Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2016

Comments

• Surrey' game today was a no result. This means if Kent tomorrow then guaranteed top 4 finish in the group. I presume this means we qualify. Weather forecast does improve tomorrow afternoon.
  • redman said:

Surrey' game today was a no result. This means if Kent tomorrow then guaranteed top 4 finish in the group. I presume this means we qualify. Weather forecast does improve tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks for that, redman.

Probably just as well we won't make it to Hove after all.
  • redman said:

Surrey' game today was a no result. This means if Kent tomorrow then guaranteed top 4 finish in the group. I presume this means we qualify. Weather forecast does improve tomorrow afternoon.

If Kent what????
    Win, draw, no result ????

Tell me man, tell me
  • sorry win guarantees it. A "no result" would still be Ok if the Middlesex v Surrey game is also a "no result".
  • Could be the 50 over match on Sky tomorrow ?
  • I think Middlesex v Surrey was scheduled. However this match doesn't matter if Kent, Essex and Hampshire all win!
  • Great start - Coles gets Luke Wright caught behind for a duck.

3/1 (2 overs)
  • edited August 2016
    Also, no Ross Taylor for Sussex which is a big plus after what he did against us in the CC.
  • 4/2

Coles gets Luke Wells caught behind.

Wells doesn't like the decision.
  • 4/2 from 4 overs.

It's a 43 overs a side game.

Coles 2-1-1-2.
  • Sponsored links:

• Claydon gets Davis for a duck.

Ridiculous catch from Blakey apparently. It looked to be looping over his head but he leaps in the air and snatches it 1 handed.

5/3 (5 overs)
  • Wicket.

Stevens bowls Cachopa.

73/4 (20.1 overs)

One that keeps low and jags back. Unlucky for Cachopa, nothing he could do really.

Exactly how I got out at the weekend btw (not bitter).
  • Another for Coles.

Finch caught behind by Billings for 54.

135/5 (34 overs)
  • Hudson-Prentice out for 48.

b Gidman c Hartley

156/6. (38 overs)

5 overs left...

• Wicket.

Shazhad gone for a duck after a direct hit from Gidman.

156/7 (38.3 overs)
  • 182-8 43 overs
  • Watching Celebrity Pointless, while following Kent on Cricinfo.

Is there a thicker sportsman than Ravi Bopara?
  • Peter_G said:

Watching Celebrity Pointless, while following Kent on Cricinfo.

Is there a thicker sportsman than Ravi Bopara?

I said that too, Peter !

He even LOOKS simple !

• Great stuff, lads !!!

Well done especially to the Sams.

Is it definitely Yorkshire at Canterbury on the 17th/18th ?
  • edited August 2016

Great stuff, lads !!!

Well done especially to the Sams.

Is it definitely Yorkshire at Canterbury on the 17th/18th ?

Agreed with regard to the Sams. The bowlers did well too. Think we need to keep an eye on Zummerzet v Pants. Zum look like they'll win, but if Pants can pull it out of the fire ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Comfortable win for Kent. I can't really understand why Sussex fielded over half of their second eleven even though they were out of the running. I expect some other counties are a bit peed off although, to be honest, I expect Kent would have won anyway.
  • Great win to get second in the table with Essex a no result. However blessing in disguise because if this means Yorkshire it is likely to include Root, Bairstow, Balance, Rashid, etc.
    Fierce bowling by Coles, great economy by Claydon and good innings for the Sams in difficult conditions. How can it be so cold in August? Very wet and damp all day.
  • redman said:

Great win to get second in the table with Essex a no result. However blessing in disguise because if this means Yorkshire it is likely to include Root, Bairstow, Balance, Rashid, etc.
    Fierce bowling by Coles, great economy by Claydon and good innings for the Sams in difficult conditions. How can it be so cold in August? Very wet and damp all day.

Brownie points for sitting through it, redman.

• Worcestershire 131-6

2 for Coles
    4 for Claydon

was 12:00 the scheduled start time or was there a delay ?
  • 149-7

Gidman gets his first.
  • Claydon got his 4 wickets in the space of 20 balls.

6 catches for Billings.
  • One hell of an innings from Worcs opener George Rhodes, son of (current Worcs coach and former England keeper) Steve. Just 16 runs in 160 minutes and off 105 balls - the equivalent of facing 17.3 overs and not managing to average a run an over.

Whoever would have said that Messrs Coles, Claydon, Stevens and Gidman were so unplayable?
  • Wicket for Tredders.

198/8
  • 205-9

Well done Mitch Claydon 16-5-37-5