Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2016

Comments

• Options
    Rabada is in the squad for tomorrow's live game on Sky against Sussex which is pretty damn exciting imho!
  • Options
    Match delayed by rain........and now abandoned as a draw.
  • Options
    Looking forward to watching Radaba.
  • Options
    I did wonder why Matt Coles had been replaced by Adam Ball for the latest CC match but thought it was down to injury/being rested. Unfortunately it was for neither.

From The Times:

Seam bowler Matt Coles will miss Kent’s NatWest T20 Blast against Sussex Sharks at Canterbury tonight as an investigation continues into an alleged drink-related incident.

The 26-year-old was made unavailable for selection by the club management for their T20 match against Middlesex last week and their home county championship draw against Derbyshire this week after reports of unprofessional behaviour, believed to relate to alcohol during Kent’s matches against Glamorgan in Cardiff from June 17-23.

The club confirmed earlier in the week that Coles had been made “unavailable for selection due to an on-going employer/employee matter” but would not make any further statement on the matter. In naming their 15-man squad, Kent stated that Coles “remains unavailable”.

Kent’s trip to Cardiff contained a T20 match on June 17 and a championship match that started on the following Sunday, but on the Saturday the players trained for a few hours before being given the rest of the day and evening off during which Coles had, allegedly, over-consumed alcohol throughout the evening and into the small hours of Sunday morning. Kent decided to bowl first at the uncontested toss but Coles, their regular opening bowler who has taken 22 championship wickets this season, delivered three overs, in which he took the wicket of Mark Wallace, before being removed from the attack.

In 2013, Coles was sent home from a winter Lions tour — along with Ben Stokes — for what the management termed “unprofessional conduct”.

Coles has already been suspended once this season although he was strongly defended by Kent. He was banned for two championship games by the ECB for “throwing the ball at or near a player, umpire or official in an inappropriate and dangerous manner” — a Level Two breach of the ECB’s disciplinary code — which triggered an automatic suspension because he had accumulated 12 penalty points within a two year period.

Coles clearly has a problem. In addition to the England Lions' incident, it was rumoured that he left us under a similar cloud re drinking issues when he joined Hants. He is 26 now and allegedly a professional sportsman. It's about time he grew up and realised that. Or he sought help. Because he is too big a talent to waste it. Though he's probably used to being "wasted".
  • Options
    Bugger

The guy's got masses of talent, but could easily step up to another level. Visibly, he doesn't look like an ambitious 26 year old pace bowler should do, but rather a 34 year old country trundler
  • Options
    Oh dear. Decision time for Colesy IMHO....

Take the pledge & commit 100% to his career with KCCC or face the sack....

Anyone going tonight ?

:smile:
  • Options
    I'm going Jean.
  • Options
    If you are going too then I may not bother as we'll lose...

:-)
  • Options
    Let's hope Coles is okay, seems strange to keep pressing the self destruct button, somebody needs to talk him through this, he is a hell of a talent and will be a big waste if he spirals out of control....
  • Options

Will look out for you...

Any Roland Out banners for the Sky cameras?

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Will look out for you...

Unfortunately not.

Going on a hospitality/VIP jobbie - don't think it would go down too well :-)
  • Options

Will look out for you...

Unfortunately not.

Going on a hospitality/VIP jobbie - don't think it would go down too well :-)
    Alright for some......

:wink:

• Options
    Indeed.

The helicopter picks me up at 3...

• Options
    Guys,

We have 4 spare tickets for the hospitality today with meal/wine/guest speaker etc.

I know it's late notice, but the meal is at 5:30. If you just want to join for a beer while the game is on you can do that to.

No charge of course, so free entry if anyone fancies.

Cheers.

Joe.
  • Options

Guys,

We have 4 spare tickets for the hospitality today with meal/wine/guest speaker etc.

I know it's late notice, but the meal is at 5:30. If you just want to join for a beer while the game is on you can do that to.

No charge of course, so free entry if anyone fancies.

Cheers.

Joe.

NOW you tell me !

Well, would love to have taken up your offer but logged off here around 3pm & left 45 mins later for the apprx 75-80 minute journey.

Then the KCCC curse struck us yet again !

Doing well when we came to a standstill in a village somewhere around Chilham.

So, sat there.....

And sat there.....

....until we heard on Radio Kent there was a serious accident ahead of us , so reluctantly, at 5.30, decided to turn around & make for home ( in bloody Sussex!)

Watching now on Sky with a black cloud hovering over my head. Grrrrrrrr.

Can the lads win it without us ?

• Options
    We did it !

All that faffing about by the Sussex batsmen to no avail.

We done, Kent!

And well done the Fanackapans ! ( for failing to get to the match )
  • Options
    Once again the ECB are attacking us, doing their best to make us fail in our bid for promotion to Div 1

By releasing Alastair Cook to play for Essex against Kent on Sunday!
  • Options

Once again the ECB are attacking us, doing their best to make us fail in our bid for promotion to Div 1

Rabada will sort him!
  • Options
    Not many teams are going to be able to cope with Rabada.

Serious, serious talent.
  • Options
    My one and only Kent game for the year, front row opposite the pavillion, with the Norfolk crew.

Come on the Spitfires!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

My one and only Kent game for the year, front row opposite the pavillion, with the Norfolk crew.

Come on the Spitfires!

Good luck, Briston Addick !

Get ready to catch a few 6's from our lads !

• Options
    Not looking good at the moment, 78-4 off 9.3 :-(
  • Options
    Wonder why Stevens didn't bowl ...
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    69 off 3.

Good game to win ...
  • Options

Rabada will sort him!
    Told yer.......albeit 49 runs late.
  • Options
    Keeper Callum Jackson also made his debut for Kent, no catches yet though!
  • Options
    Not looking good for us. Essex 231-2 at lunch and already in front by 24.
  • Options
    I fear Only the weather can save us
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

I fear Only the weather can save us

Essex have struggled to get a result in games this year they have dominated either due to the weather or poor second innings bowling (too many draws).

• Options
    340-4 at tea and 133 ahead.