Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

South Africa v England Series 2015/2016

Comments

• Options
    Great double hundred Ben Stokes. Top top knock.
  • Options
    Maiden test double 100!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Brilliant knock.
    Did i hear that this is the first double century by an England no 6 ever.?
  • Options
    I've got a lot of respect for the fact that the Saffers all went over to shake his hand after the over.
  • Options
    Utter domination. Battered the Saffas into the ground. Best session I have ever seen England bat. Unbelievable.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    England haven't won at Newlands since 1957. Would be nice to go 2-0 and make Hashim rethink his prediction of winning the series 3-1.
  • Options

Brilliant knock.
    Did i hear that this is the first double century by an England no 6 ever.?

Yes. Previous highest was 178 by Hick.
  • Options
    And we're off. Big 6 by Stokes.
  • Options
    What an innings this is.
  • Options
    Bairstow nearing 100 too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nails his ton with a 4.
  • Options
    What a day for SuziSausage and Deccers to have tickets for!

Well done Jonny Bairstow, and actual Englishman scoring runs :-)
  • Options
    Well done Johnny!
  • Options
    Without wanting to put the mockers on it, 365 is the next target for this partnership, as this is the highest 6th wicket partnership in Test history (only set last year Williamson and Watling)
  • Options
    Stokes could break a few records if he keeps hitting sixes too - he's on 9, most by an Englishman is 10, most ever in Tests is 12 I think.
  • Options
    350 partnership. Unbelievable stuff against the World number ones ;-)
  • Options
    600 up. Both batsman now swinging, can see a declaration shortly.
  • Options

Without wanting to put the mockers on it, 365 is the next target for this partnership, as this is the highest 6th wicket partnership in Test history (only set last year Williamson and Watling)

Now broken the record.

601-5
  • Options

DONE !!
  • Options

600 up. Both batsman now swinging, can see a declaration shortly.

We've got 3 days, not sure I'd declare while Stokes is still going unless he tires and slows down a lot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Knowing Cook, he'll keep batting til tea.
  • Options
    I'd let them get to the next milestone each (250 and 150) then go. think I agree with @The_President though. Knowing cook it'll be tea/tomorrow morning
  • Options
    This also potentially pushes Bairstow up the pecking order in ODIs making it "interesting" in the next couple of years for the likes of Buttler and Billings. We will always have room for two of them but you could have the situation where all three are in superb form and one has to miss out.

Not a bad position to be in.
  • Options
    629-6 declared

Stokes out for 258 *(198) - dropped by ABV who then ran him out off the same ball
    Bairstow 150* (191)
  • Options
    Well played ginger giants!
  • Options

This also potentially pushes Bairstow up the pecking order in ODIs making it "interesting" in the next couple of years for the likes of Buttler and Billings. We will always have room for two of them but you could have the situation where all three are in superb form and one has to miss out.

From a Kent point of view, having more of Billings playing for Kent next season wouldn't be a bad thing...
  • Options

Unless , of course, 2 of them are played purely as batters, which is a high possibility.
  • Options
    From BBC Sport:

Some more figures for you, stats fans: in the course of that innings, Stokes' Test batting average has gone from 28 to 34, and Bairstow's from 28 to 33.
  • Options

Unless , of course, 2 of them are played purely as batters, which is a high possibility.
    I wouldn't disagree with that save the fact that there isn't room for them - not when you add the likes of Roy, Morgan, Hales and Root to those three which leaves you with only have four front line bowlers.
  • Options

From a Kent point of view, having more of Billings playing for Kent next season wouldn't be a bad thing...
    From what I hear on the grapevine this season might sadly be Sam's last one at Kent.