Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2016

Comments

• Options
    looking forward to this. Not expecting to win though if Yorks play all their test players as well. Our batsman on good form though so should make for an interesting game
  • Options
    Root and Bairstow out. 140-3 with 22 overs left.
  • Options
    175-4 from 35 overs.
  • Options
    6 down! 192-6. Not sure Willey hit that but who cares.
  • Options
    It's times like this that I forget what a great batsman Ballance is. His wonderful array of shots round the park, his timing, fantastic use of the crease and intelligent finding of the gaps are an example to all young Snails.

Yorkshire 256-9 innings complete.

Slow track but we've got to fancy our chances.
  • Options
    Today's Umpires, Neil Mallender and Alex Wharf both born in..............Yorkshire.

Not saying that they will be bias but, on the basis that we have independent umpires for International cricket, why do we have two standing officials from one of the participating counties? Surely there are enough to go around.
  • Options
    55-3
  • Options
    99-4
  • Options
    180-5
  • Options
    77 from 81 needed.

Stevens 54 (72)
    Gidman 12 (20)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Knew I shouldn't have updated.

Stevens gone for 54.

180-6
  • Options
    191-7
  • Options
    Coles unlucky there
  • Options
    31 from 6 with 2 wickets left

Can't see it with 9&10 at crease.
  • Options
    Bookies have Kent favourites
  • Options
    Squeaky bum time.
  • Options
    Damn
  • Options

Today's Umpires, Neil Mallender and Alex Wharf both born in..............Yorkshire.

Not saying that they will be bias but, on the basis that we have independent umpires for International cricket, why do we have two standing officials from one of the participating counties? Surely there are enough to go around.

Kent - no LBWs
    Yorkshire - 4 LBWs
  • Options
    Kin hell, that looked like it was sliding down leg, chin up.
  • Options
    Some dodgy decisions there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Some dodgy decisions there.

Very. Sky still not conclusive on the LBW for Tredwell and pretty sure that four given earlier was a six. Kent ran them very close and looked like they might sneak it at one point.
  • Options
    Robbed, in my view.
    Meanwhile, Surrey crumble and get over the line thanks to their celebrity batsman.
  • Options
    Oh well, at least Surrey made it to the semis.
  • Options

Oh well, at least Surrey made it to the semis.

Fuck off Stu.

:-)
  • Options
    Yorkshire get the decisions because they are the biggest county team who provide England with lots of players....it's called the fergie effect.

If lyth played for Kent and northeast Yorkshire, who would have been capped by England
  • Options
    Disappointing end to the match after a spirited attempt to sneak a victory.

Pity Stevo couldn't finish on the winning side on his 500th appearance for Kent.

Totally agree re the lbw decisions even though didn't realise both Umpires came from Ilkley Moor territory.

Only consolation, we collected 13 cups @£1 each which paid for my 2 wines !
  • Options
    Frustrating finish, some very tight decisions going against us, especially as Yorkshire's total was definitely lower than they would have wanted

Root was very busy signing autographs, which was nice to see
  • Options
    Root was class was getting plenty of abuse but signed everything kids put in front of him, what a touch the Sainsbury's local is, no need to buy beers in ground, stewards quite happy for you to walk in there buy your beers and walk back in.Umpires were feckin useless good day though.
  • Options
    Great game; considering the make up of their side we did well to get so close. Particularly when our key batsman misfired. Umpires certainly not consistent with wides, balls above head high. I always thought it was a 6 when it hits the boundary rope. Not for Coles when there is a Yorkshire umpire. Really couldn't tell about the lbw's or whether Coles foot had moved off the ground.
    Anyway great day out. Over 7 hours entertainment drinking beer in the sun and watching cricket. All for £15 entrance fee. What is not to like!
  • Options
    I always enjoy my visits there, but it has to be said, that the Spitfire ground is a bit of a dump!

It's not particularly picturesque (especially without "the tree") and will be less so with the retirement flats going up, the stands as such are mainly geriatric and (as a guess) many have a restricted view, while the open seating is ancient as well. Not enough bogs either