Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

JBG on protests: It's not nice"

Comments

• Options

braydex said:

braydex said:

RedChaser said:

'Watching the game on TV on Saturday, you couldn't tell that fans were wearing black and white scarves.'

@braydex you need a colour telly for Christmas..........oh I see what you did there very subtle message to Santa :wink:

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/resources/images/4504291.jpg?display=1&htype=16&type=mc3

Have a look at the above picture taken from the West Stand......what stands our more, black and white scarves or thousands of empty red seats?

Nothing personal against those behind the black and white campaign, but I just dont think it is very effective.
    But no one is reporting your absence.

Is the CEO being given flyers in the streets about your non-attendance?

Does anyone not reading your posts know that your not attending or why?

Are the media running stories about "Braydex not at game again:crisis talks imminent"?

How effective has you staying away been? Has anything changed as a result.

Yes, staying away hurts them if you've stopped paying but in their arrogance they will say it's because the weather was bad, it's close to Christmas, it was on TV and anyway we have their money and the gate is still officially 16k.

I'm not attacking people who stay away, it's your choice and I understand why. And yes in the long term it hurts them.

but I'd rather have a campaign that is visable and that people can see and that brings change, whoever small or unlikely, before we lose more fans and more income.

SIO and boycotts shouldn't be seen as mutually exclusive options, they are not in competition.
    I totally understand what you are saying and perhaps i'm not coming across as being understanding to the black and white protests etc. I am. I do understand why people might choose to take part in it.

Of course, no one is reporting on my absence and I wouldn't expect them to. But a total boycott of one of more games would seriously make the owner think "this cannot carry on", and i'm confident it would get media attention.

Staying away week in week out is killing me. I hate it. I started the season like plenty of others, optimistic if not entirely happy. If still a bit confused. But I still bought season tickets. After a while, I just ended up really not enjoying going to matches. Why should I go? The players are not good enough and the squad is too small. The owner doesn't really care. The CEO resents the fans. What/who am I supporting?

I watched the game on Saturday with my boys in a pub in Essex (so I haven't totally given up on them). I saw absolutely nothing that would make me come back any time soon. The look on KM's face spoke a thousand words. She couldn't have cared less if all those attending had dressed up as Mr Blobby to make their point. They still made noise. They still spent money. She's not interested in what you/us think. She is running a business and if the customers don't like it, they can 'shop' elsewhere. And my fear is.....they are/will.

Fair enough then you and @RodneyCharltonTrotta and others need to start organising a total boycott if you believe that is the only way.

But since SIO couldn't get 40% to 50% to hold up a poster (not that I'm unhappy with the 50% we did get as that is success) I can't see you getting them to not turn up at all.
    It's up to people themselves to boycott if they want to. I'm suggesting that it's only such action en masse will see material amendments to the owner's flawed strategy and even then tthere's no guarantee.

Not my place to organise boycotts or coerce others to do so. People nonplussed with it will stop going if they see fit like myself or continue with alternative methods of protest and "dialogue" whilst many will continue to happily attend and not see any issues or reason to protest.

Each to their own.
    So how will people know which game or games to boycott?

How will they know that such an idea exists? Or what the aims are?

Seems a strange kind of boycott that doesn't ask people to boycott or say why?
  • Options

WSS said:
    This added to yet another non-performance on Saturday underlines without fear of equivocation that he is a worthless, self-serving, show-pony, thief. He can give back his salary and get as far away from Charlton as quickly as his superannuated oh so fragile arctic feet can carry him.

RD should accept any offer that will get this poisonous charlatan out of the dressing room without paying him a single cent more than absolutely necessary.
    You sound like Lady C
  • Options

Well, that's exactly what I did but I don't think it's the reaction that JBG was looking for!

I think that is probably a better help to the players than the booing and the chants to the board.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not condemning the chants that are being aimed at the board, I just think they should be used before the match / at half-time and then at the end of the match...
    That's fair enough.

Just to be clear, I would have joined in the protest in the second minute had I not been stuck on the A2 for about 45 minutes and missed it (I pretty much sprinted to the ground from Charlton Park but that was a waste of time as I got into the ground exactly as the minute ended. Sadder still, my legs still ache from it today!).

• Options

braydex said:

braydex said:

RedChaser said:

'Watching the game on TV on Saturday, you couldn't tell that fans were wearing black and white scarves.'

@braydex you need a colour telly for Christmas..........oh I see what you did there very subtle message to Santa :wink:

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/resources/images/4504291.jpg?display=1&htype=16&type=mc3

Fair enough then you and @RodneyCharltonTrotta and others need to start organising a total boycott if you believe that is the only way.

But since SIO couldn't get 40% to 50% to hold up a poster (not that I'm unhappy with the 50% we did get as that is success) I can't see you getting them to not turn up at all.
    I have no intention of organising a boycott. It's up to the individuals to boycott games if they want to. All I've said is, in my opinion only, the more fans who boycott games, the more likely the 'regime' are to take notice of us and our views, and perhaps force a change/changes. And i'll stick by that for now.
  • Options
    Fair play to the club for skipping out on that part of his interview though, it wouldn't do either sides any favours....
  • Options
    edited November 2015

When read in context it's not one to get overly excited about. I must admit that comments like those do bug me though. For the fifth home game in the last six we saw the team go 2-0 behind, what does he really want us to do at that point?

Sit there in silence or if you really don't like it then leave?

This isnt a dig at the comment I'm quoting now but people say: Oh if that was my line of work and I was producing results like that then I'd be sacked... Well how the hell would people on here like it if they got booed and shouted that their rubbish if they made a mistake at work... they'd be straight to HR crying their eyes out!!
    pay me £8000 a week and you can call me anything you want.
    Your human so those receiving the abuse and insults will get to you eventually...

If not you then it'll probably effect your family that are sitting in the stands supporting you
    Baldybonce human? That's hit me for six I had him down as a super hero for us follicly challenged Addicks :wink:
  • Options
    We should really back the team during the game, it's not their fault why we are in a position we are in.

By all means, protest before and after the game but not during the game!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

We should really back the team during the game, it's not their fault why we are in a position we are in.

DiscoCAFC said:

DiscoCAFC said:

DiscoCAFC said:

Whose fault is it then, the groundsman?
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Fair play to the club for skipping out on that part of his interview though, it wouldn't do either sides any favours....

I suspect that has more to do with not wanting to mention the protest at all.
  • Options

When read in context it's not one to get overly excited about. I must admit that comments like those do bug me though. For the fifth home game in the last six we saw the team go 2-0 behind, what does he really want us to do at that point?

This isnt a dig at the comment I'm quoting now but people say: Oh if that was my line of work and I was producing results like that then I'd be sacked... Well how the hell would people on here like it if they got booed and shouted that their rubbish if they made a mistake at work... they'd be straight to HR crying their eyes out!!
    Your human so those receiving the abuse and insults will get to you eventually...

If not you then it'll probably effect your family that are sitting in the stands supporting you
    No, I would soak up the adulation and cheers when things are good and take it on the chin when things are bad.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Baldybonce human? That's hit me for six I had him down as a super hero for us follicly challenged Addicks :wink:

you know it.
  • Options
    JBG needs to know that it is possible to support the team and differentiate that from the owners. The 2percent protest is not against the team. I would also like to say to JBG that it is not very nice as a home supporter to see the team getting consistently tanked 3-0 at home on a regular basis and to be effectively run into the ground.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Hmmm so we've won everytime the fans have got behind the team and lost everytime they've been booed off the pitch...

Thats the second player to come out now and say the fans arent helping performances and still the fans think its bullshit, yes people on here have said that its not aimed at the players but if thats the case, protest when the match isnt in progress, there is plenty of time before and after the match to vent our views without it involving the players.

Of course fans cant do that now because they've booed for so many years they know that if they stop that performances will pick up and it'll become completely clear that it is their fault!!.

Yes the old saying is that we pay our money we can say what we want, but if thats the simple case, your not forced to spend your money, dont like it, dont bother!!... In addition its so simple that if a player wants a say, why dont they too just buy a season ticket!!!

If everyone who was protesting didn't bother, there would be a bigger sea of red seats at The Valley.

Personally, I admire the fact that they can still turn up. I don't any more and have no intention of going back to The Valley until there's a significant shift in direction from RD & Co.

Besides, each away day is like a little adventure for me. I've never been one to go away much, but I'm enjoying the change right now.
  • Options
    JBG is missing the point. It is the mismanagement by RD and KM that is being protested about. JGB is an international footballer looking to go to the European Championships and do well. JGB is one of Charltons better players.
    What does he really think of the team mates/ squad players he knows are not good enough. What good will it do his career being managed/ coached by inexperienced, inadequate managers appointed for the owners convience.
    That's why we are unhappy JBG, it's as much for you.
  • Options

We're working on getting in some better fans from the network in the January window.

Hoping some of our younger fans from the local creche are going to break through into the Covered End Choir this season too before moving on to West Ham.

FFS someone get on a plane and bring me a bloody contract. I'm not from the network and I truly care. The transfer fee will be undisclosed though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Not bothered what he says here and don't think anyone should take it too seriously.
    He's probably frustrated by the club in general as we the fans are and hurting inside he's showing emotion at least and saying how he feels not just kissing everyone's ass. He's being honest.

It's also comments that he may not agree with when asked on a different occasion. Don't look too deeply into this.
  • Options
    it's the quote "its Not Nice" that make me chuckle, does he think those protesting feel good about it, probably not but they like I Worry for our club. We just keep stumbling from one bad decision to another from one bad and I'll timed comment to another.
  • Options

Fumbluff said:

I suspect that has more to do with not wanting to mention the protest at all.
    Of course, I bet that was a fun meeting to be in
  • Options

braydex said:

braydex said:

RedChaser said:

Have a look at the above picture taken from the West Stand......what stands our more, black and white scarves or thousands of empty red seats?

Nothing personal against those behind the black and white campaign, but I just dont think it is very effective.
    But no one is reporting your absence.

Is the CEO being given flyers in the streets about your non-attendance?

Does anyone not reading your posts know that your not attending or why?

Are the media running stories about "Braydex not at game again:crisis talks imminent"?

How effective has you staying away been? Has anything changed as a result.

Yes, staying away hurts them if you've stopped paying but in their arrogance they will say it's because the weather was bad, it's close to Christmas, it was on TV and anyway we have their money and the gate is still officially 16k.

I'm not attacking people who stay away, it's your choice and I understand why. And yes in the long term it hurts them.

but I'd rather have a campaign that is visable and that people can see and that brings change, whoever small or unlikely, before we lose more fans and more income.

SIO and boycotts shouldn't be seen as mutually exclusive options, they are not in competition.
    I totally understand what you are saying and perhaps i'm not coming across as being understanding to the black and white protests etc. I am. I do understand why people might choose to take part in it.

Of course, no one is reporting on my absence and I wouldn't expect them to. But a total boycott of one of more games would seriously make the owner think "this cannot carry on", and i'm confident it would get media attention.

Staying away week in week out is killing me. I hate it. I started the season like plenty of others, optimistic if not entirely happy. If still a bit confused. But I still bought season tickets. After a while, I just ended up really not enjoying going to matches. Why should I go? The players are not good enough and the squad is too small. The owner doesn't really care. The CEO resents the fans. What/who am I supporting?

I watched the game on Saturday with my boys in a pub in Essex (so I haven't totally given up on them). I saw absolutely nothing that would make me come back any time soon. The look on KM's face spoke a thousand words. She couldn't have cared less if all those attending had dressed up as Mr Blobby to make their point. They still made noise. They still spent money. She's not interested in what you/us think. She is running a business and if the customers don't like it, they can 'shop' elsewhere. And my fear is.....they are/will.

It's up to people themselves to boycott if they want to. I'm suggesting that it's only such action en masse will see material amendments to the owner's flawed strategy and even then tthere's no guarantee.

Not my place to organise boycotts or coerce others to do so. People nonplussed with it will stop going if they see fit like myself or continue with alternative methods of protest and "dialogue" whilst many will continue to happily attend and not see any issues or reason to protest.

Each to their own.
    So how will people know which game or games to boycott?

How will they know that such an idea exists? Or what the aims are?

Seems a strange kind of boycott that doesn't ask people to boycott or say why?
    If there was to be an organised boycott, I believe those boycotting should consider attending an away game (and away games in general) instead. That would make it clear that those boycotting believe there is something specifically wrong at the Valley but they continue to support the team.

I believe that was the approach of a significant part of the Brighton fanbase, meaning they had big away crowds while they were stuck at the Withdean.

Obviously all of our away games until the end of February are up north and it's easier and closer for Brighton to go to away games up north etc etc.
  • Options
    Actually the protest can take different forms and one that doesn't affect the players should also be considered. It's not a black and white situation (excuse the pun) where protest can ONLYbe during the game. However during the game is when there is an audience; one that you wont get elsewhere.
  • Options
    Johann - it's not nice watching an Icelandic international playing like an Icelandic trawlerman either.
  • Options

Johann - it's not nice watching an Icelandic international playing like an Icelandic trawlerman either.

Bit strong. He's not played as well as last season but is still a good player and one of the best we've had since our Premiership days. Every time he got into a potentially dangerous position on Saturday three Ipswich players crowded him out. It's up to KF to work out what we do when other teams focus on JBG which they are doing this year.

• Options
    JBG will coast through this season, picking up his fat weekly wage, trying not to get injured for the Euros then he will be off next summer.

Lets hope he has a good Euro championships so RD gets a decent fee!!!
  • Options

Bit strong. He's not played as well as last season but is still a good player and one of the best we've had since our Premiership days. Every time he got into a potentially dangerous position on Saturday three Ipswich players crowded him out. It's up to KF to work out what we do when other teams focus on JBG which they are doing this year.

Yes he is a good player. I've been a good fan. I just don't think he's got the right to moan about our protesting when he and the team aren't playing consistently well every week.
    He's coasting.