Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2016

Comments

• Options
    41-4
  • Options
    Wicket!

Nash Run Out for 16 by Dickson.

Suicide run apparently.

41/4.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Worcestershire solid start against Essex as well :)

Why did I have to open my big bloody mouth?
    I always thought you were from Essex or possibly another minor county like Staffordshire for example!
  • Options

However, I predict Kent to win in two and a bit days a day and a half by an innings and get a step nearer the poisoned chalice of almost certain relegation next season.

• Options

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

I always thought you were from Essex or possibly another minor county like Staffordshire for example!
    I'm a saarf lononer who lived in Kent for 23 years. I now find myself living in Cheshire but with the great misfortune of working in Stoke!
  • Options
    56-5
  • Options
    56-5 One to Viljoen
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

I'm a saarf lononer who lived in Kent for 23 years. I now find myself living in Cheshire but with the great misfortune of working in Stoke!
    Kent U13s played Cheshire at the Taunton Festival a few weeks ago. Watching the game and his son opening the bowling for Cheshire was broadcaster Mark Chapman. His son is known as "Chappers" to his team mates. Don't know where they got that from!
  • Options
    70-6
  • Options
    Come on Supa Kent, push those white shoe wearing Essex boys to the end...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Kent U13s played Cheshire at the Taunton Festival a few weeks ago. Watching the game and his son opening the bowling for Cheshire was broadcaster Mark Chapman. His son is known as "Chappers" to his team mates. Don't know where they got that from!
    Yes they live in Cheshire (well Greater Manchester but Hale has always historically been in Cheshire).
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

I didn't want to say anything but.....:-)
  • Options
    105-6 at lunch.

Claydon and Gidman getting some comparative tonk.
  • Options
    105-6 at lunch

Former Kent player and step son of England coach Paul Farbrace, Oliver Robinson (not the current Kent U17 player) has come in and hit 7 fours in 19 balls.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Meanwhile Worcs are 64-5

Another former player, David Masters, like Stevens a war horse who thrives against average batsmen with poor technique in English conditions, has figures of 12-4-21-5
  • Options
    Mitchell, D'Oliveira, Fell and Clarke ought to be anything but average batsmen, but they've all flattered to deceive a bit this season. Anyway, on behalf of Worcestershire CCC, I'd like to apologise for our ineptitude so far, although Cox and Leach have a counterpunching innings in them so this isn't quite over yet
  • Options
    I should exempt Fell from that, actually. Poor lad only got back from cancer treatment a few weeks ago. Anyway, back to your regular Kent schedule...
  • Options
    126-7 Robinson gone
  • Options
    Wicket! 31.4 Overs

135/8

Briggs c Northeast b Coles 8
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    180-9. A 3rd for Viljeon.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    180 all out

2 in 3 balls for Claydon
  • Options

Viljoen took the catch off Claydon
  • Options
    180 all out. A 2nd to Claydon.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Viljoen took the catch off Claydon
    So he did.
  • Options
    Worcester staging a mini fightback also. 137/5
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Mitchell, D'Oliveira, Fell and Clarke ought to be anything but average batsmen, but they've all flattered to deceive a bit this season. Anyway, on behalf of Worcestershire CCC, I'd like to apologise for our ineptitude so far, although Cox and Leach have a counterpunching innings in them so this isn't quite over yet

Don't know about Cox and Leach but Cox (59) and Rhodes (30) are leading the recovery at 133-5.
  • Options
    Well done Kent!!
  • Options
    Billings is in the T20 squad for the Pakistan game 7th September(

Presumably that means he'll miss the Northants game
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    54-2

Dickson out for 8
    DBD out for 20
    both c Brown b Magoffin