Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2016

Comments

• Options
    DBD furious.

With the shot or the decision the commentators cannot be sure.
  • Options
    Kent ought to wrap this by early on day 3 unless they score 600. Men v boys. Sussex's squad reminds me of Charlton. 7 of the best 11 missing and the replacements are just nowhere near the standard. Kent need Essex to slip up to gain promotion. IMHO, Essex are the only county that stand a chance of surviving next season in Division 1 and they will find it tough.
  • Options
    Denly caught on 48

101/3
  • Options

Kent ought to wrap this by early on day 3 unless they score 600. Men v boys. Sussex's squad reminds me of Charlton. 7 of the best 11 missing and the replacements are just nowhere near the standard. Kent need Essex to slip up to gain promotion. IMHO, Essex are the only county that stand a chance of surviving next season in Division 1 and they will find it tough.

But Essex are losing Napier and Masters next year. They will replace with one player, on a big salary, and hope he doesn't get injured...
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

But Essex are losing Napier and Masters next year. They will replace with one player, on a big salary, and hope he doesn't get injured...
    Fair comment. They will also see less of Cook next season as I understand it due to the proposed schedules for Test and County cricket. He helped to get them off to a good start this season and potentially could help them seal promotion. Division 1 is becoming significantly stronger than Division 2 over the last couple of years.
  • Options

Pedro45 said:

Fair comment. They will also see less of Cook next season as I understand it due to the proposed schedules for Test and County cricket. He helped to get them off to a good start this season and potentially could help them seal promotion. Division 1 is becoming significantly stronger than Division 2 over the last couple of years.
    It's the same number of Test matches next season, though the timing is probably slightly different due to the Champion's trophy
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Pedro45 said:

It's the same number of Test matches next season, though the timing is probably slightly different due to the Champion's trophy
    I understand that (roughly speaking) April will be spent playing 50 over games, May & June will be County Championship games, July & August T20 and September County Championship games. I think this means that the Test players will miss more (or, actually, a higher percentage of) County games (as well as the fact that there are only 14 County Championship games next year.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    We have a batting point to go with our 3 bowling points.

206-4

EDIT 206-5 Billings gone for 64 :-(
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    211-5 at the close.

A lead of 31.

In virtually any other circumstances an excellent day for Kent but, given the promotion situation, the maximum 5 batting points looks a long way off. Even 300 and 3 batting points could be tough.
  • Options
    Sussex to offer Stevo big one day contract next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yeah i forgot to mention that worcs' bowlers have been mostly shit this season and would be eaten alive by cook and westley. essex should reach 500 around close of play tomorrow. toodles!
  • Options
    We have a second batting point.

254-5
  • Options
    254/5. (66 Overs).

Stevens on 42

Gidman motoring along on 8 from 63 balls. :-)
  • Options
    Leuth said:

yeah i forgot to mention that worcs' bowlers have been mostly shit this season and would be eaten alive by cook and westley. essex should reach 500 around close of play tomorrow. toodles!

Cook out for 66. :-)
  • Options
    306-6 Stevens gone for 79
  • Options
    314-6 at lunch
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    353-7

Can we get to 400 and get the 5th and final batting point? 99 overs gone 11 left to do it.

Lead 173 Gidman 51*
  • Options
    CHGCHG
    edited September 2016
    24 point win, if we can win!
  • Options
    400 up we have maximum bonus points!

Now for the win.

402-7 lead 222
  • Options
    401 -7
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    466-8

Coles gone for 70. Lead 286
  • Options
    Essex we're coming for you...
  • Options

Essex we're coming for you...

We're really not... :-)
  • Options
    Think our only hope of overhauling Essex is going to lie in the next round of matches. We play the week before Essex, so possibility one of the games may be weather affected while the other isn't. We win, they only draw as it rains for 3 days, then we beat them at home. Simple!

I'm clutching at straws aren't I?
  • Options
    479-9 Gidman 94* in danger of running out of partners before his ton!

Lead 299
  • Options
    Essex look certain to get maximum points from this game, as do we.

Nothing gained...
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

479-9 Gidman 94* in danger of running out of partners before his ton!

Lead 299

Gidman is rubbish

If I was running Notts I'd let him go at the end of the season
  • Options

Essex look certain to get maximum points from this game, as do we.

Nothing gained...

Some hope of rain at Chelmsford on Saturday, so you never know.

• Options
    All out 496

Gidman stranded on 99*!
  • Options
    Claydon caught at mid-off there, probably in protest at how slowly Gidman was going to his hundred