Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2016

Comments

• Tredwell 10-0-51-0
  • Coles 10-0-56-6
  • 229 All out

we have to got to fancy this, surely....
  • Kent 81-0 off 14.3

Don't jinx it!!
  • 203-1, cue batting collapse.
  • 203-1, cue batting collapse.

You called it!!!!! 204-3.
  • great win; even if a little panic near the end.
  • Only just caught up with this but have to say well done the lads, especially our openers and a rejuvenated Colesy.

Hoping to get to Hove next Tuesday as this will probably be our last match this season.
  • Hearing not all well in the Kent camp. Few players pi$$ed off Coles came straight back in the team after rehab.
  • iamdan said:

Hearing not all well in the Kent camp. Few players pi$$ed off Coles came straight back in the team after rehab.

Not much else they could do is there, considering Kent's thin bowling options. Coles does need to sort his shit out though or he is going to waste his career.
  • Sponsored links:

• Missed It said:

iamdan said:

Hearing not all well in the Kent camp. Few players pi$$ed off Coles came straight back in the team after rehab.

Not much else they could do is there, considering Kent's thin bowling options. Coles does need to sort his shit out though or he is going to waste his career.
    Agree with this.

But taking 6 wickets in the last match was probably the difference between winning & losing it.

• If he is being paid and is good enough he should be played.

Whilst on one level I can understand the feelings of the disgruntled players, the thought occurs that if any are bowlers and had actually performed themselves in Coles' absence then he wouldn't have been able to walk straight back in!
  • LenGlover said:

If he is being paid and is good enough he should be played.

Whilst on one level I can understand the feelings of the disgruntled players, the thought occurs that if any are bowlers and had actually performed themselves in Coles' absence then he wouldn't have been able to walk straight back in!

Have to agree, you bring him in and he fails then it's a bad decision, bring him in and he takes 6 wickets and helps win the game, then it has to be the right decision. It's a competitive sport, the aim is to win, not to have a happy losing ship.
  • Missed It said:

iamdan said:

didn't know he was in rehab, what for, alcohol?
  • Not wanting to act big, I'm in the cricket circle myself and pal is in the Kent 1/2s fringe.
    Few are 'wanting out of contract.'
    Get the point though, 6 wickets on return is decent effort!
  • iamdan said:

Not wanting to act big, I'm in the cricket circle myself and pal is in the Kent 1/2s fringe.
    Few are 'wanting out of contract.'
    Get the point though, 6 wickets on return is decent effort!

That's worrying to hear, iamdan.

• So who is coming tomorrow then?
  • we'll be there
  • Baby sitting, I'm afraid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes. Bringing my Yorkshire supporting mate along to support Kent too. Bought a couple of the last remaining tickets tonight.
  • Gonna be a goodun. If Essex lose either of us could still qualify on net run rate. You guys are a hit behind us. So a close game even if Essex lose will mean that Essex go through and neither of us.
  • Think our run rate is so bad it will be almost impossible to overhaul Essex's. It's -.548 compared to Essex .174. Surrey's is .025. I am not quite sure exactly how this works but sounds a lot to catch up in one game.

Just hoping the Surrey crowd want to watch the game this year rather spending most of the time throwing beer around. Most of them missed Stevens glorious innings!
  • Think this match deserves it's own thread.
    redman said:

Think our run rate is so bad it will be almost impossible to overhaul Essex's. It's -.548 compared to Essex .174. Surrey's is .025. I am not quite sure exactly how this works but sounds a lot to catch up in one game.

Just hoping the Surrey crowd want to watch the game this year rather spending most of the time throwing beer around. Most of them missed Stevens glorious innings!

That's why I don't bother with T20 at the Oval, even when I can get free tickets. Its an absolute beer swilling moron convention!
  • Missed It said:

redman said:

Think our run rate is so bad it will be almost impossible to overhaul Essex's. It's -.548 compared to Essex .174. Surrey's is .025. I am not quite sure exactly how this works but sounds a lot to catch up in one game.

That's why I don't bother with T20 at the Oval, even when I can get free tickets. Its an absolute beer swilling moron convention!
    Conversely I love the atmosphere and love the cricket!!!
  • T20 at the Oval is fantastic. Obviously not one for the purists with the drunken atmosphere, but I love it. Shame I can't be there tonight to support the Kent lads.
  • In the Market Porter for a few prematch pints before heading to the Oval for some 'during the match' pints. Not sure we have much of a chance of the qfs, as Essex will not do us any favours, but it's always good to beat Surrey. I really enjoyed the win at Tun Wells, so looking forward to a repeat tonight. COYS.
  • Easy win today.
  • Yes going to be very tight as to who qualifies now.
    Might well take a trip to hove on Tuesday for final game. If Kent win (against bottom of table Sussex) they will go through unless:
    Surrey win both their last 2 games (one of which is against Middlesex who could still qualify,
    Essex win their last game, and
    Hampshire win their last game (which is against league leaders Somerset)
    Even then Kent could still qualify as run rate between Kent and Hampshire is slim!

Come on Kent!