Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Exclusive: Karel Fraeye responds to Charlton Athletic recruitment rumours - SLP

Comments

• Options
    Missed It said:

"We don’t look to sell players. We’re not going to sell players. We are in a big battle. All the quality we have in the team we will keep at Charlton Athletic. That’s for sure.”

Well that's a relief, Lookman will be staying now.
  • Options

Henry Irving Member
    December 2015
    KF was responsible for the player recruitment

So Mr Hayes you are not infallible after all! :smile:
    Remember I told you the difference between opinion and fact...... maybe you will not be so quick to jump to erroneous conclusions that abound on this forum but please, keep to the other good work you do for Charlton.
    There are enough lies flying around the club at the moment so we must try not to add to them eh?

So there are lies flying around the Club, but because KF has said he wasn't responsible for the player recruitment; this is inconceivably not one? I'm still awaiting that truth to come out..... because this isn't quite it.

• Options

Henry Irving Member
    December 2015

Remember I told you the difference between opinion and fact...... maybe you will not be so quick to jump to erroneous conclusions that abound on this forum but please, keep to the other good work you do for Charlton.
    There are enough lies flying around the club at the moment so we must try not to add to them eh?

you are assuming Carol isn't lying now though. Perhaps you shouldn't jump to such conclusions?
    It's alright Carol told him he wasn't....

Pete could you see if his fingers were crossed behind his back as I've heard it doesn't count as a lie if they are
  • Options

Isn't Igor Vetokele one of the ones that we know for sure Bob Peeters picked out? I remember us being told that Peeters had worked with him before and was a big fan and he was the manager's marquee signing. So with that in mind either Karel is lying, or Peeters asked for Vetokele and for some unknowable reason the owners turned to some bloke who wasn't part of the set-up anymore and asked him what he thought of a player he'd worked with 6 years ago, when he was a child. Which is bizarre. It's weird round Charlton.

I don't see why both Peeters and Fraeye couldn't have had a say on Igor.

Peeters picked him out, but as Fraeye had also worked with him, it's not unreasonable to ask his opinion as well.
    And who asked for the voice of reason?
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Henry Irving Member
    December 2015

I'm not sure why you're jumping in all smug. Fraeye made a statement which may or may not be true. It's also been highlighted that he specifically said from the day he left the club, which means anything during and before is still a possibility.

At this point, we are still none the wiser. From what I can see, it's still your word against Henry's. Nothing has changed.

Not sure why I'm defending Henry...he is big enough to do that himself!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    The problem for me is simply that Fraeye has the job at Charlton not because he is anyway good enough or experienced enough, but because he is a mate of Duchatalet.

He shouldn't be anywhere near a club of our stature.
  • Options

Henry Irving Member
    December 2015

I'm not sure why you're jumping in all smug. Fraeye made a statement which may or may not be true. It's also been highlighted that he specifically said from the day he left the club, which means anything during and before is still a possibility.

At this point, we are still none the wiser. From what I can see, it's still your word against Henry's. Nothing has changed.

Not sure why I'm defending Henry...he is big enough to do that himself!
    Are you calling me fat : - )
  • Options

Henry Irving Member
    December 2015

I did wonder when you would turn up.

Have you read the rest of the comments?

Clearly not.

You are quick to claim a victory and gloat but you're jumped the gun.

Firstly I've never claimed I was infallible.

What we have seen is that KF told you what he told the CAFC press team. That the same person has told the same or a similar tale is not surprising but neither is it confirmation.

But as others have pointed out his statements don't stack up and his role still hasn't been explained.

He has told people that he scouted Bauer but didn't say that in his interview. Which was the "lie"?

So FACT He is telling different stories to different people

So FACT He has admitted he has been scouting for the network. He says only in Spain although he was based in Belgium.

So FACT he hasn't explained what his role in the network was before Powell was sacked when he was often at games. Presumably so he could recommend players for the Spanish club Roland owned ; - )

Sorry to disappoint but thanks for the compliment.

Henry I assure you that you have not disappointed me. Sorry that I 'turned up' as you say. I did not seek a 'victory' or post to gloat. I just posted to state that you were wrong to state opinion as fact, which has led to many others believing this 'fact' when it is not. Simple really but you seem to want to deflect your mistake....
    PS. I admit that perhaps I felt a little smug for showing what a pretentious twat you are at times but many love you so that's okay.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lost the argument so you resort to personal insults.

Thanks, now it's my turn to gloat.

bye, bye I won't be responding any more.
  • Options
    Is KF another one of RD's love children?
  • Options
    mogodon said:

If the team showed as much fight and ability to get under opponents' skins as @Desperate_Pete, @colin1961 and @PL54 then we'd be pushing for promotion ...

Fairly random comment and entirely out of context but I guess you had to post it somewhere and it beats starting a new thread.
  • Options
    also sounds a bit like he's ducking the blame for the mess.. being the architect can be the only way he's in the position he's in now
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Bubble said:

Ok .....

Just so i'm clear ......

In 3 months he's gone from scouting local/national players for a low key Spanish 2nd division team whilst in Belgium in which no money was exchanged, and had no involvement in scouting with a team he was previously assistant manager of involving some significant sums of money .....

Now, he is deemed worthy of and positioned as "Head Coach" of that same team of which he had no scouting responsibilities for, therefore managing a raft of players he didn't scout or have any involvement with, because he was tasked scouting Spanish lower league players.

Right, ok ......

It's confusing Karel, are you a Spanish scouting expert not deemed qualified enough to scout for Charlton? Or are you Charltons 'Head Coach'?

Help me out Richard?

When he joined us after the Brentford debacle, he assured us

“I’ve been following the Championship ever since I went back to Belgium, especially Charlton’s games – I’ve seen them all. So I’ve tried to share my ideas about this season and the problems that we have seen"

Just weird. He is up to his ears in this mess & I have no doubt that he has been heavily involved in an advisory capacity behind the scenes.

http://www.wharf.co.uk/sport/new-charlton-boss-karel-fraeye-10358609
    But he wasn't scouting the games, no not at all, never, just watched for fun
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016

Oakster said:

Bubble said:

Ok .....

Just so i'm clear ......

In 3 months he's gone from scouting local/national players for a low key Spanish 2nd division team whilst in Belgium in which no money was exchanged, and had no involvement in scouting with a team he was previously assistant manager of involving some significant sums of money .....

Now, he is deemed worthy of and positioned as "Head Coach" of that same team of which he had no scouting responsibilities for, therefore managing a raft of players he didn't scout or have any involvement with, because he was tasked scouting Spanish lower league players.

Right, ok ......

It's confusing Karel, are you a Spanish scouting expert not deemed qualified enough to scout for Charlton? Or are you Charltons 'Head Coach'?

Help me out Richard?

When he joined us after the Brentford debacle, he assured us

“I’ve been following the Championship ever since I went back to Belgium, especially Charlton’s games – I’ve seen them all. So I’ve tried to share my ideas about this season and the problems that we have seen"

Just weird. He is up to his ears in this mess & I have no doubt that he has been heavily involved in an advisory capacity behind the scenes.

http://www.wharf.co.uk/sport/new-charlton-boss-karel-fraeye-10358609
    But he wasn't scouting the games, no not at all, never, just watched for fun
    Great, so he's a masochist... that would explain a lot.
  • Options
    Now he is asking for our help:
    Charlton caretaker boss Karel Fraeye has urged fans not to boycott matches as frustration grows among supporters at the Valley.
  • Options
    I genuinely think they think we are stupid.

He has watched all our games since he left in May 2014 - which is no mean feat as only about 3 of them have been televised in that period!!

He has watched ALL our games!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Losing the will to live with all this Faeces - couldn't even be arsed to read pages 2 and 3.

Simply put, lie after lie has come out of the club, from the likes of Meire, Murray and the various flotsam we've had as 'managers' over the last two years.

So even if this *is* true and not just manipulation of the truth, how can we believe anything the club ever say again (with these tools in charge)?

They've built a rod for their collective back, I'm afraid.
  • Options

Henry Irving Member
    December 2015

Clearly not.

Firstly I've never claimed I was infallible. I burn like anyone else.

What we have seen is that KF told you what he told the CAFC press team. That the same person has told the same or a similar tale is not surprising but neither is it confirmation.

But as others have pointed out his statements don't stack up and his role still hasn't been explained.

He has told people that he scouted Bauer but didn't say that in his interview. Which was the "lie"?

So FACT He has admitted he has been scouting for the network. He says only in Spain although he was based in Belgium.

So FACT he hasn't explained what his role in the network was before Powell was sacked when he was often at games. Presumably so he could recommend players for the Spanish club Roland owned ; - )

@Henry Irving that cracked me up :smiley:

Henry Irving Member
    December 2015

Clearly not.

Firstly I've never claimed I was infallible.

Henry I assure you that you have not disappointed me. Sorry that I 'turned up' as you say. I did not seek a 'victory' or post to gloat. I just posted to state that you were wrong to state opinion as fact, which has led to many others believing this 'fact' when it is not. Simple really but you seem to want to deflect your mistake....
    PS. I admit that perhaps I felt a little smug for showing what a pretentious twat you are at times but many love you so that's okay.
    Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear
    PL54 said:

mogodon said:

If the team showed as much fight and ability to get under opponents' skins as @Desperate_Pete, @colin1961 and @PL54 then we'd be pushing for promotion ...

Fairly random comment and entirely out of context but I guess you had to post it somewhere and it beats starting a new thread.
    I also enjoyed this exchange
  • Options
    At this stage I'm hoping that the "network's" recruitment "policy" is nothing more than some sort of ineffectual elaborate cover for Roland's laundering of drug profits from his massive meth empire, if only because that means he'll likely eventually fail the fit and proper person test...

NOTHING MAKES SENSE
  • Options

Lost the argument so you resort to personal insults.

Thanks, now it's my turn to gloat.

bye, bye I won't be responding any more.

I am so pleased!
  • Options
    cabbles said:

IT_Andy said:

What a mess. My conclusions from what I've read and the comments made hear just highlights what a very poor manager he is and his PR leaves a lot to be desired. How on earth can he manage a team in Belgium and find players for Alcorcon.
    Best thing he should do is don't complicate the past and concentrate on the future, as in resign.

The 3 key words. Between 'The Statement' yesterday and this, they really are making a mess of this. And what of our CEO? By my understanding the CEO is the senior most executive that can be held to account for the day to day operations of the club/business. Yet I don't think we've heard anything from her since the fans meeting back in November.

What is she doing, why is she so quiet?
    "I'm fine."
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Roland told SCP to drop Solly and Hamer because he had a RB (Nego) and a goalie (Coco) who were better. Roland doesn't watch football so it wasn't his opinion. Carol just happened to be watching Charlton at the time. Co-incidence? I think not!

This is the fundamental point. the Mad Professor has admitted he has under-estimated the Championship, in yesterdays Q&A. So who advised RD - who has no idea about football - that network players could play in the championship, and the standard is the same as the second level in other European countries? Who watched CP's teams from the network and decided network players were better than the established first teamers at the club when they arrived? Who scouted players who were plainly not good enough for the Championship?

If they had listened to the staff at the club at the time, they wouldn't be in this mess. Someone was influencing RD that he shouldn't listen to CP, Chapple, Dyer & Matthew, but listen to him, and Roly swallowed it.

You've been lead down the Garden Path Roly my son. CP, Chapple, Dyer & Matthew are the professionals. Your Belgian football experts are amateurs. They have been giving you and Pinocchio poor advice and you couldn't recognise the fact.
    One would expect a certain Mr. Murray to be quite knowledgable about the Championship...

Sadly, I suspect everyone in the world could be advising Roland and he would still think he knows best. There's a reason he's chosen someone like Katrien as his assistant, and as you can see by her response to criticism.. she hasn't really had to deal with it before.