Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Exclusive: Karel Fraeye responds to Charlton Athletic recruitment rumours - SLP

Comments

• Options
    If he was at games whilst SCP was here , who spotted him?, and who id'd him?
  • Options
    After he was appointed, didn't Fraeye say something about how well he already knew the players?
  • Options

I did.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I did.
    And how did you know who he was?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

I did.
    And how did you know who he was?
    He told me his name.

So, did you go up to some random bloke and say 'who are you'?!
  • Options
    Not exactly random, we were in the directors lounge after the 0-2 loss to Birmingham City.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Football managers tend to contradict themselves. A mark of a good manager is when their contradictions are few and take a longer time to be exposed as bunkum

Curbishley Gospel - keep your powder dry so you don't create contradictions later on.

Colin Fraeye is a duplicitous no-mark, a snakey operator.

No he isn't definitely lying. Noone knows for sure. But the contradictions are there for all to see and seem to occur on a weekly basis.

What we do know is that he is such a small persona he has to big himself up at every opportunity, taking credit and distancing from any responsibility

Pretty much the opposite of how leaders act.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Not exactly random, we were in the directors lounge after the 0-2 loss to Birmingham City.

Which was 8th Feb, and SCP was sacked after the SHeff U game on 9th March.
  • Options

seth plum said:

Yes.

• Options
    To be honest don't believe anything that comes out of the club since the lies, bullshit and more lies that we have been fed.

Anyway the guy is so far out of his depth it's almost funny well I suppose he is the biggest clown we have had in years (and we have had a few).

• Options
    I have no idea if Carol is lying. Either way, just give him hell tomorrow.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Yes.

Objection your honour.
    Is the President's line of questioning going anywhere?
  • Options
    edited January 2016

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Yes.

Objection your honour.
    Is the President's line of questioning going anywhere?
    Overruled, please continue Mr President :wink: .
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I don't believe Karel is lying. However, I don't think he's telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    This is second hand information but a family friend who was doing some work for the club at the time, told me recently that Fraeye was at the club early after the takeover during that infamous first transfer window, as a club staff member who he was on friendly terms with told my friend when he asked, that he was here assessing the squad for the new owner.

Now obviously my friend may be mistaken as this is something from a couple of years ago but he insists it was Fraeye.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mogodon said:

If the team showed as much fight and ability to get under opponents' skins as @Desperate_Pete, @colin1961 and @PL54 then we'd be pushing for promotion ...

We'd have won the Champions League.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    seth plum said:

I take it Fraeye was there checking up on the Polish dude. He must have been impressed with his five minute appearance.
  • Options
    Shit scout
    Shit manager.

You don't have to be shit at everything to work for Roly....... But it helps!
  • Options

mogodon said:

If the team showed as much fight and ability to get under opponents' skins as @Desperate_Pete, @colin1961 and @PL54 then we'd be pushing for promotion ...

Not the Moaning League?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

mogodon said:

Not the Moaning League?
  • Options
    Oakster said:

I genuinely think they think we are stupid.

He has watched all our games since he left in May 2014 - which is no mean feat as only about 3 of them have been televised in that period!!

He has watched ALL our games!!!!!!!!

He is giving Seb a run for his money then if he has!
  • Options

Henry Irving Member
    December 2015
    KF was responsible for the player recruitment

So Mr Hayes you are not infallible after all! :smile:
    Remember I told you the difference between opinion and fact...... maybe you will not be so quick to jump to erroneous conclusions that abound on this forum but please, keep to the other good work you do for Charlton.
    There are enough lies flying around the club at the moment so we must try not to add to them eh?

I did wonder when you would turn up.

Have you read the rest of the comments?

Clearly not.

You are quick to claim a victory and gloat but you're jumped the gun.

Firstly I've never claimed I was infallible.

What we have seen is that KF told you what he told the CAFC press team. That the same person has told the same or a similar tale is not surprising but neither is it confirmation.

But as others have pointed out his statements don't stack up and his role still hasn't been explained.

He has told people that he scouted Bauer but didn't say that in his interview. Which was the "lie"?

So FACT He is telling different stories to different people

So FACT He has admitted he has been scouting for the network. He says only in Spain although he was based in Belgium.

So FACT he hasn't explained what his role in the network was before Powell was sacked when he was often at games. Presumably so he could recommend players for the Spanish club Roland owned ; - )

Sorry to disappoint but thanks for the compliment.

Henry I assure you that you have not disappointed me. Sorry that I 'turned up' as you say. I did not seek a 'victory' or post to gloat. I just posted to state that you were wrong to state opinion as fact, which has led to many others believing this 'fact' when it is not. Simple really but you seem to want to deflect your mistake....
    PS. I admit that perhaps I felt a little smug for showing what a pretentious twat you are at times but many love you so that's okay.
    Henry is not pretentious

;0)

• Options
    seth plum said:

Can back Seth up on this one.

• Options
    Oakster said:

I have wondered if given RD's obsession with statistics he got Fraeye confused with this guy - there is a certain similarity...

Elton John? Isn't he Watford?
  • Options
    They're all superstars just waiting to settle into English football.