Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans / Club meeting tonight

Comments

• Options
    I'll have a brew and watch the video tomorrow. Maybe it will sound and look different to how it read which is all I had to go on
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

But people back then hadn't spent years calling eachother w**kers from the safety of their living room and acting tough.

There's so much to over come, the threads on here over the whole protest, Murray out, km.,where do we go and this one shows the biggest fight that cafc fans have is amongst themselves and until that's fixed so many brilliant and intelligent ideas will be just wasted and lost

There was hope for that in this exercise. Perhaps the biggest positive was the way the fans worked together. Credit to East Kent and Bromley for their backing, and to the many individual reps and supporters who got right behind the collaborative effort. Hope it was worth it, but we should carry on with the team effort.
  • Options
    Badger said:

Carter said:

You all have an opportunity to express discontent at the Ipswich game. Protest and make yourself heard

Which is fine. But What was the point of this meeting.

She KM says she wants to engage with Fans, well she never replied to any emails i sent her asking if she would be willing to attend an Eltham Addicks meeting.

She would be better suited to looking after Players contracts and any legal issues as a Lawyer rather than being a CEO at our club.

She is unaccountable arrogant out of her depth and should listen to what we have to say.
    If she has not responded to you, then contact the Football League as shown below.

Charlton Athletic Club Charter: As of May 2015

8 Customer service

8.1 Where required, the Club will acknowledge receipt of any contact from a customer within 48 hours and a full written response, if deemed necessary, will be exercised within 14 days. The Club contact is Lewis Uphill (Lewis.Uphill@cafc.co.uk).

8.2 The Club responds by telephone, e-mail, fax or letter. If a customer requests a response in writing they receive such a reply.

8.3 The Club encourages customers to contact the department relevant to their query. If a customer feels that they have not been satisfied by the relevant department, they are encouraged to write directly to the senior manager responsible.

8.4 The Club endeavours to ensure that every telephone call is answered within four rings.

8.5 The Club undertakes that all messages on its automatic telephoning answering service will be as current as possible.

Any expression of dissatisfaction, whether justified or otherwise, will be deemed as a complaint and is therefore subject to the club's complaint handling policy. Receipt of the complaint will be acknowledged, in the first instance, within 48 hours. A response will then be provided within 14 days. If the complaint cannot be satisfactorily resolved within this period, it will be escalated via the office of the Head of Stadium and Training Ground Operations and may ultimately be subject to the Club's league governing body. The Football League’s Customer Service Department may contact details may be found below:

Customer Service Department

The Football League Limited

Edward VII Quay

Navigation Way

Preston PR2 2YF

Signed

Tony Keohane (Head of Stadium and Training Ground Operations)

May 5th, 2015

For and on behalf of Charlton Athletic Football Company Limited

Cheers Rik.

Her statement about the managers is probably the biggest load of bullshit I think I've ever heard!
    If that's her stance, you'll never reason with her.

It was implied that RD makes the managerial appointments - to be fair, although we did follow up, you're not going to get her to say "my boss is a trigger happy idiot" or "my boss couldn't spot a coach at Victoria".
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Hi all,

First thing I will say is that you need to read the local reporters' tweets in the context that they want the angle. The NewsShopper has already shown their hand, but that's their job, no issue from me.

What's been lost is the context and I think Seth and Curb_it have started to restore some of it.

We made the point from the off that we weren't happy with being presented with a panel when we were invited to a meeting with RM/KM, nor that KM indicated she would direct the meeting. I laid out how we wanted the meeting to run and asked them to respect it. We did lose control of the roving mic early doors though so we lost some structure and whilst the floor rather cleverly brought some of that back the flow had gone by then.

The presentation didn't take as much wind from our sails add the club had hoped, but it didn't help because they were able to refer to it as if it was the complete answer.

I felt KM struggled early on but improved. Neither could or were prepared to articulate what they felt were the key supporters concerns with any real conviction. I thought the 5 managers answer was frankly ludicrous, but it was followed up twice from the floor.

There was a little bit of fans forum going on at times, inevitable I guess but Jean's sub brought a great focus to the meeting with a determined and eloquent contribution about the value of properly engaging supporters and why things were going wrong. The point was pressed home throughout the meeting,and I do think it was a bit of a turning point in KM's engagement with the problem.

I didn't let her off the hook with suggesting it was up to supporters to change their attitude, pointing to Craig's excellent comments as a contrast with the protests, and whilst none of us in the room felt personal abuse acceptable the club had to acknowledge that Charlton fans feeling they needed to protest was a huge comment on the job the club were doing to engage and involve them.

We got a commitment to some actions at the end but will let Curb_it deal with them.

If I'm honest the club didn't make it easy for us to work to our structure - it was almost as if someone had passed our plans on- and I left a little disappointed that we weren't able to challenge quite at the level we wanted. But overall I think we got the message across, KM seemed genuine in wanting to build bridges and the meeting I was at wasn't quite what was put over on Twitter. What I said about expectations before the meeting is apposite perhaps. We may have missed some opportunities but the nature of the forum was restrictive in that sense.

Conclusion? The fans did a lot better than the club, but there was a sense towards the end that the club were getting it.

Now I'm going to take the hour's drive home and then get some kip. Up for posting more tomorrow, video should be online in the morning I understand.

I don't know why any of you apologised for anything. First up, it's not your job to apologise for the actions of myself or any other supporters. With all due respect, don't ever do that again. If you want to apologise for your own actions that's fine but plenty who attended the protest didn't behave in that manner. I will give you both the benefit of the doubt on this until I watch the video but this greatly disappoints me on a evening when the club didn't appear to acknowledge any of the supporters frustrations let alone if they thought they are right.

The local press may well have their own agenda but it fits the way a lot of fans feel and unless they are misquoting there is serious cause for concern. You say KM seem more engaged when it went on, can you please give examples tomorrow?

Don't apologise for missing opportunities, I'm sure you were shammed by the club and that was the plan all along. I feel for you there as I'm sure you put a lot of work in, safe trip back.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Hi all,

First thing I will say is that you need to read the local reporters' tweets in the context that they want the angle. The NewsShopper has already shown their hand, but that's their job, no issue from me.

What's been lost is the context and I think Seth and Curb_it have started to restore some of it.

We made the point from the off that we weren't happy with being presented with a panel when we were invited to a meeting with RM/KM, nor that KM indicated she would direct the meeting. I laid out how we wanted the meeting to run and asked them to respect it. We did lose control of the roving mic early doors though so we lost some structure and whilst the floor rather cleverly brought some of that back the flow had gone by then.

The presentation didn't take as much wind from our sails add the club had hoped, but it didn't help because they were able to refer to it as if it was the complete answer.

I felt KM struggled early on but improved. Neither could or were prepared to articulate what they felt were the key supporters concerns with any real conviction. I thought the 5 managers answer was frankly ludicrous, but it was followed up twice from the floor.

There was a little bit of fans forum going on at times, inevitable I guess but Jean's sub brought a great focus to the meeting with a determined and eloquent contribution about the value of properly engaging supporters and why things were going wrong. The point was pressed home throughout the meeting,and I do think it was a bit of a turning point in KM's engagement with the problem.

I didn't let her off the hook with suggesting it was up to supporters to change their attitude, pointing to Craig's excellent comments as a contrast with the protests, and whilst none of us in the room felt personal abuse acceptable the club had to acknowledge that Charlton fans feeling they needed to protest was a huge comment on the job the club were doing to engage and involve them.

We got a commitment to some actions at the end but will let Curb_it deal with them.

If I'm honest the club didn't make it easy for us to work to our structure - it was almost as if someone had passed our plans on- and I left a little disappointed that we weren't able to challenge quite at the level we wanted. But overall I think we got the message across, KM seemed genuine in wanting to build bridges and the meeting I was at wasn't quite what was put over on Twitter. What I said about expectations before the meeting is apposite perhaps. We may have missed some opportunities but the nature of the forum was restrictive in that sense.

Conclusion? The fans did a lot better than the club, but there was a sense towards the end that the club were getting it.

Now I'm going to take the hour's drive home and then get some kip. Up for posting more tomorrow, video should be online in the morning I understand.

Please don't tell me we're going to give these goons a 13th chance?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

How did Murray perform in your opinion Seth?

Anybody familiar with Richard's style will be able to guess what he was like. A mix of what experiences he has had, comparisons with other clubs, bigging up Saturday as a sea change, bringing Jacko in to reinforce the point of the positive Karel effect and so on. Richard was loyal to the regime, but I feel the later contribution by Craig Norris was telling. Craig was a supporters director before, and reminded Richard of some of the good stuff about fan involvement which I think resonated with Richard, and he was relatively quiet after that,
    The most serious 'whaaaat' moment of all, amongst some other ones, was to suggest that every managerial appointment had been a success.
    I really urge people to watch that bit because however it is spun, it simply isn't true. The notion was that each managerial appointment led to an upsurge in form (the following crap was overlooked) and I believe, as others have said, that they hope Karel will follow that pattern.
    But that is a complete contradiction in itself, it's still a ridiculous statement because it's like trying to justify moving one step forward to go two back. However they've paraphrased it, it's still complete bollocks and it certainly isn't any kind of a defence is it? Are we the f***ing three month football movement now?

• Options
    She even pulls out this card.

Who the fk does she think she is?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curb_It said:

I can't update fully tonight as need to go to bed.

I suggest everyone watches the video then give a bit of a calmer opinion.

The JJ goal question was a jokey comment made by a member of staff.

The tweet mentioning one fan slagging off the fans was made by a club employee who was at MK Dons. The room was full of club staff who were invited to listen. They were probably the ones that clapped at the end. Tho he was the only one to speak... Well rant really.

I think the main message put across was how unhappy fans are with the way she has treated everyone. She didn't like the way Rich took control of the meeting at all after she announced she was the chair.

One big comment from Richard Murray saying how important the relationship is between the owner and the manager and our owner likes to know his manager. Depressing

I have pages of scribbled notes but please remember what reporters have tweeted are the answers only. There were questions asked.

I'm going to bed.

I look forward to watching the video later today, however why was the room full of club staff and one then speaks. Total carve up from the club.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Brad Pinard ‏@Brad_Pinard · 1m1 minute ago
    An awkward silence in the room filled with: 'So Johnnie talk us through your goal on Saturday' from a fan. #CAFC

Wow, what an incisive searching question. What plum asked that?
    Hopefully not Seth....
    LenGlover said:

An awkward silence in the room filled with: 'So Johnnie talk us through your goal on Saturday' from a fan. #CAFC

Hopefully not Seth....
    LenGlover said:

Hopefully not Seth....
    Posting without reading again Len? That joke was done pages ago.
  • Options
    Badger said:

You can get a billboard near the ground for £140 a week.

Do we know anyone who lives in the flats round the back of the Jimmy Seed stand?
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Fuck sake. That statement makes me angrier than I've been throughout her entire reign here. What a piece of work she is!

300 protesters is a long long way from being majority does not matter what swing you put on it
    Colin. Where does the 300 figure come from ?

Fuck sake. That statement makes me angrier than I've been throughout her entire reign here. What a piece of work she is!

300 protesters is a long long way from being majority does not matter what swing you put on it

Local press and even Reams on ITTV says the turnout was disappointing

At 2.30 on a match day that area is full of supporters every match anyway

Feck of Colin. You were to busy licking arses to see the true feeling of anger and frustration that was there.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    So Jackson didn't think much of Luzon's tactics - I wonder if Luzon rather than losing the dressing room, lost Jackson & without him he was toast.

Jackson is definitely a key figure at The Valley.

If KF has Jackson on his side, (JJ has already started more games under KF than he did this season under Luzon), it might be a big part of the equation for moving forward with Fraeye. The issue might be that Jackson now expects a much more prominent role on the pitch as a return for his support. So is KF, Euell, Jacko or RD picking the team?

Jackson must have his eye on a coaching/management role & if KF is the conduit to that - again it's no wonder he is backing him.
  • Options
    Thanks Seth and Rikofold for some calm communication/analysis. Will see the club video after getting some sleep,then make a judgement.

Still frustrated though, the complete structure of the club needs changing so that communication flows down from the top, eventually everybody is singing from the same hymn sheet. IMo