Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Exclusive: Karel Fraeye responds to Charlton Athletic recruitment rumours - SLP

Comments

• Options
    mogodon said:

Hold on. Did the club not say when he was appointed that he brought in players under Riga etc etc in a bid to make him more credible?

Nope
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

“Am I responsible for the conclusions people make?"

Lol so he did recommend them but not his fault they signed the dross.

I think that's aimed at fans making the conclusion that he did sign the players.
  • Options

So that poster that got loads of stick for telling people KF had nothing to do with player recruitment at Charlton was right?

Or that poster was told the same story by Karel as is now being told to the SLP.

Not that this regime would ever try to mislead fans, of course.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

The man is on a hiding to nothing, whether he recruited most of our imported failures or not is irrelevant to me. He does not have the experience or wherewithal to be head coach of a Championship club fighting for survival of its status. He has not shown anything with his tactics to convince me otherwise and our results under his tenure endorse this further.

Was he not on record before the emergency loan window closing as saying that he had enough in the squad to get through to January? And now the signings made at the start of this transfer window just show him up for what he is, a struggling yes man out of his depth. I understand all the arguments for constant change being detrimental to the players so as I said a few weeks back as a bare minimum, relieve him of his post put JE in charge and if necessary bring in an old head to hold his hand.

I agree. I don't care if he scouted all our duds or not, he is still failing to get the best out of the players we have. He needs to go asap. Two wins is all he can muster from a squad that he said was perfectly fine.

Resign Karel, Daddy will see you alright in the end.
  • Options
    At least now he has nowhere to hide. But he is not on message, is he. "“We don’t look to sell players. We’re not going to sell players. We are in a big battle. All the quality we have in the team we will keep at Charlton Athletic. That’s for sure.” Presume this means even he cannot get her to reply to emails?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a mess. My conclusions from what I've read and the comments made hear just highlights what a very poor manager he is and his PR leaves a lot to be desired. How on earth can he manage a team in Belgium and find players for Alcorcon.
    Best thing he should do is don't complicate the past and concentrate on the future, as in resign.
  • Options

This bit from the article...

When asked how the targeting of players is done now since Chapple departed, Fraeye said: “At this moment we have a good staff. We have a good network. The board has got a good network. Mark Stow has got a good network. All this together gives us a big number of players for the positions we want.

Not only does it not answer the question it sounds like no one is responsible to anyone and the whole thing is done by a committee that has no members.

Stow is pretty experienced at this level, being Head Scout for the likes of Watford, Cardiff and Blackburn. Indeed his experience is as good as Chapple's really
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

I know it's not what people want to hear, but it is true that he has no input into our player recruitment previously.
    The suggestion that he was, was only a rumour that became an assumed fact over time.

That is interesting as someone told me face to face that he had actually scouted two of the current squad.

That someone was KF
    Bauer and Igor?
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

I know it's not what people want to hear, but it is true that he has no input into our player recruitment previously.
    The suggestion that he was, was only a rumour that became an assumed fact over time.

That is interesting as someone told me face to face that he had actually scouted two of the current squad.

That someone was KF
    Could it be he was referring to Vetokele and Bauer?

• Options
    If Watt plays in the FA cup on Saturday, that will tell you everything about him being sold.
  • Options
    @Ollywozere

Realise you are on a hiding to nothing (and I empathise) but two regular CL'ers (one of them @seth plum ) met Fraeye during games at the Valley during the early Chris Powell period. There was another guy too, less inclined than Fraeye to be friendly (little credit to KF there). Do you know what their role was then?
  • Options

This bit from the article...

When asked how the targeting of players is done now since Chapple departed, Fraeye said: “At this moment we have a good staff. We have a good network. The board has got a good network. Mark Stow has got a good network. All this together gives us a big number of players for the positions we want.

Not only does it not answer the question it sounds like no one is responsible to anyone and the whole thing is done by a committee that has no members.

Stow is pretty experienced at this level, being Head Scout for the likes of Watford, Cardiff and Blackburn. Indeed his experience is as good as Chapple's really
    he has certainly got a decent track record and while I think Chapple's been in the game longer (would have to check) Stow seems a good replacement.

But he was academy scout here which is an equally important job.

So now he is doing both? Not ideal especially coming in a transfer window.
  • Options

If Watt plays in the FA cup on Saturday, that will tell you everything about him being sold.

It's bound to be permanent, Cardiff have loaned out Kenwynne Jones to free up his wages
  • Options
    edited January 2016

On that basis cup tied Harriott should have been playing for Colchester tomorrow :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "We don’t look to sell players. We’re not going to sell players. We are in a big battle. All the quality we have in the team we will keep at Charlton Athletic. That’s for sure.”

Except for our joint leading goalscorer Tony Watt, of course!
  • Options
    So come on, let's just think of the players that came in in the first window. Who made recommendations on what the club needed?

It certainly wasn't Chris Powell, as he stated in the Trust interview. Phil Chapple would already have had a list.

My understanding was that it was Karel Fraeye watching the team until Powell was sacked and he became Riga's assistant. If not him, who else could it possibly have been?
  • Options

It's bound to be permanent, Cardiff have loaned out Kenwynne Jones to free up his wages
    It'll end in tears. Wonder how long before he moves on from there ...
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Why do we have so many people at Charlton with their pants on fire.

Next years kit?
  • Options
    Nug said:

So Phil Chappel picked out Lepoint, Tucadean, Peter Parsley, Nego, Bergditch and all the other Euro superstars and Carol only got us Igor and Patrick...righto!

I think this was more the network of scouts looking at DVD's, i don't think they was a direct recommendation from KF himself.
  • Options
    One member of staff not included at all/enough is a Doctor..
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Because he's told different stories to different people.

There is a lie in there somewhere!
  • Options

But Fraeye says that talk he was the one identifying players for the Addicks is totally wrong.
    He said: “Am I responsible for the conclusions people make?

Is it me or does this say... I suggested that Charlton sign Lepoint / Tucudean / Nego etc. but didn't force the players on to anyone, it was others who decided to actually sign them

Yes, it's you. He's clearly saying, that he didn't recommend these players and can't help it, if supporters decide otherwise.