Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2016

Comments

• 3 down.

Finch gone
  • Missed stumping from Jackson - could have got Taylor out.

Should have put Seb in.
  • Taylor gone

c Denly b Tredwell 68

214/4

new ball in 4.5 overs
  • edited July 2016
    we lead by 28 runs
  • They've taken the new ball.

Last roll of the dice.
  • Tredwell gets Wright.
  • Sussex now have a lead.

Looks like a draw now for sure.
  • Match drawn
  • Nice try. lads.
  • Sponsored links:

Ex Sussex player helping out his former teammates :smiley:
  • edited July 2016
    Kent ought to be kicking themselves for producing a pudding of a wicket for a game they might have won. I feel little sympathy when the wicket produces dull cricket and the outfield is slow.

As a Sussex supporter, I might upset Kent supporters who feel they deserved to win. But, there were no stoppages and Kent failed to take 20 wickets. For what it's worth, I was equally critical of a slightly better pitch at Hove recently where many Sussex fans felt Sussex deserved to win a similar game.

I don't know if Kent felt they needed to negate two good county bowlers in Magoffin and Jordan but that negated Rabada as well who looked like someone I could still bat against (I exaggerate).

Cricket on pitches where everyone gets something to go for always produce the best matches. How much better would it have been if man of the moment, Rabada, had taken 4 or 5 wickets but gone for a few fours?

Kent's best chance to win was to declare 100 runs earlier, bat a second time, declare and set a tough but possible target. Sussex's appallingly long tail may well have offered Kent a win.

I'm not picking on Kent, Sussex and most of the other counties do it too - this make sure you don't lose policy coupled with boring wickets is bad for county cricket regretfully. A decent wicket would have entertained the spectators and may well have seen Kent score 400, Sussex 275 and produce a Kent win. Instead, it's a handful of points each.

Sent from my iPhone
  • There is little doubt that the best matches include a fair contest of bat v ball. This was not one of those. Shame because the crowds for a county game were very good
  • Kent ought to be kicking themselves for producing a pudding of a wicket for a game they might have won. I feel little sympathy when the wicket produces dull cricket and the outfield is slow.

As a Sussex supporter, I might upset Kent supporters who feel they deserved to win. But, there were no stoppages and Kent failed to take 20 wickets. For what it's worth, I was equally critical of a slightly better pitch at Hove recently where many Sussex fans felt Sussex deserved to win a similar game.

I don't know if Kent felt they needed to negate two good county bowlers in Magoffin and Jordan but that negated Rabada as well who looked like someone I could still bat against (I exaggerate).

Cricket on pitches where everyone gets something to go for always produce the best matches. How much better would it have been if man of the moment, Rabada, had taken 4 or 5 wickets but gone for a few fours?

Kent's best chance to win was to declare 100 runs earlier, bat a second time, declare and set a tough but possible target. Sussex's appallingly long tail may well have offered Kent a win.

I'm not picking on Kent, Sussex and most of the other counties do it too - this make sure you don't lose policy coupled with boring wickets is bad for county cricket regretfully. A decent wicket would have entertained the spectators and may well have seen Kent score 400, Sussex 275 and produce a Kent win. Instead, it's a handful of points each.

Sent from my iPhone

I don't know how much control Kent had over the Tunbridge Wells Pitch, but yes I generally agree. Dull, slow flat pitches do cricket no favours with the public
  • 50 for Daniel Bell-Drummond for the England Lions.

And out - sorry.

And out - sorry.
    Fannyitis.

• Bloody Essex.
    (Northern gits.......)
  • After turning our jinx on its head for the last 3 attended T20's we brought the 2 eldest grandkids to this one......

However, they turned a very poor showing from our lads into something of a success by collecting up the £1 deposit glasses and making £29 !
  • After turning our jinx on its head for the last 3 attended T20's we brought the 2 eldest grandkids to this one......

However, they turned a very poor showing from our lads into something of a success by collecting up the £1 deposit glasses and making £29 !

Roland would be impressed
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2016

After turning our jinx on its head for the last 3 attended T20's we brought the 2 eldest grandkids to this one......

Roland would be impressed
    I think beers in the ground will cost you £3 more per pint if you have a match ticket purchased after 1pm
  • Kent have signed Will Gidman on a months loan from Notts. Joined Notts from Gloucs last year but has been in the Notts 2nd X1 all this season.
  • Wasn't he tipped as the next Ian botham as a youngster?
  • Billings 175 for England Lions today
  • DBD 171 today, Lions piled on a massive 425-1 against Sri Lanka A, DBD 171 from 139 balls, Duckett 220 from 131!
  • Let's hope Billings and D B-D do a bit of that for Kent during the rest of the season!

Well done and great stuff anyway from both.
  • Hampshire 145-5 off 31 overs
  • Stevens 10-0-29-1
  • Good performance with the ball so far.
  • 176-6 off 38.0