyal to the regime, but I feel the later contribution by Craig Norris was telling. Craig was a supporters director before, and reminded Richard of some of the good stuff about fan involvement which I think resonated with Richard, and he was relatively quiet after that,
    The most serious 'whaaaat' moment of all, amongst some other ones, was to suggest that every managerial appointment had been a success.
    I really urge people to watch that bit because however it is spun, it simply isn't true. The notion was that each managerial appointment led to an upsurge in form (the following crap was overlooked) and I believe, as others have said, that they hope Karel will follow that pattern.
  • Options
    Actually I forgot, the reason why a lot of people dont know about the funeral idea is that AFKA wisely lifted it off the public threads, to keep the element of surprise.

Better leave it to Damo to decide which of his ideas he wants to run with, and then there is the problem of making them happen without giving anybody the chance to spike them.

Sleep on it, I think.
  • Options
    The biggest wtf moment should have been at the talk us through the goal Jacko that is totally insane, very funny though that someone was only there to meet and get autographs,
  • Options
    Yeah - think we all need to sleep on it. There have been a few good ideas but like anything - getting it organised and arranged (and having the time to do it) is another matter entirely.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Uboat said:

"the job is the job, but you remain a human being, and deserve respect for that".

I really wish you hadn't said that.

I said it personally one to one after the meeting, and I mean it. Indeed my line was more that what actions you take and such like is one thing, but I am sorry that she has been personally attacked, because actually I am. It wasn't said publically, although earlier I did say publically that any personal abuse was wrong, and that I felt sorry about it, and that 99% of Charlton fans do not want this personal stuff to happen....or words to that effect.
    Now I accept that many will think I shouldn't have said any of that stuff, she ought to be tough enough, heat and kitchens and so on, but I simply wanted to say it and I did.
    I don't think I have been treacherous in saying what I did, but in the moment as it were I said such stuff and I can't change it now.
    For what it's worth I agree with what you said, there should be no room for personal insults. By all means attack someone's comments or opinions but leave off the insults as all they do is lessen the effect.

Thanks for posting your notes, I'm looking forward to watching the meeting tomorrow and drawing my own conclusions.

I totally agree with all those who've said we should continue the actions, let's do our best to ensure the "2% of fans" estimate is shown to be ridiculously low.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Are we really in a tiny, pissed off minority? The only ones who feel the way we do about this dog-shit regime? Are we really outnumbered by more sensible fans who can see the value RD/KM bring and think we're just rabble rousers?

I find that incredibly hard to believe.

But it needs thousands of us, not just a few hundred, to take co-ordinated action to prove that our feelings are widespread.

No, listen to the crowd in general during most matches, look at the falling attendances.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Why would you apologise Jesus Christ we have some utter stains in our support, between the board they are killing this club and your more worried about saying how sorry you are. Fuck that bollocks why didn't you ask the regime hard questions, why wasn't Roland at this meeting for example ? What are you going to
    Learn from our terrible attendances and non existent feeling around the club ? Instead you bowed down and said your sorry

Im actually embarrassed for you.

No wonder they are taking the piss out of us fans she will be at home now saying don't worry Roland there all apologetic and will tow the line from now on.

I hope a group takes this by the scruff of the neck now and pulls people together for mass protests, mass boycotts of products, causes embbaresment for the board at the live game. Do whatever we can as fans to drive these divs out of our club.

Ah, another prize twat eh.
  • Options
    Intrigued to hear some context to the tweet about Katrien mentioning that over 50% of our supporters are over 50. Is she going to oversee a cull of our senior fans?
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Why would you apologise Jesus Christ we have some utter stains in our support, between the board they are killing this club and your more worried about saying how sorry you are. Fuck that bollocks why didn't you ask the regime hard questions, why wasn't Roland at this meeting for example ? What are you going to
    Learn from our terrible attendances and non existent feeling around the club ? Instead you bowed down and said your sorry

No wonder they are taking the piss out of us fans she will be at home now saying don't worry Roland there all apologetic and will tow the line from now on.

I hope a group takes this by the scruff of the neck now and pulls people together for mass protests, mass boycotts of products, causes embbaresment for the board at the live game. Do whatever we can as fans to drive these divs out of our club.

Am I a prize twat though? I am thinking the same.

Cringeworthy
  • Options

Hang on a minute we have club employees slagging off our support? Probably worse than if it was a fan. What right does someone being paid by the club have to slag off fans that pay week in week out to support this circus of a football club?

He is a fan who happens to work for club.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dan nail on head, it's more saddening to me that the unwillingness to harness the emotions and anger into a driven and enthused United fan base is so obvious for all to see, it stinks of peoples egos and a need to show that I am more angry than anyone else by some,

Like it or not to solve this issue you need a structure, a blue print for what you want to achieve and someone leading it

Good luck with that one folks
  • Options
    CAFCdamo said:

Intrigued to hear some context to the tweet about Katrien mentioning that over 50% of our supporters are over 50. Is she going to oversee a cull of our senior fans?

Was in reference to the artic tin the foreign press where it was lost in translation that she didn't care for older fans.

She does...

• Options

PaddyP17 said:

Am I a prize twat though? I am thinking the same.

Cringeworthy
    You have missed the point though toddler or more than likely not read Seth's posts above properly. Let's see the video tomorrow or whatever is put out, and maybe we'll feel a bit more unity again then without the petty squabbles
  • Options

Dan nail on head, it's more saddening to me that the unwillingness to harness the emotions and anger into a driven and enthused United fan base is so obvious for all to see, it stinks of peoples egos and a need to show that I am more angry than anyone else by some,

Like it or not to solve this issue you need a structure, a blue print for what you want to achieve and someone leading it

Good luck with that one folks

It needs to go back to how back to the valley was run there was no slagging each other just a lot of people who have the club running through their veins pulling together for the good of the club and don't forget all before the Internet just imagine how it could be done if it's done right
  • Options
    What happened at MKDons away?