Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2016

Comments

• Options
    Something of a recovery - 186-5 but somewhat worryingly Rouse has retired hurt (31)

Dickson (66) remains at the crease with Haggett (12)
  • Options
    staging hopefully,a good fight back.
  • Options
    205-6

Dickson out for 75 but the good news is that Rouse is back in
  • Options
    216-7 Haggett out for 24

Rouse 44*
  • Options
    271-8 and 80 behind

Rouse out for a commendable 65

Tredwell 28*
  • Options
    273-9

Coles out for a duck. He really is an "all or nothing" batsman these days.
  • Options
    Is billings away with england
  • Options
    282 all out. 69 behind.
  • Options
    Rouse has certainly shown himself to be a more than capable deputy to Sam Billings so far.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

He's not in the one day squad but is in the T20 squad but as that isn't 'til the 5th July not sure if he's there for this series too.

On the other hand there might be an agreement for Kent to spare Billings the four day stuff whilst he has England commitments coming up. As Len says Rouse has done more than could have been expected of him.

Talking about keepers I see that 17 year old Ollie Robinson (formerly of Sidcup but now a Bexley player loaned to Beckenham - too long to explain!) has taken five catches and a stumping today for the 2nds against Somerset with one of his victims being one M E Trescothick. Edit - another, as has been pointed out to me, was Chris Rogers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Glamorgan 99-2 and a lead of 168. One each to Claydon and Coles.

Match delayed by rain so that's that. Unless we can fashion a defeat from the jaws of a draw that is!
  • Options

He's not in the one day squad but is in the T20 squad but as that isn't 'til the 5th July not sure if he's there for this series too.

On the other hand there might be an agreement for Kent to spare Billings the four day stuff whilst he has England commitments coming up. As Len says Rouse has done more than could have been expected of him.

Talking about keepers I see that 17 year old Ollie Robinson (formerly of Sidcup but now a Bexley player loaned to Beckenham - too long to explain!) has taken five catches and a stumping today for the 2nds against Somerset with one of his victims being one M E Trescothick. Edit - another, as has been pointed out to me, was Chris Rogers.
    It must have been good to play against the likes of Trescothick and Rogers, not people you expect to see in the 2nds?

Incidentally, Rouse has a broken finger, though he did continue his innings after going off
    Former Sussex 'keeper Callum Jackson, who has kept wicket several times for our 2nd XI in 2016, is deputising today in place of Adam Rouse.
  • Options
    Oh dear.

Another loss for the Fanackapans tonight , I'm afraid.

A decent score for the lads on another T20 night but chasing 211 after the masterclass by a certain Mr McCullum was too much.

Add to that, a first ball duck for Latham , no DBD or the seemingly inspirational Coles and it was always going to be an uphill task.

Bright spots were a good knock from FAB and 4 wickets for the dependable Stevo .

Big question is do we go to the match next Thursday evening v Sussex or watch via Sky at home ?

No brainer, I guess....
  • Options

Oh dear.

Another loss for the Fanackapans tonight , I'm afraid.

A decent score for the lads on another T20 night but chasing 211 after the masterclass by a certain Mr McCullum was too much.

Add to that, a first ball duck for Latham , no DBD or the seemingly inspirational Coles and it was always going to be an uphill task.

Bright spots were a good knock from FAB and 4 wickets for the dependable Stevo .

Big question is do we go to the match next Thursday evening v Sussex or watch via Sky at home ?

No brainer, I guess....

Humph, do we need to send the SAS in to keep you away next Thursday :smile:

Good knock by Cowdrey
  • Options
    Kent finish 354-7 at stumps on day 1 of CC match against Derbyshire, having been 166-6, thanks to 150 6th wicket stand between Northeast (173*) and Ball (66).
  • Options
    Kent 379 all out. Northeast 191.

Derby 54-0
  • Options
    Congratulations to Kent's Tammy Beaumont for her back to back hundreds for England against Pakistan, the second of which was her 168* today.
  • Options
    168-2

One each for Claydon and Tredwell
  • Options
    291-3 stumps day 2. A second to Tredwell.

Going to be a long day tomorrow me thinks.
  • Options
    Derby 429-5 and they lead by 50

Claydon 27-4-103-2
    Stevens 22-5-61-0
    Tredwell 35-4-106-3
    Ball 10-1-34-0
    Hunn 14-2-68-0
    Denly 10-0-45-0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttt, please tell me they are brining back the toss next season?
  • Options
    511-6 and a lead of 132
  • Options
    574-9 declared for a lead of 195
  • Options
    32-0 at close so 163 behind

Will need to bat most of tomorrow to avoid defeat
  • Options

32-0 at close so 163 behind

Will need to bat most of tomorrow to avoid defeat

Forecast says quite a bit of rain tomorrow.....

• Options
    134-1 at lunch so still 61 behind. If we bat for another three hours we should be safe.

Dickson 22
    Latham 69*
    Denly 39*
  • Options
    156-2 - behind by 39

Latham out for 74
    Denly 46*
    Northeast 9*
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    224-2 and now in front by 29

Denly 61*
    Northeast 60* off just 52 balls
  • Options
    I'm amazed they've got so much play today considering the amount of rain in London
  • Options
    238-3 at tea and leading by 43

Denly out for 64
    Northeast 70*
    Blake 1*

Next hour will decide our fate