Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Colchester vs Charlton FA cup 3rd Round - Post match views

Comments

• Options
    That's about all I can say!
  • Options

Just listened to that interview, he really does not have a clue.....time to jog on mate YOU are taking us down!!
    Cunt thinks he's Jose Mourinho...

You're not even a quarter of Jose Riga never mind Mourinho!

You are special though!
  • Options
    Sorry but we are dead men walking. We will go down. RD will lose more money. Then we Will go into administration but after that we can start again a la AFC Wimbledon. It will get worse before it gets better but IT WILL GET BETTER ONE DAY WHEN THEY HAVE GONE.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Isn't that her normal demeanor? Wouldn't read too much into it unless she plans to leave him on the hard shoulder of A12
  • Options

I've always considered myself lucky that I didn't go to the Dagenham game in League 1. Everything I read about it from those who were there made me sure that that was the worst performance in this club's history. Now, though, I feel like I was there. However bad we were that day, today was without question worse.

Right from the outset the signs were ominous. Johnson and Sarr never had the Colchester front two under control, which is quite something given that they were Marvin Sordell, formerly of this parish, and Chris Porter, who is essentially a Simon Makienok tribute act. It was difficult to pinpoint any actual howlers from either Johnson or Sarr, but that makes it even worse that they were constantly being beaten and having to chase back, as it shows that neither of them has an intelligent footballing brain. It didn't take long for George Moncur, Colchester's one decent player, to find space in the box to fire past the blameless Pope. And it was Sarr who was in the wrong position when he tried to intercept a pass in midfield, letting in Sordell to slide it under Pope to make it 2-0.

At right back Charles-Cook struggled, and without wishing to be overly cruel on a youngster I cannot see any future for him at this level. It should be said in mitigation that he was not helped by having Manuel from Fawlty Towers playing in front of him; Ceballos produced a display of such ineptitude, misplacing even the simplest passes, that he became a contender for the crown of Most Incompetent Person To Come From Barcelona. Unsurprisingly, he didn't emerge for the second half.

Cousins going off injured didn't help matters, but our lack of presence in midfield was staggering. Poyet must have thought that his days of playing in teams as bad as this were over when he left SE7 in 2014, but boy was he wrong. Not that he should get off scot free, as he did nothing to be proud of either. Colchester were consistently first to the ball, stronger in the tackle and more intelligent with their use of it. This is a side which had lost 8 of its last 9 games outrunning, outbattling and outthinking us. Congratulations Karel.

Up front we were as toothless as always. One cross-shot rebounded off the foot of the post in the first half, and keeper and defender conspired to block consecutive efforts from inside the box in the second, but a team playing against a defence as leaky as Colchester's really should have created much more. Makienok won almost nothing in the air again, Moussa was ineffective and Reza's sole positive contribution was to head in our consolation, fine header though it was. Special mention should go to Vaz Te for the most half-arsed display imaginable from a substitute. Imagine letting Watt go for him...

We ended the game being captained by Morgan Fox. Even allowing for the players missing today, it is telling that a player as average and inexperienced as him should be skipper of this club. There was no leadership whatsoever on the field, and nor do we ever get any from Fraeye. That we even scored today was an absolute travesty of justice, as surprising as seeing Sarr play two sublime crossfield balls in succession (believe me, he did). 2-1 does not reflect how comfortable Colchester were.

I commented after the Burnley game that defeats in the North West like that were a longstanding part of our history. Exiting the FA Cup at the first opportunity is equally traditional, even when we have had a good team. What happened today, however, belongs in a whole different category of awfulness, for which three people are responsible. If Karel Fraeye, Katrien Meire and Roland Duchatelet do not leave this club soon, we can expect more days like this.

We have two fights on our hands. The one on the pitch will almost certainly end in relegation. The one off it is the one we need to win.

The only upside of today is that the Dagenham match you refer to was definitely worse.
  • Options
    Don't tell me we're not going to win the FA Cup this year, again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That is one shocking team. Players being played out of position. Players who are not good enough at this level.
    If that poor excuse of a manager didn't get the message today he never will.
  • Options

PL54 said:

Don't tell me we're not going to win the FA Cup this year, again.

Ok. Have a bite. Fuck off you cunt. Sick of the shit you post on here.
    Bit harsh.

We didn't set out to win. We didn't win.
  • Options
    I can't begin to explain how bad the defending was for their 2nd goal. Not one player was in the right position. Alan Hansen would have a field day analysing us.
  • Options
    Does Jason Euell have any say in how we play, if not what's the point of him being part of the coaching set up?
  • Options

We was getting over run by them with Cousins on, he gets injured and our genius of a manager puts Igor on another forward to make it even easier for them to over run us.

This is basically what the Colchester commentators said.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can you get a bet on anywhere that he's the next manager out the door?
  • Options
    Boy oh boy, I remember saying it's going to ger a whole lot worse before it even gets near closing in on getting better. It still feels like it can get worse and thats how laughably bad it is, trying to appease fans with past players - chucking them in the team instantly, Johnson with the fitness of a hippo and not a real care; just a pay day from a sinking club.

We ignore anyone who is anti protest or somewhat agrees with this ownership and we go full throttle, a great Club is being took for a rollercoaster as some liked to call it, but this rollercoaster is heading down, and fast..
  • Options
    seth plum said:

We was getting over run by them with Cousins on, he gets injured and our genius of a manager puts Igor on another forward to make it even easier for them to over run us.

This is basically what the Colchester commentators said.
    Everyone who knows a little about football could see it but Karel can not which says it all to me.
  • Options
    Euell should try and escape back to the academy before the roof caves in. RD appears to see something attractive in Fraeye, but we all know what the sight of a UK Passport does to RD/KM.
  • Options

Solidgone said:

Any positives....?

Superb pictures of Elfsborg down the front just to the left of the dug out giving KF an EXTREMELY hard time shouting and pointing. Well done that man. Photos in the match thread and on twitter. Let's make Elfsborg's rant go viral.
    Where are these ?

Oh, Pope was a positive, would have been much worse without him and that's coming from someone who's been very critical of him in the past.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

WSS said:

Seriously?

If this is true then why not extreme supporter presence at Sparrows Lane? And at the Valley at random unexpected times during the week? They might be frightened, but they're not frightened enough.
    Last week Rick said we have to make this club unmanageable. I have suggest many ideas in recent weeks, maybe I will have to be a one man protest, and expose myself to unrelenting ridicule and abuse.
    I definitely think a couple of 80 watt, 1500 meters megaphones from the public footpath alongside Sparrows Lane might be enough to piss off all the staff and players big time.
    Their choice then would be to come over to me and lump me, or complain to those above them?
    Anybody know if this would break the law?
    @seth plum - if you're going to Sparrows Lane you could hand players a leaflet or talk with them. KF said post-game that if he loses the players he will walk - maybe you could suggest they tell him to go?
  • Options
    Does anyone happen to know where Karel is staying?!

I think a few parcels full of shit (just like his interviews) posted to his address will "encourage" him to part company with the club!

Sorry, drunk (very), pissed off (extremely)!