Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2016

Comments

• Options
    Never seen Rob key in such good shape
  • Options
    What a thrilling game! Watched the drama on Sky. Amazing bowling from Thomas and especially Griffiths. Both very underrated players.
  • Options

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKP90932

Rabada got 3/13 from 7 overs as SA beat Australia!

Let's hope he keeps that sort of form when he finally makes it over here

He was absolutely brilliant. The ball to bowl Coulter-Nile was sensational.
  • Options
    Video of the wicket here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqUwuueQUEI

Exciting to have that sort of talent coming over to play for us.
  • Options

Well, once again we failed to make it to Canterbury so that's 2 wins in the 2 matches we've missed.

Unfortunately, we now plan to go to Hove on Friday evening and like @northstandsteve , to the match on Sunday too.

But well done our lads again ! Let's keep the wins coming !

Stay away then Fanny!! :wink:
  • Options
    When Cowdrey comes back in for Latham we will have nine home grown players plus Stevens who has been with us so long he's on a benefit!

Hants had two and one of those, McManus, only came in because Carbery is injured.

No journeyman mercenaries in our side. Kent not Charlton I mean of course.
  • Options

Evening all.
    Kent 100-2 off 11.1 v Hampshire in the T20.

Anyone require updates ?

Kent won by 8 runs if anyone is interested.
  • Options
    Great game Great win, nice to see our youngsters doing so well
  • Options
    You can tell football has taken over the summer. Not a single comment about the Kent match against Sussex. Anyway we lost by 4 wickets with 3 balls to spare.

Fanny must be there.
  • Options
    Sorry , guys....mea culpa.

Very hostile bowling by their guys and Chris Jordan on one of his good days meant too few runs scored by our lads.

However, our bowlers were none too rusty and at one point, our optimism started to rise but it wasn't meant to be.

Part of me hopes that Sunday's match is rained off....

...otherwise we plan to be there .

• Sponsored links:

• Options

You can tell football has taken over the summer. Not a single comment about the Kent match against Sussex. Anyway we lost by 4 wickets with 3 balls to spare.

Fanny must be there.

I guess it's the combination of Euros AND the Test match. County cricket is bound to be slightly overshadowed
  • Options

Fanny must be there.

I guess it's the combination of Euros AND the Test match. County cricket is bound to be slightly overshadowed
    Decent crowd there last night though including a handful of Kent supporters, but the home crowd really urged their team to victory during the last few overs. Very loud, and at the end of the day, proud of their team.

• Options
    edited June 2016

Fanny must be there.

Decent crowd there last night though including a handful of Kent supporters, but the home crowd really urged their team to victory during the last few overs. Very loud, and at the end of the day, proud of their team.

I was there cheering Sussex to a rare victory. To be fair, there was not much in it. Bowlers were the stars, especially Mills, Jordan and Coles. The turning point came when Taylor took on the canny Tredwell and won.

As for the excitement, it could have been more exciting if a 1000 beach balls had been flying around.
  • Options
    Rain stops play with Kent 141-3 off 29.1
    Denly 61 n.o.
  • Options
    You can breathe easy, guys.

The Fanackapans have taken a rain check on this one...
  • Options
    We finished 290-3 off of 42

Denny 104no off 102

Billings 106no off 54 !!!
  • Options
    Glamorgan 146-2 off 24
  • Options
    Kent lost again Claydon's figures shocking
  • Options
    Bloody hell, how did we lose that after Billings' knock

Good innings by Colin Ingram though.

Thanks Colin....
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Dont have a lot of tme for Glamorgan - 5 non-British players in their team - reminds me of Northants about 5 years ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This isn't about Kent CCC but about a remarkable performance on Saturday from one of its village sides and in particular one player.

On Saturday Kemsing had a top of the table clash against Meopham in the Kent County Village Division 5. Meopham, having won the toss, elected to bat.

With the score on 24-1 Graeme Wood was brought on to bowl. First ball was a front foot no ball. Second ball a single. From his next 26 balls Graeme finished off the "tail" without conceding a single run to record figures of 4.4-3-2-9.

It is probably well known in Kent Village cricket circles that Graeme could play at a much higher level but I would guess that he is in his mid forties (Seb guested for Kemsing in a friendly last season which is the one and only time I have seen him play) and he enjoys playing for his village with his son.

But it's actually not because of his unplayable bowling that he is feared by the other Village Clubs - he actually only took one more wicket than Saturday's haul in the whole of last season. It's more because of his batting. His lifetime average for Kemsing is 71.34 from 7776 runs from 135 innings including 46 fifties and 24 hundreds. In fact, he is pushing a hundred average in the last four seasons.

For the anoraks here is the scorecard from Saturday:

kemsing.play-cricket.com/website/results/2632936
  • Options
    A village bully then. :neutral:
  • Options
    Had the pleasure of playing against young Seb last Saturday.

He had hurt his back and had already made 75 that morning for his school so I didn't get to see him bat which was a shame!

He did catch my old man though who nicked off, so thank you Seb. :-)
  • Options

Had the pleasure of playing against young Seb last Saturday.

He had hurt his back and had already made 75 that morning for his school so I didn't get to see him bat which was a shame!

He did catch my old man though who nicked off, so thank you Seb. :-)

Yes and thank you A2TR for stopping us from winning with your not out 28. Revenge will be sweet when we meet late in the season!
  • Options
    Steered us home with no dramas ;-)
  • Options
    RLODC action at Canterbury today against Somerset.

Start delayed due to rain.
  • Options
    Oh, and we lost the toss and are batting first.
  • Options
    Inspection at Midday.
  • Options
    just started at 2:30. looks like a 30 over game if the rain holds off
  • Options
    56/1 - 8.4 overs.

Denly Ct Hose b Gregory. 12 (25)

DBD 39* (27)