Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Exclusive: Karel Fraeye responds to Charlton Athletic recruitment rumours - SLP

Comments

• Options
    I've been under the impression that Karel has wanted this story out for a while now and Rich's exclusive interview was his perfect time to do it.

I had also heard from a very reliable source that he was linked with getting Patrick Bauer to Charlton as well so surprised that he missed that player out of this story.

• Options
    Reasonable interview, but we really need a more Paxman approach.

There is still no clarity on who is doing the recruitment.
  • Options
    He said some words! Beyond parody! String him up!

(He shouldn't be our manager, tbf)
  • Options
    I do feel quite a bit of sympathy for Carol. I just think he'd be happier elsewhere
  • Options
    “We don’t look to sell players. We’re not going to sell players. We are in a big battle. All the quality we have in the team we will keep at Charlton Athletic. That’s for sure.”

Not really matching up with what his boss said is it?
  • Options
    “From the day I left here, which was in May 2014, my job was for the owner, of course. I was responsible for the whole side of the Spanish team - Alcorcon, which is in Madrid.
    “And I did 100 per cent of the recruitments for the Spanish team last year - and also for this season. I worked very closely with the president Enrique Perez. That was my job from when I left here.
    Interesting that he's been doing the recruitment for Alcoron. So who was doing our recruitment then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Superprick. Another liar in that camp. Must be catching.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    But Fraeye says that talk he was the one identifying players for the Addicks is totally wrong.
    He said: “Am I responsible for the conclusions people make?

Is it me or does this say... I suggested that Charlton sign Lepoint / Tucudean / Nego etc. but didn't force the players on to anyone, it was others who decided to actually sign them
  • Options
    Bob Peter did perhaps pick out Vetokele. As Fraeye had also worked with him it would not have been unreasonable to have asked him for an opinion as well would it!
  • Options
    So that poster that got loads of stick for telling people KF had nothing to do with player recruitment at Charlton was right?
  • Options
    Is KM finding players then? based on their favourite type of music.
    I wish someone would stand up and take responsibility.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I know it's not what people want to hear, but it is true that he has no input into our player recruitment previously.
    The suggestion that he was, was only a rumour that became an assumed fact over time.

You seem to be moving up the good ship Charlton ladder Olly.

Do you get much say on player recruitment?

;-)
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Did people really believe the crap that he signed our players .... Come on guys .......

Bunking off again?
  • Options
    Don't forget that we have access to a network of scouts, so just because KF didn't pick these players, it doesn't necessarily mean Chapple did.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

Don't forget that we have access to a network of scouts, so just because KF didn't pick these players, it doesn't necessarily mean Chapple did.

I'm pretty confident he didn't. Hence the reason he effed off as soon as another opportunity came along.
  • Options
    Hold on. Did the club not say when he was appointed that he brought in players under Riga etc etc in a bid to make him more credible? Now it seems he is trying to distance himself from those same players? So, this is what Murray means by communication. More lies. It's also inconceivable that Fraeye spoke to the press without it being approved by the club.
  • Options

Isn't Igor Vetokele one of the ones that we know for sure Bob Peeters picked out? I remember us being told that Peeters had worked with him before and was a big fan and he was the manager's marquee signing. So with that in mind either Karel is lying, or Peeters asked for Vetokele and for some unknowable reason the owners turned to some bloke who wasn't part of the set-up anymore and asked him what he thought of a player he'd worked with 6 years ago, when he was a child. Which is bizarre. It's weird round Charlton.

Probably find he was just asked his opinion on him if he was managed by him before. BP suggested him and KF probably just gave input. KF was part of the scouting network, so opinion probably asked for.

Still don't want this guy anywhere near our club, but I suspect this was what he meant.