Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Riga *Might* be coming back

Comments

• Options
    The last throw of the Duchatelet dice. The only person left with any credibility in this sorry charade. And I fear that credibility will soon be floating in the sewers with the rest.

At least then maybe we could see a real change
  • Options
    Jose Riga baabbbyyy.
  • Options
    West2003 said:

Club seems to be run on a two-year looping cycle at the moment.

I eagerly await the glorious return of Yohann Thuram-Ulien.

Can we have a show of hands.

• Options
    edited January 2016
  • Options
    Vegatable stock, chicken stock, laughing stock... We should bottle it!

Still, as mentioned above, gotta be that last throw of the dice.
  • Options

cafc4life said:

Don t agree with Riga coming back, but hopefully fraeye fucks off completely and Jose brings his back room staff from Metz with him. Done a good job there

Yet they sacked him...?
    Played 23 W10 D6 L7 in French Ligue 2and they've won 3 from last 13.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's the Charlton version of Wheel of Fortune. "We'll see you in the spin of a wheel, Jose!"
  • Options
    To be fair, if your entire life revolves around doing batshit insane things that damage Charlton Athletic, why wouldn't you give Riga an opportunity to unpick his previous legacy? I'm sure he'll be delighted to work with Poyet again. Less delighted with the rest.
  • Options
    just goes to show what a farce this is.

Katrien will then complain that we are "never happy at whatever decision we make" "even though you all wanted riga back and we got him for you". I would go so far to say this is not a football decision but a simple point scoring decision. And for me to think that just goes to show the damage the administration has done to it's own credibility.
  • Options

They honestly think appointing Riga will stop protests. No chance. Only selling up will do that Katrien.

Bollocks to the regime. We support the players and Riga.

• Options
    Good grief. This circus act are absolutely clueless.

If approached I really hope Riga tells them to poke it.

Don't want him back, but if it's him or Carol there is no question who itches to be. Mind you I'd have anybody over Carol.
  • Options
    Clueless twats in charge of our club. If this happens it's a huge admission of incompetence, both in not appointing Riga after he kept us up last time AND in appointing Fraeye (spit) even on an interim basis. More juicy ammo to use against the regime. Surely even Duchatelet would have to get rid of Pinnochio then - it's a complete catalogue of disastrous incompetence on her part. We might not be able to force the mad old bugger out because he is too rich and obstinate, but we can sure as hell keep knocking over his puppets.
  • Options

They honestly think appointing Riga will stop protests. No chance. Only selling up will do that Katrien.

Bollocks to the regime. We support the players and Riga.

Is Riga not part of the Regime though?

• Options
    Does RD have something against British managers?

If you have any self respect Jose , don't take the job.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oakster said:

He walked into a massive mess at Blackpool & comprehensively failed - we are not too far off that situation ourselves.

I don't think Houdini would have got Blackpool out of that mess. Riga must have an obsession with working with nut job owners.
  • Options
    Getting that Deja vu feeling...
  • Options
    KM's favourite film isn't Groundhog Day by any chance?
  • Options
    Macronate said:

another decisive decision.

But who else can they turn to, they clearly don't want to get an experienced Championship manager on board and in any case who would want to work with KM or RD back to the trusted network so it seems.
  • Options
    So predictable it's funny.
  • Options
    if Riga came back with complete autonomy and financial support to fix the mess, it could be worse. I would want to know that is the case though.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    This move, if it happens, comes from the same kind of place that thinks doing a powerpoint, and getting Jacko and Murray out to placate fans will work.

Doing a powerpoint.

Tell you what Katrien. if you want to do something impressive, then answer your backlog of emails personally one by one. You have learned how to do a powerpoint, now be educated by your fans, supporters, enemies customers.

I may be the only one but I find this threshing around rather pathetic, close to contemptible actually.

Speak to Varney, and then sell.