Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Colchester vs Charlton FA cup 3rd Round - Post match views

Comments

• Options
    Already decided we've reached our limit and will not renew ST. Next season will be the occasional home game (if bearable) and various other non-Charlton matches. This is the lowest point in 46 years of unquestionable and obsessive support.

No hope under this incompetent regime. Funny how love can so easily become hate!
  • Options
    I'm not a violent man but my patience is running thin..........String em up.
  • Options
    Think the leaving in a laundry basket story, whilst hilarious, is untrue... Paul Green or whatever his name is (from the news hopper I think) has tweeted saying Murray Karel and Katrien in deep discussion in a room at the ground!
  • Options

Think the leaving in a laundry basket story, whilst hilarious, is untrue... Paul Green or whatever his name is (from the news hopper I think) has tweeted saying Murray Karel and Katrien in deep discussion in a room at the ground!

Can't believe there's even a discussion.
  • Options
    What can you add, another journey, another defeat, what is going on, well done Pope and Hendo who spent some time with young fans, sorry customers.
  • Options
    How

Essex reporter saying they left in the kit mans minibus after sneaking out of a side door. No mention of a basket tho

• Options

Although that was two hours ago so it is entirely possible they decided to sneak out with the dirty washing after!

The Conspiracy is back on!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

• Options
    BR3red said:

Shambles of a game.

The corner in front of us in the second half nobody came over to take it! With everybody looking around Moussa was then told to go and do it and sprinted from the other side of the box.

This is astonishing. Totally leaderless...
  • Options

It may be untrue but I am going to keep believing it as it is one of the few things connected with the club that has cheered me up lately
  • Options
    It was just plain awful

I knew as soon as I saw the XI picked that we were bang in trouble

I'm very much support the team not the regime but clearly in the minority as there was next to no support for the team from minute 1 but plenty against the regime, no surprises once we went behind but some of the young kids today needed encouragement. The atmosphere is so poisonous now that surely this can't go on for much longer.

I won't be back till carol has gone, hopefully I will be there for the next game
  • Options
    NugNug
    edited January 2016
    Just listened to that interview...what a total embarrassment to the name of Charlton Athletic these people are. We're like the North Koreans of football. Richard Murray for the love of God walk away and dismiss these people as clueless and ruing this club.
  • Options
    Except we have not actually got a nuclear weapon we are testing, we have a number of tiny weapons most of which are happy to misfire when the manager specifically and weekly delivers damp powder.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Listen, phenomenology can make things true.

As far as I'm concerned they were snuck out in a laundry basket from a side entrance, my source is Colchester fan and BBC Essex man Neil Kelly.

The BBC trumps the News Shopper any day, and in reality, and in essence, and poetically, and spiritually, Katrien and Karel both snuck away in a laundry basket today, and that remains true until I hear Katrien or Karel deny it in their own words to an on the ball and inquisitive reporter.

Both lie for a living; still wouldn't make it untrue.
  • Options
    Bloody glad I didn't interrupt my centre parcs weekend to watch that shit and feel sorry for those who went.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just been chatting to a mate who hangs around in the Directors Box and Boardroom at Colchester's home games. Firstly, he said he met Meire and thought that she was very pleasant (put him right on that). Secondly, he said that he thought that Charlton were a complete shambles and that the manager was way out of his depth. Also, prior to me speaking to him before the game he wasn't aware of any issues or protests at Charlton which surprised me!

Oh, by the way, my post match review - woeful!!

• Options

Was 10mins down the A12 when Reza scored. We toyed with leaving at half-time but my daughter persuaded us that a goal could change it. She is the eternal optimist but there were tears in her 11 year old eyes as she asked me how much worse it could get just before we left on 75mins. But hey Katrien, she's just a mug punter isn't she.

Will try and write more tomorrow when I've calmed down, as tonight I'm going out to get shit faced.

As I write we've just turned on to the M25 and I'm still numb from the cold, my feet are damp from sitting in the pissing rain and the broken bone in my shoulder is killing me from sitting in the cold, but again I/we are all customers.

The really painful thing is the lack of effort, suspect the players are broken. The coach has no idea, they had no idea what their roles were, it was literally 11 strangers wandering about looking for the exit.

I don't see a way out and suspect we'll be down by the end of March.

Bloody hell, you sound like my Mum mate!! ;-)
  • Options

Well done also to the charlton prats that stood on the stairs and spoiled people's view whilst there were empty seats.

Well Chippy, that has cheered me up!

Thanks
    Sadly we have some stupid fans. One guy had to stand with his 2 kids in his arm to watch the match. Luckily the stewards got a grip in the second half.
    We certainly have.
  • Options

Same as the scene in Father Ted when they are stuck in the ladies' underwear dept. Wondering how they're going to get out.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    What an absolute shower of shit. Totally outplayed by a team at or near the bottom of League 1.

Fraeye has this amazing ability, to once again, make our opposition, look like Barcelona.

Pope kept us in it. We should have lost by 4.

Pope was excellent and Poyet stood out as the only Charlton player capable of keeping the ball and passing to a red shirt (as expected).

Regan-Cooke is not ready for the first team. Fox was shocking as usual. Sarr was even more shocking than Fox.
    Johnson was slow and average at best. Cousins didn't do a lot. Vaz Te clearly has no interest in playing for Charlton.
    Reza either falls over himself or barges over the opposition. Makienok was rubbish and I didn't realise Moussa was out there for 30 mins. He made an impression on me later on, when I noticed him bottling out of tackles. Ceballos non-existent.

It was right up there with the famous Llera game at Colchester.

As for Fraeye, a clueless clown, who even bizarely swapped the full backs over for 5-10 mins in the first half.

I wouldn't put him in charge of our U12's.

If Fraeye remains, I think he has the ability to take us out of the football league, within a couple of seasons.
  • Options

Don't think Murray was there.
  • Options
    A miserable cold, depressing day to end another miserable depressing trip home to see my beloved team which has become a total shambles. When I return again next December it will be three years since I last witnessed a victory.
  • Options
    Quick hide