Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Colchester vs Charlton FA cup 3rd Round - Post match views

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    After going to Colchester I will not be going to anymore away games, we are there to support the team and try to salvage something from this whole mess, yes lets protest against the board, but fans shouting abuse at our own players is not on. Not one chant at Colchester was about supporting the team, whats the point in being there. If you want to protest instead of black and white scarves lets get someone on the door into crossbars and ask people not to go in or buy any food or merchandise right around the ground. Lets hit the owners pockets, at sky game we should have stayed outside for 30 mins after K.O.
  • Options
    mchardaw said:

After going to Colchester I will not be going to anymore away games, we are there to support the team and try to salvage something from this whole mess, yes lets protest against the board, but fans shouting abuse at our own players is not on. Not one chant at Colchester was about supporting the team, whats the point in being there. If you want to protest instead of black and white scarves lets get someone on the door into crossbars and ask people not to go in or buy any food or merchandise right around the ground. Lets hit the owners pockets, at sky game we should have stayed outside for 30 mins after K.O.

I agree, but they hardly got the 'Aston Villa' experience yesterday did they?
  • Options
    Latimer said:

A positive for me is that JBG, Jacko, Solly, Lookman, THD, Harriott did not play and could all be back Tuesday. Johnson, Poyet and Igor got another 45 mins at least under their belts.

The not so good....why did the supporters turn on the players and to some extent KF, you're not fit to wear the shirt, fans berating Pope who kept the score respectful. They're probably as cheesed off as we are. Yes there was some vitriol, towards the Belgians, but it was overwhelmed by that towards the players. The message gets lost, the crap is at the top, to moan about the whole just muddies and dilutes the message. And we are totally exposed continually down the left flank, Fox and Sarr, we're all over the place again today.

The sole purpose for me presently is to target the Belgian owner and Meire in particular. That should have been the consistent target of the fans not the players.

Painful as it is to lose to Colchester, it was no great surprise, what is more important is Tuesday night some result at Huddersfield and I'll be one of the valiant there

Yesterday was the first loss that I think some players can be held accountable for. I think people saw that and that's they turned on the players. It wasn't good enough, and they need to know that. Having a no mark manager from a network doesn't stop you from chasing down a ball, or winning a 50/50 that is down solely to the player.

• Options
    How much longer do we have to put up with the Flanders football club murderers? :worried:
  • Options
    I was annoyed with Nick Pope not conceding a third, was desperate to get out of there
  • Options
    se9addick said:

With a couple of days distance from the match it was still a horrendous performance, one of the worst (although that catalogue is growing). However one positive is that almost 2,000 Addicks are still willing to make the 250 mile round trip to one of the worst away grounds in England, at a rubbish time of the year when the team is going through a horrific run of form and is being run by the worst ownership team in my lifetime.

I've spent a lot of time recently worrying about the future of our club but this gave me hope, we'll see these tossers off.

Eh? Thought we were playing Colchester !

• Sponsored links:

• Options

se9addick said:

With a couple of days distance from the match it was still a horrendous performance, one of the worst (although that catalogue is growing). However one positive is that almost 2,000 Addicks are still willing to make the 250 mile round trip to one of the worst away grounds in England, at a rubbish time of the year when the team is going through a horrific run of form and is being run by the worst ownership team in my lifetime.

I've spent a lot of time recently worrying about the future of our club but this gave me hope, we'll see these tossers off.

Are you disputing that it's 250 miles round from the Valley to Colchester ? Or that it's one of the worst always in the FL ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Are you disputing that it's 250 miles round from the Valley to Colchester ? Or that it's one of the worst always in the FL ?
    Well the round trip distance is more like 130 miles, and the ground, while boring, is pretty decent for L1. Even access from the rail station wasn't that bad, a bit of queue for the bus afterwards, but the roads were nice and clear.
  • Options
    Throughout the whole 90 minutes Charlton lack passion. The players themselves can take part the blame for this, no one appears to be talking, poor movement off the ball with no real direction. But the main problem is poor management, no one appears to be kicking the players backsides and motivating them before each match, they are strolling into each game showing little motivation or passion, that's the managers (coaches) job, to motivate and install passion into his players. Turning our anger on the players is not the answer, they need the fans help, by lifting the them and their moral, as clearly the management are incapable of doing this. This poor management is failing both, the players and us the fans. The board must/need to act quickly.
  • Options

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Well the round trip distance is more like 130 miles, and the ground, while boring, is pretty decent for L1. Even access from the rail station wasn't that bad, a bit of queue for the bus afterwards, but the roads were nice and clear.
    Ah, I saw this poster and assumed it meant it was 130 miles each way. Apologies.

Although I maintain that it's a terrible away trip, no pubs for miles around and if you get stuck near the front few rows your view is pretty terrible.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Ah, I saw this poster and assumed it meant it was 130 miles each way. Apologies.

Although I maintain that it's a terrible away trip, no pubs for miles around and if you get stuck near the front few rows your view is pretty terrible.
    Plenty of pubs in Colchester itself, and a regular shuttle bus between the station and the ground. Far better than say Reading where it takes an eternity to get back into town, or even the likes of Bolton

If we play them again next season, I'm sure everyone will have a choice of seats...
  • Options

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Plenty of pubs in Colchester itself, and a regular shuttle bus between the station and the ground. Far better than say Reading where it takes an eternity to get back into town, or even the likes of Bolton

If we play them again next season, I'm sure everyone will have a choice of seats...
    Dog and Pheasant worked for me. 15 minute stroll from the ground. Few other Charlton in there also.
  • Options
    Spoons and the fox snd fidfle in the town centre
  • Options
    Ah well
    Colchester have got home tie against spurs or leicester
    Either would have meant a sold out valley
    Never mind always next year
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Ah well

Where we will be dumped in the 1st round proper by Welling f@cking United.
  • Options

Ah well

Ah the "shitty end of the stick" that is supporting Charlton...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well at least the coffers of the regime are not lined by part time punters paying to watch us get thrashed by either Premiership side.
  • Options

Ah well

On out current form playing either one of those two could have been a humiliation too far
  • Options
    A home tie against Spurs or Liecester in the 4th round. You have to laugh. If it was meant to happen what do you think the score would have been? Probably the best "avoid" of the season.
  • Options

Doing a Seth...at 9pm.

Arrived home about 45 min ago and scrambled eggs on toast & a cuppa later, am still mulling over the events of today.

6 of us met up in the Beefeater near the station at 12.30 for a bite of lunch accompanied by 2 bottles of wine ( and a 2 for 1 mains voucher!) and the chance to discuss what had been happening over the past week. RM's "statement" & the return of the prodigal sons was on the agenda amongst other issues as we enjoyed our meals.

Only 5 of us are Addicks , the 6th being a sensible lady who was going shopping whilst we wasted our afternoon at the match and of that 5, I stood out as being the most committed to the protests/their aim. Of the other 4, 3 are seriously bending in my direction (?) whilst the other, who sometimes posts on here and is a high profile supporter, tries to see both sides....For him , the arrival of Diego, Rojo & Rhys are symbolic of the (belated)new level of understanding that has allegedly recently dawned on RD & co ie that our squad is threadbare & totally unbalanced with a severe dearth of Championship experienced players. He also spoke of the rumour concerning the return of a certain Mr Bent ( NOT Old Blue Eyes) and the outside chance of our original Beast coming home....He also felt that RD won't sell at any price until his "work" is done, quoting KM's conversation with him a year or more ago when she stated that her Puppet Master is definitely in it for the long haul . And, as such , he believes that no amount of protesting will have any bearing on our ownership but , that the best we could hope for would be for RD to soften his rigid approach to issues such as his choice of coach/manager.

Then, on the concourse, I spoke with a guy we know from SL, who seemed surprised to see my black & white scarf. He was full of praise for what is taking place at the Trg Ground and told me the players are happy with KF and that they" enjoy their training" under his supervision.

From then onwards, the day took a turn for the worse.....the match kicked off.

I take no pleasure from saying that this was a shambles of a performance from the boys in red. 2 new players in the starting eleven , plus Moussa who has hardly featured previously this season, young RCC who was one of the few decent players but with limited minutes under his belt and Ceballos , only just returned from injury.....Could this be the start of a wonderful Cup run ?

Sadly, our fragile hopes were dashed once again as it became apparent that a hard working Colchester side had the measure of us, and that, aided by some kamikaze play from our lads, there would only be one winner. The early loss of young Jordan didn't help and those of us travelling to Yorkshire (twice) next week will wonder whether yet another of our more dependable players will make the trip. The poor performance naturally fuelled the fire of those standing up to make their protests against the current regime on a day when KF & co might have allowed us one , much needed victory and a boost to the playing side to boot. Sadly, any remaining confidence must have been further eroded this afternoon and the boos that rang out at the final whistle left no-one on the pitch in any doubt as to the feelings of the majority of our fans.

As always, I don't blame the players....I have grave concerns as to what this current situation is doing to their heads. It's a sure fire recipe for disaster with the ingredients of an inexperienced coach, a mish mash of players lacking in game time, fitness, motivation & in some cases, little knowledge of their colleagues on the pitch , all the direct result of a weird experiment by an even weirder owner. It beggars belief that a well run, well regarded Club with players proud to wear the shirt should have come to this....and sadly, it won't end here.

Another in our group today has previously worked with Peter Varney and I'm sure she won't mind my mentioning that she emailed him last week regarding news of his investment involvement. He responded saying that he was certain that his "party" would be a great fit for our Club but that it was all too evident that RD will not sell , seemingly at any cost. That, then, would seem to be that.

So, where do we go from here ?

Well, the obvious answer is, on to Huddersfield, but with each subsequent match, our heads, like those of the players, drop ever lower. We need a miracle to turn this around and after today, my hopes of avoiding the dreaded "R" are receding. Whether stepping up the planned protests and the further eroding of attendances at The Valley will have any effect on our owner or not, we HAVE to keep plugging away and encourage more fans to join in. And IF RD has any sense & recognises how damaging a descent into Div One will be for all concerned, surely the least we should expect to see is the departure of the hapless, however personable KF, and the appointment of a manager with serious , undisputed experience of the Championship at the very least. The very future of OUR Club is firmly embedded in the month of January 2016 - making changes of note any later, and it could be curtains.

If anyone can find the Belgian's Achilles heel, please note I'm practising my archery 24/7.

Support the team, not the regime !

I am presuming the shopper was Rose Fanny, think I may take up shopping instead.