Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

JBG on protests: It's not nice"

Comments

• Options
    Maybe a boycott is the best option then?

Let the players have silence so they can concentrate on kicking the ball, because it seems some words to the same tunes are too distracting to many of them.

I'm sure it is out of contex but I will sing what I want for my £400 a season!!!

• Options
    iamdan said:

Cheers JBG. £100 for Brighton trip and it's my fault :neutral:

Fair play for putting your hands up, I assume you're the chorister, what were you singing? :open_mouth:
  • Options
    iamdan said:

Not forced to spend that £100 on the Brighton trip were you...?

Its your choice to go and because Football is still a sport its not guaranteed what'll happen during the match, Charlton could win so that your £100 has gone to good use, or they could lose (most likely will) which means your £100 was a waste.

No different to buying a lottery ticket!!
  • Options
    Granpa said:

Never mind, on we go towards the 20K !

With all the empty seats on Saturday, I think we should try something a little more realistic...Target 10,000 might just be doable the way we're going!
  • Options
    Poor comments from him IMHO
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Granpa said:

Never mind, on we go towards the 20K !

With all the empty seats on Saturday, I think we should try something a little more realistic...Target 10,000 might just be doable the way we're going!
    That rings a bell Tell :confused: .........oh hang on a minute!
  • Options
    Just a thought. Wouldn't it be good if we could explain our views and motives directly to the players, maybe via the skipper? JJ got some of that at the fans meeting but that was stage managed and to a degree sanitised. Twitter is too limited to get the nuances across. If JJ at least understands that it's not about the players or even the performances, it might help the team. No idea how we could do that though, or even if he would be willing/able to listen.
  • Options
    iamdan said:

iamdan said:

Its your choice to go and because Football is still a sport its not guaranteed what'll happen during the match, Charlton could win so that your £100 has gone to good use, or they could lose (most likely will) which means your £100 was a waste.

Christ, I was only joking.

Ah apologies... I missed the tone of your message...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:

I think getting on the back of our most saleable asset is a fucking great idea.

#sarcasm

Don't worry - we'll still be selling him in the summer.
  • Options
    This sort of interview will only increase the number of empty seats. The fans who are protesting are the ones who care about the club, and have seen managers and players come and go. I'd say there were barely 10,000 there on saturday, and the reporter might have asked what it's like to play in front of an empty stadium, which it would have been if not for Ipswich's fantastic support. Easier to focus on the ones who are there rather than the ones who have had enough.
  • Options
    At some point between now and the start of next season he will have been sold for an undisclosed fee.
  • Options
    Divide and conquer continuing to work for KM ...
  • Options
    edited November 2015

I think the OP should change the title of this thread. It simply isn't what JBG said.

This completely, most on the forum don't actually click on the link and read his words which really are not blaming the supporters. Please change the thread title.

The early start, the match on sky, all contributed to a really flat atmosphere, where as for the Sheff Wed game, the protests actually fired the crowd up, really got behind the team and the team had tons more commitment and energy.
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

At some point between now and the start of next season he will have been sold for an undisclosed fee.

Very possible but selling one player (maybe two with Bergdich) with another seven incoming will hopefully be easier on the squad (not to mention will add depth) rather than 20 players leaving the club and only seven incoming
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    To be fair, some people on here have argued the same point. To be even more fair, it sounds a lot as if he was misquoted and his remarks are taken out of context. Anyone with a twatter account should maybe check to see if all the wannabees who derided Watt when he went to Cardiff are now assaulting JBG.
    The point made before that the fans want a better standard of player/manager is really in the interests of the current team, is a good one. But really, I think this is all taken out of its context.
    If he'd whipped out his mobile in the second minute and taken a photo or two while smirking....well that would have been a different can of worms.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

iamdan said:

Suspect the odds on winning the lottery are a tad better at the moment.....
  • Options
    Title amended with an actual quote.

Jeez.
  • Options
    Daily Express/Mail type of headline from the News Shopper, whilst the South London Press is more realistic.
  • Options
    Pretty sure he's just feeling shit about not winning again like a lot of our first team will be and is desperate for anything that might give them the edge in a game. This could include:

- More vocal support from the crowd

along with

- Better/experienced players alongside
    - More effort from all players
    - A more tactically astute manager
    - Deeper squad so we have options to bring on and change the way we play if needed
  • Options
    Black and white campaign Is the answer
  • Options

This sort of interview will only increase the number of empty seats. The fans who are protesting are the ones who care about the club, and have seen managers and players come and go. I'd say there were barely 10,000 there on saturday, and the reporter might have asked what it's like to play in front of an empty stadium, which it would have been if not for Ipswich's fantastic support. Easier to focus on the ones who are there rather than the ones who have had enough.

It's not just the fans who are protesting that care about the club mate. My family and I are protesting by not going. I don't want to give them another penny of my money. It will only be when the ground is empty, and income is down that they will give a toss. Just because I'm not wearing a black and white scarf, doesn't mean I don't care.
  • Options

Black and white campaign Is the answer

What was the question? What is this winter's must have look on the terraces?
  • Options
    braydex said:

It's not just the fans who are protesting that care about the club mate. My family and I are protesting by not going. I don't want to give them another penny of my money. It will only be when the ground is empty, and income is down that they will give a toss. Just because I'm not wearing a black and white scarf, doesn't mean I don't care.
    The point of the scarves is that they are visable. The CEO, the media and other fans can see them. Staying away is less visable and more easily dismissed or ignored by the regime.

But watch this space. Spell It Out will have something you can join in with soon without coming to games or wearing a black and white scarf. Even NLA will be able to get involved : - )
  • Options

braydex said:

The point of the scarves is that they are visable. The CEO, the media and other fans can see them. Staying away is less visable and more easily dismissed or ignored by the regime.

But watch this space. Spell It Out will have something you can join in with soon without coming to games or wearing a black and white scarf. Even NLA will be able to get involved : - )
    Well that sounds interesting and if I think it will have an impact then I'm happy to support it 100%.

Unfortunately, I disagree on your comment about the scarves. Watching the game on TV on Saturday, you couldn't tell that fans were wearing black and white scarves. However, it was more than evident that the ground was more than half empty. Can you imagine if the game had been played without a single Charlton fan attending the game? It would have been crystal clear to everyone that something is clearly not right, that fans are clearly not happy...plus the players wouldn't have been able to blame the fans for another inept performance on the pitch! Happy to agree to disagree but for me the only way is to stay away.....and in all fairness, I think an empty stadium is only a few home games away anyway, and for the record, that gives me no pleasure at all.
  • Options
    Ah, this gets me all nostalgic, me. I remember the days of yore when singing "We should have stayed at the Valley" relentlessly produced season after season of poor performances, until we were nearly relegated to the conference.

Oh, wait...