Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

JBG on protests: It's not nice"

Comments

• Options
    eh, what happened to the quoting thingy?
  • Options
    That picture of the north stand is frightening. Really crap attendance. For me, it underlines that while communication could be improved, all the target 20,000 is a waste of time. With the current set up, the only way to get a plus 20,000 crowd would be to give the tickets away, or to march fans in at gunpoint. The CEO could'nt better show her incompetence than that she can't grasp that a poor team/crap results leads to falling attendances. This is our third season with these clowns. The fans have wised up that they are being taken for a ride. RD and KM still think they can tell us all the managers have been good appointments and they'll be believed. Laughable.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Hopefully a player like Jackson or someone like Euell who understands Charlton fans better will have a quick chat with Johann, explain why that was a silly thing to say.

Equally though I hope us fans don't overreact to one comment, let it go.
  • Options
    He said: “Well the manager position is not my decision - it’s the club’s.

Which to be fair to him is avoiding having to say Fraeye is unsuitable.

For all the flack he is getting here I imagine he is a bit peeved by being led to believe we were going to bring in decent players and push on.

Aside from all this I am sure that he really could not give a f*** about the protests, he has to answer the questions in the same cliché ridden way as most players.

I don't have much problem with him, he is a bloody good player but think he is bogged down with all the rubbish going on here.

Roughly translated I reckon he wants out and could well be gone in January, a shame.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

shine166 said:

If you want to support the team then attend, going to a game and booing for 90mins seems like a rediculous thing to do

Completely agree with this... If you want to get behind the team make some noise and support them, if you don't like how they're playing then just remain silent or leave because the booing doesnt help.

Isnt there the saying... Silence speaks a thousand words?
    Not sure if you were at this game, or the ones against Preston or Brentford - but there really isn't that much booing going on considering how terrible things are. Most are just sat there in silence/apathy, as I suspect a lot of people are past the point of anger and are just accepting of the fact that we are a club that is absolutely up the creek.

Can you imagine the likes of Leeds, Millwall or any other Football League club for that matter giving players an easy time like we have after so many thrashings at home?
    I'm at every home game... Are you serious to say there wasn't much booing at those games, a goal only had to go in against Brentford and the fans would boo

My other half refuses to attend matches now because she's fed up of the negative rubbish the fans come out with!!
  • Options
    Actually I reckon the point here is the one good home game since August (Wednesday) was when fans protested outside the West Stand and got our anger across outside the match. The team started brightly, the support was good, we won.
    A protest outside beforehand could actually be helpful as it shows that our targets are the owner and CEO, not the players (though I agree most of them were a bit rubbish on Saturday). Do the players care about a protest so clearly not against them?

• Options
    At the end of the day I've never known a match where booing has helped their team during a match, and I've been going to matches for over 20-years and have only seen performances get worse when that happens...

Find it pathetic and petty that people only think of themselves and the effort that they've made by going to match and if they want to boo then fair enough just do not expect to the team to turn it around, yes you've paid your money but if you cant accept that a Football result is random then you should be doing something else with your time
  • Options
    When read in context it's not one to get overly excited about. I must admit that comments like those do bug me though. For the fifth home game in the last six we saw the team go 2-0 behind, what does he really want us to do at that point?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

At the end of the day I've never known a match where booing has helped their team during a match, and I've been going to matches for over 20-years and have only seen performances get worse when that happens...

Find it pathetic and petty that people only think of themselves and the effort that they've made by going to match and if they want to boo then fair enough just do not expect to the team to turn it around, yes you've paid your money but if you cant accept that a Football result is random then you should be doing something else with your time

And there was me thinking football was a game of tactics
  • Options
    he'll get his way soon and there won't be any booing because those who boo and protest will stay away leaving just those who think the owner and players can do no wrong and are content getting dicked 3-0 every week in the Conference South.
  • Options

When read in context it's not one to get overly excited about. I must admit that comments like those do bug me though. For the fifth home game in the last six we saw the team go 2-0 behind, what does he really want us to do at that point?

Sit there in silence or if you really don't like it then leave?

This isnt a dig at the comment I'm quoting now but people say: Oh if that was my line of work and I was producing results like that then I'd be sacked... Well how the hell would people on here like it if they got booed and shouted that their rubbish if they made a mistake at work... they'd be straight to HR crying their eyes out!!
  • Options
    Croydon said:

And there was me thinking football was a game of tactics
    So it was tactics that saw the ball deflect past Henderson for the second goal was it?

Tactics will only get you so far in Sport... You also need something called luck
  • Options

This isnt a dig at the comment I'm quoting now but people say: Oh if that was my line of work and I was producing results like that then I'd be sacked... Well how the hell would people on here like it if they got booed and shouted that their rubbish if they made a mistake at work... they'd be straight to HR crying their eyes out!!
    but football is a different type of business all together. People pay to watch you perform. Footballers get a bloody good wage. If they don't like it then perhaps they should get a job in a factory, they wouldn't last five minutes.

• Options

but football is a different type of business all together. People pay to watch you perform. Footballers get a bloody good wage. If they don't like it then perhaps they should get a job in a factory, they wouldn't last five minutes.

If this is the case why do people use the "Oh I'd be sacked for mistakes like that"... Seems as though this sort of thing works one way but not the other (Funny that)

What like Clive Mendonca in a Nissan Factory do you mean?
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    WSS said:
    This added to yet another non-performance on Saturday underlines without fear of equivocation that he is a worthless, self-serving, show-pony, thief. He can give back his salary and get as far away from Charlton as quickly as his superannuated oh so fragile arctic feet can carry him.

RD should accept any offer that will get this poisonous charlatan out of the dressing room without paying him a single cent more than absolutely necessary.
  • Options

WSS said:
    This added to yet another non-performance on Saturday underlines without fear of equivocation that he is a worthless, self-serving, show-pony, thief. He can give back his salary and get as far away from Charlton as quickly as his superannuated oh so fragile arctic feet can carry him.
    Yet when Gudmundsson does leave he'll be moaned at for his lack of loyalty to the club.

Funny how we come out about this when to many he was the best player at our club just seven months ago?
  • Options

Well, that's exactly what I did but I don't think it's the reaction that JBG was looking for!

• Options
    seth plum said:

KINSELLA7 said:

I don't think he's said anything wrong.
    The last thing we want now is fans getting on his back. If they do that you might as well kiss goodbye to the championship right now.

Don't quite agree with this, I would suggest the last thing he wants is not getting paid.
    I said WE want
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2015

Well, that's exactly what I did but I don't think it's the reaction that JBG was looking for!

I think that is probably a better help to the players than the booing and the chants to the board.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not condemning the chants that are being aimed at the board, I just think they should be used before the match / at half-time and then at the end of the match...
  • Options

This sort of interview will only increase the number of empty seats. The fans who are protesting are the ones who care about the club, and have seen managers and players come and go. I'd say there were barely 10,000 there on saturday, and the reporter might have asked what it's like to play in front of an empty stadium, which it would have been if not for Ipswich's fantastic support. Easier to focus on the ones who are there rather than the ones who have had enough.

This is exactly the sort of thing which makes me dislike the protesting, I never protested, does that make me an inferior supporter to you? I also don't appreciate a flyer practically being forced on me or being asked why I am not standing up in the second minute. I also have worn red and white my whole life to represent the team I support so no I don't want to wear black and white scarf, I'm happy with my red and white one. Those sort of antics I mentioned are causing divides between the fans more than Meire in my opinion.
  • Options
    braydex said:

braydex said:

RedChaser said:

'Watching the game on TV on Saturday, you couldn't tell that fans were wearing black and white scarves.'

@braydex you need a colour telly for Christmas..........oh I see what you did there very subtle message to Santa :wink:

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/resources/images/4504291.jpg?display=1&htype=16&type=mc3

Have a look at the above picture taken from the West Stand......what stands our more, black and white scarves or thousands of empty red seats?

Nothing personal against those behind the black and white campaign, but I just dont think it is very effective.
    But no one is reporting your absence.

Is the CEO being given flyers in the streets about your non-attendance?

Does anyone not reading your posts know that your not attending or why?

Are the media running stories about "Braydex not at game again:crisis talks imminent"?

How effective has you staying away been? Has anything changed as a result.

Yes, staying away hurts them if you've stopped paying but in their arrogance they will say it's because the weather was bad, it's close to Christmas, it was on TV and anyway we have their money and the gate is still officially 16k.

I'm not attacking people who stay away, it's your choice and I understand why. And yes in the long term it hurts them.

but I'd rather have a campaign that is visable and that people can see and that brings change, whoever small or unlikely, before we lose more fans and more income.

SIO and boycotts shouldn't be seen as mutually exclusive options, they are not in competition.
    I totally understand what you are saying and perhaps i'm not coming across as being understanding to the black and white protests etc. I am. I do understand why people might choose to take part in it.

Of course, no one is reporting on my absence and I wouldn't expect them to. But a total boycott of one of more games would seriously make the owner think "this cannot carry on", and i'm confident it would get media attention.

Staying away week in week out is killing me. I hate it. I started the season like plenty of others, optimistic if not entirely happy. If still a bit confused. But I still bought season tickets. After a while, I just ended up really not enjoying going to matches. Why should I go? The players are not good enough and the squad is too small. The owner doesn't really care. The CEO resents the fans. What/who am I supporting?

I watched the game on Saturday with my boys in a pub in Essex (so I haven't totally given up on them). I saw absolutely nothing that would make me come back any time soon. The look on KM's face spoke a thousand words. She couldn't have cared less if all those attending had dressed up as Mr Blobby to make their point. They still made noise. They still spent money. She's not interested in what you/us think. She is running a business and if the customers don't like it, they can 'shop' elsewhere. And my fear is.....they are/will.

Fair enough then you and @RodneyCharltonTrotta and others need to start organising a total boycott if you believe that is the only way.

But since SIO couldn't get 40% to 50% to hold up a poster (not that I'm unhappy with the 50% we did get as that is success) I can't see you getting them to not turn up at all.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited November 2015

Im personally more a support the team not the regime stance and we need the points at the minute so turn up for the Leeds game and get behind them.

First game for me since Palace (season ticket holder), it might be another 3 months before I can face it again..

;-)
  • Options

braydex said:

braydex said:

RedChaser said:

'Watching the game on TV on Saturday, you couldn't tell that fans were wearing black and white scarves.'

@braydex you need a colour telly for Christmas..........oh I see what you did there very subtle message to Santa :wink:

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/resources/images/4504291.jpg?display=1&htype=16&type=mc3

Have a look at the above picture taken from the West Stand......what stands our more, black and white scarves or thousands of empty red seats?

Nothing personal against those behind the black and white campaign, but I just dont think it is very effective.
    But no one is reporting your absence.

Is the CEO being given flyers in the streets about your non-attendance?

Does anyone not reading your posts know that your not attending or why?

Are the media running stories about "Braydex not at game again:crisis talks imminent"?

How effective has you staying away been? Has anything changed as a result.

Yes, staying away hurts them if you've stopped paying but in their arrogance they will say it's because the weather was bad, it's close to Christmas, it was on TV and anyway we have their money and the gate is still officially 16k.

I'm not attacking people who stay away, it's your choice and I understand why. And yes in the long term it hurts them.

but I'd rather have a campaign that is visable and that people can see and that brings change, whoever small or unlikely, before we lose more fans and more income.

SIO and boycotts shouldn't be seen as mutually exclusive options, they are not in competition.
    I totally understand what you are saying and perhaps i'm not coming across as being understanding to the black and white protests etc. I am. I do understand why people might choose to take part in it.

Of course, no one is reporting on my absence and I wouldn't expect them to. But a total boycott of one of more games would seriously make the owner think "this cannot carry on", and i'm confident it would get media attention.

Staying away week in week out is killing me. I hate it. I started the season like plenty of others, optimistic if not entirely happy. If still a bit confused. But I still bought season tickets. After a while, I just ended up really not enjoying going to matches. Why should I go? The players are not good enough and the squad is too small. The owner doesn't really care. The CEO resents the fans. What/who am I supporting?

I watched the game on Saturday with my boys in a pub in Essex (so I haven't totally given up on them). I saw absolutely nothing that would make me come back any time soon. The look on KM's face spoke a thousand words. She couldn't have cared less if all those attending had dressed up as Mr Blobby to make their point. They still made noise. They still spent money. She's not interested in what you/us think. She is running a business and if the customers don't like it, they can 'shop' elsewhere. And my fear is.....they are/will.

Fair enough then you and @RodneyCharltonTrotta and others need to start organising a total boycott if you believe that is the only way.

But since SIO couldn't get 40% to 50% to hold up a poster (not that I'm unhappy with the 50% we did get as that is success) I can't see you getting them to not turn up at all.
    It's up to people themselves to boycott if they want to. I'm suggesting that it's only such action en masse will see material amendments to the owner's flawed strategy and even then tthere's no guarantee.

Not my place to organise boycotts or coerce others to do so. People nonplussed with it will stop going if they see fit like myself or continue with alternative methods of protest and "dialogue" whilst many will continue to happily attend and not see any issues or reason to protest.

Each to their own.
  • Options

pay me £8000 a week and you can call me anything you want.
  • Options

pay me £8000 a week and you can call me anything you want.
    Your human so those receiving the abuse and insults will get to you eventually...

If not you then it'll probably effect your family that are sitting in the stands supporting you
  • Options

WSS said:
    Yet when Gudmundsson does leave he'll be moaned at for his lack of loyalty to the club.

Funny how we come out about this when to many he was the best player at our club just seven months ago?
    He has probably the most ability but he usually pulls his punches, regularly bottles challenges and on occasions like Saturday simply doesn't do his job, which is scandalous. Hadji Ba, Sarr, Cousins, Fox, Makienok can't do much about their lack of ability but the Icelander's shameless lack of commitment is quite, quite different.
  • Options

WSS said:

He has probably the most ability but he usually pulls his punches, regularly bottles challenges and on occasions like Saturday simply doesn't do his job, which is scandalous. Hadji Ba, Sarr, Cousins, Fox, Makienok can't do much about their lack of ability but the Icelander's shameless lack of commitment is quite, quite different.
    Nothing to do with the fact that opposition Managers regarded him as one of the best Wingers in the Division last season then so this year are identifying him as one of our biggest danger men... on Saturday he got the ball and had a chance to shoot but couldn't because nearly every Ipswich player had got in front of the ball so would have been a miracle had he scored, at best it would have gone for a corner (which it did) or it would have just allowed Ipswich to counter-attack