Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2016

Comments

• Options
    533-6 declared

Gloucs 6-1 and 306 behind

Stevens with a C & B
  • Options
    Glos 6-1 Stevens
  • Options
    This is typical. Essex from collapse to near certain victory. We are gonna finish 2nd just because it is no longer promotion place
  • Options
    I think this may well be the year Essex finally get promotion. I think in every game bar one this year someone has stepped be it with bat or ball.
  • Options
    13-3

Stevens with another and one to Viljoen
  • Options
    It would be absolutely typical for Kent to come second during the one season that only the 1st place team gets promoted!
  • Options
    Can you believe "Katrien" Clifford has yet to offer Stevens a new contract?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

This is typical. Essex from collapse to near certain victory. We are gonna finish 2nd just because it is no longer promotion place

Someone doesn't want his nephew in Div 1 vying for an England Lions spot? :P
  • Options
    i would imagine they would strengthen both bowling and batting f they went up. Might have more opportunities if they stay down.
  • Options
    34-4 Stevens with 3 so far. He's having a pretty good match so far.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They're off for bad light.

34-4 is probably going to be the score at the formal close.
  • Options
    Essex duly collected their 24 points.
    Poor show from Leics in top of the table clash.
  • Options

34-4 Stevens with 3 so far. He's having a pretty good match so far.

A big century and 3 out of the 4 wickets...

Clearly past it and over the hill
  • Options
    He was saying on the BBC earlier this week looking to hear about a new contract and that the physios reckon two more seasons from him
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

He was saying on the BBC earlier this week looking to hear about a new contract and that the physios reckon two more seasons from him

But then the physios would say that wouldn't they - more work to be had from putting a 40 year old's body back together at the end of a day ;-)
  • Options
    Unfortunately the two seasons were winter and spring.
  • Options
    Glos 74-5

• Options

MrOneLung said:

But then the physios would say that wouldn't they - more work to be had from putting a 40 year old's body back together at the end of a day ;-)
    Well he's played plenty of games this season, and it's not as if we've anyone obviously coming through that he's holding back

• Options

MrOneLung said:

Well he's played plenty of games this season, and it's not as if we've anyone obviously coming through that he's holding back

Not disagreeing at all. But, as you say, with no one obvious coming through with the likes of Ball, Hunn and Haggett all either lacking form or suffering from long term injuries (and I suspect that no new contracts will be offered to any of our current academy scholars) it would make total sense.

As would doing everything we can to keep Gidman as he is eight years younger and could carry on beyond Stevens' ultimate retirement in a couple of years time. It also means that, on occasions, having to go in with two spinners and two front line quickies (say Coles and Viljeon) won't weaken our attack or batting line up.
  • Options
    Glos 175-7 137 needed to make Kent bat again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    226-9
  • Options
    How woeful, apart from the soon to be returning to NZ Hamish Marshall, have the Gloucs batsmen been?

In this game Marshall has scored 176 runs. The other 10 have managed just 230 between them!
  • Options
    If we win our last three games we might finish top. Tall order though with two of those games against Essex and an unbeaten Sussex.
  • Options
    Think it will be all over before we play Essex
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Think it will be all over before we play Essex

Typical

Charlton two season running welcome the Championship winners to The Valley for the final game of the season

This season Kent will end up welcoming Div 2 winners Essex to Canterbury for the final game of the season...
  • Options
    If that first game of the season at Worcester had been played it might look a bit different. Not a ball bowled. Even a few batting and bowling points would make it look very different.
    Onto Hove; our players will be feeling very confident. Hopefully Sussex will produce a results pitch.
  • Options
    Just thought i'd let you Kentites know that Surrey beat Yorkshire today to get to the final.
  • Options

It'll be typically Kent if we finish second this season and don't go up.

I said this back in May... :-(
  • Options

Just thought i'd let you Kentites know that Surrey beat Yorkshire today to get to the final.

A below strength Yorkies. No Root. No Wlley. No Plunkett. No Rashid. Not 2 Yorkshire umpires either!