Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Colchester vs Charlton FA cup 3rd Round - Post match views

Comments

• Options
    wAS pINOCHIO THERE. ?
  • Options
    Beckboy said:

Quick hide

Just goes to show what a basket case the club is.
  • Options

Think the leaving in a laundry basket story, whilst hilarious, is untrue... Paul Green or whatever his name is (from the news hopper I think) has tweeted saying Murray Karel and Katrien in deep discussion in a room at the ground!

Don't think Murray was there.
    Just repeating what Paul Green tweeted...
  • Options

What an absolute shower of shit. Totally outplayed by a team at or near the bottom of League 1.

Fraeye has this amazing ability, to once again, make our opposition, look like Barcelona.

Pope kept us in it. We should have lost by 4.

Pope was excellent and Poyet stood out as the only Charlton player capable of keeping the ball and passing to a red shirt (as expected).

Regan-Cooke is not ready for the first team. Fox was shocking as usual. Sarr was even more shocking than Fox.
    Johnson was slow and average at best. Cousins didn't do a lot. Vaz Te clearly has no interest in playing for Charlton.
    Reza either falls over himself or barges over the opposition. Makienok was rubbish and I didn't realise Moussa was out there for 30 mins. He made an 2nd later on, when I noticed him bottling out of tackles. Ceballos non-existant.

It was right up there with the famous Llera game at Colchester.

As for Fraeye, a clueless clown, who even bizarely swapped the full backs over for 5-10 mins in the first half.

I would put him in charge of our U12's.

If Fraeye remains, I think he has the ability to take us out of the football league, within a couple of seasons.

That is spot on.
  • Options
    Thank god I am having a ski lesson with the boy tomorrow which should pick us up a bit. He's started to ask for Liverpool kit FFS. At least they drew against Exeter rather than losing.

I thought we should start 4-3-3 and move on from there. Not encouraging to hear we start with a formation that can best be described as

A) rubbish
    B) 10 players moving around

Bollocks.
  • Options
    Not one of our fans giving marks have credited either the Assister or Goal scorer for us.

Those two actually linked and worked well together at least that one time.

• Options
    A so called "Interim Coach" but there is absolutely no sign of a proper recruitment process going on. Clearly Fraeye is not fit to coach / manage our team or any other team in the Football League. But there is no PLAN B is there?
  • Options

Beckboy said:

Quick hide

Just goes to show what a basket case the club is.
    The whole point of the spell it out in black and white was?

To wash our dirty laundry in public;

Skid marks and all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think we did well today, we only went 0-2 down against second from bottom in the division below us.

A success because we could have been 4 behind
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Not one of our fans giving marks have credited either the Assister or Goal scorer for us.

Those two actually linked and worked well together at least that one time.

The only positives about today were

1) Pope made many decent saves, and looked a decent reserve for Henderson
    2) We looked more dangerous in the last 20 minutes. A thought RCC played quite well when played as an attacking player (on the left, with Moussa on the right)
    3) I though Williams looked decent, and more match fit than Johnson
    4) Colchester Brewery beers in The Victoria
  • Options

I've always considered myself lucky that I didn't go to the Dagenham game in League 1. Everything I read about it from those who were there made me sure that that was the worst performance in this club's history. Now, though, I feel like I was there. However bad we were that day, today was without question worse.

Right from the outset the signs were ominous. Johnson and Sarr never had the Colchester front two under control, which is quite something given that they were Marvin Sordell, formerly of this parish, and Chris Porter, who is essentially a Simon Makienok tribute act. It was difficult to pinpoint any actual howlers from either Johnson or Sarr, but that makes it even worse that they were constantly being beaten and having to chase back, as it shows that neither of them has an intelligent footballing brain. It didn't take long for George Moncur, Colchester's one decent player, to find space in the box to fire past the blameless Pope. And it was Sarr who was in the wrong position when he tried to intercept a pass in midfield, letting in Sordell to slide it under Pope to make it 2-0.

At right back Charles-Cook struggled, and without wishing to be overly cruel on a youngster I cannot see any future for him at this level. It should be said in mitigation that he was not helped by having Manuel from Fawlty Towers playing in front of him; Ceballos produced a display of such ineptitude, misplacing even the simplest passes, that he became a contender for the crown of Most Incompetent Person To Come From Barcelona. Unsurprisingly, he didn't emerge for the second half.

Cousins going off injured didn't help matters, but our lack of presence in midfield was staggering. Poyet must have thought that his days of playing in teams as bad as this were over when he left SE7 in 2014, but boy was he wrong. Not that he should get off scot free, as he did nothing to be proud of either. Colchester were consistently first to the ball, stronger in the tackle and more intelligent with their use of it. This is a side which had lost 8 of its last 9 games outrunning, outbattling and outthinking us. Congratulations Karel.

Up front we were as toothless as always. One cross-shot rebounded off the foot of the post in the first half, and keeper and defender conspired to block consecutive efforts from inside the box in the second, but a team playing against a defence as leaky as Colchester's really should have created much more. Makienok won almost nothing in the air again, Moussa was ineffective and Reza's sole positive contribution was to head in our consolation, fine header though it was. Special mention should go to Vaz Te for the most half-arsed display imaginable from a substitute. Imagine letting Watt go for him...

We ended the game being captained by Morgan Fox. Even allowing for the players missing today, it is telling that a player as average and inexperienced as him should be skipper of this club. There was no leadership whatsoever on the field, and nor do we ever get any from Fraeye. That we even scored today was an absolute travesty of justice, as surprising as seeing Sarr play two sublime crossfield balls in succession (believe me, he did). 2-1 does not reflect how comfortable Colchester were.

I commented after the Burnley game that defeats in the North West like that were a longstanding part of our history. Exiting the FA Cup at the first opportunity is equally traditional, even when we have had a good team. What happened today, however, belongs in a whole different category of awfulness, for which three people are responsible. If Karel Fraeye, Katrien Meire and Roland Duchatelet do not leave this club soon, we can expect more days like this.

We have two fights on our hands. The one on the pitch will almost certainly end in relegation. The one off it is the one we need to win.

Superb post and I agree with every word.
  • Options
    Listened to the whole game on bbc Essex .The commentary made us sound dreadful and amateurish .They were puzzled by all our substitions and said team appeared to have no plan. So thousands of listeners can see our plight . Well done the chanters . They were given due publicity .Let's see how MOTD handle it tonight .
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Let's hope the club don't decide to ban him for this. They are not great believers in allowing customers to express opinions.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

se9addick said:
    Let's hope the club don't decide to ban him for this. They are not great believers in allowing customers to express opinions.
    Is it possible to ban thousands of fans?
  • Options
    Does this mean that at the end of the season when were chanting 'The great escape' theme it won't be referring to fighting relegation but to our coach and ceo getting out of the stadiums?

Dreadful result but sadly not a complete surprise and find I have complete apathy towards it. The result is systematic of our many problems but Tuesday far more important in reality.
  • Options
    On the upside........

The Cherries won, and Yann played.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Square pegs in round holes. When will he learn there is no point having 5 forwards on the pitch if you have no creative service.

Worst performance I've seen in a while, don't mind losing a match but too many players either couldn't be bothered or were too scared to do anything other than pass sideways or backwards.

would love to know what today's game plan was because it was clear neither the fans or the players knew.
  • Options

Think the leaving in a laundry basket story, whilst hilarious, is untrue... Paul Green or whatever his name is (from the news hopper I think) has tweeted saying Murray Karel and Katrien in deep discussion in a room at the ground!

Don't think Murray was there.
    Just repeating what Paul Green tweeted...
    Understood. If he was there he wasn't sitting with KM, Chris Parkes and Mick Everett.
  • Options
    Did anyone notice the young photographer who seemed to be constantly taking pictures of the Charlton fans? A few around me pulled him up on it in no uncertain terms. Not sure if he works for the club.
  • Options
    masicat said:
    I'm not - it wasn't me it was that elf geezer who dun it.
  • Options

Actually, I think Blackadder would currently improve things.
  • Options
    An Adder

Roland Duchatelet