Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Riga *Might* be coming back

Comments

• Options
    Is Fraye going or is this to work alongside Riga?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Calling all journalists

While I will certainly feel a sense of relief is Riga is replacing Fraeye, i would nevertheless be obliged if you would ask the following questions at his first press conference

1. It appears you wanted to stay at Charlton last time, yet RD let you go. He subsequently brought you back and let you go again from Standard. Why do you feel able to work for him yet again?

2.How do you feel about the suggestions (encouraged by the man himself) that Karel Fraeye was integral to your success here last time. What (if appropriate) will be the division of responsibilities between the two of you this time?

3. How would you summarise your latest spell at Standard? Why did RD bring you in, and did you succeed in the objectives he set you? If so, why did he not retain you?

4. What can you tell us about the criminal investigation involving you and the Standard player Jonathan Legeare?. We don't expect you to comment on the case in detail, but if it is still open, can you understand why people would be nervous about your modus operandi, until such time as the investigation is closed and you are deemed innocent?

Of course the same questions and a shedload more should be asked of KM...

This is something that ought not to be dodged.
    Could someone give a bit more detail about this? I tried to Google it, but all I could find was that Legeare had a fondness for driving into buildings whilst drunk.
  • Options
    Having said that, the protests must go on
  • Options
    I don't care if he kept us up last time. We shouldn't have been in that mess in the first place.

The same way we shouldn't be in this mess now, but we are.

Jose Riga is a Roland puppet - he has hired him three times, soon to be four by the sounds of it. On that basis alone he won't be getting my support
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Riga wasn't deemed good enough before, then why bring him back? Couldn't make it up................................................... oh hang on, we're owned and staffed by Belgian tossers with blinkers on.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Riga better than Fraeye and if that's all we can get, then fine.

What gets me is the amount of loyalty all these guys show to RD despite the fact that he treats them like servants - they have no self respect.

Was thinking that. But now realise because the people he leans on to help are no marks.

Any person worth their salt wouldn't touch him.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Riga better than Fraeye and if that's all we can get, then fine.

What gets me is the amount of loyalty all these guys show to RD despite the fact that he treats them like servants - they have no self respect.

Agreed mate this is a proper definition of WEIRD. Everyone has their price so probably money talks.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Riga better than Fraeye and if that's all we can get, then fine

In the weeks since Luzon went, and in fact back to when the board started to get an itchy trigger finger with him, how can the Network be all we can get?

So much for "we have made mistakes".
  • Options

If Riga comes back then he is an actual moron. He knows that he will have no input in signings and has been screwed over by Duchatelet twice already.

Managers/coaches have an average 12 month in charge.

So you're not secure anywhere, so why not ? He liked it at Charlton and wanted to stay on.
    True, sacked by the same owner three times though? Twice by Standard Liege and basically sacked once by us. I can't think of anyone who would come back three times, he's either a mate or very desperate.

The thing that really annoys me is that I can imagine Miere and Murray getting together and deciding how to appease us, the brain dead peasant customers. If Cawley is correct then I think this is their answer.
  • Options
    Mackle said:

stonemuse said:

In the weeks since Luzon went, and in fact back to when the board started to get an itchy trigger finger with him, how can the Network be all we can get?

Mackle said:

stonemuse said:

It's all we can get because it's all RD will give ...whilst he is here
  • Options
    I am just tired of all this nonsense, for better or worse, whatever league we are in, I just want a regular football club back to support.

So even if Riga does keep us up, which I hope he does, the battle that really must be won involves getting a new owner, so we must not be placated this time, whatever happens on the pitch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is it confirmed he is coming back or just a rumour at the moment?
  • Options
    tom- k said:

Is it confirmed he is coming back or just a rumour at the moment?

Just a rumour I think.
  • Options
    Would he be better than Fraeye?

Yes.

Sold.
  • Options

Would he be better than Fraeye?

Yes.

Sold.

A wet fish would be better than Karel
  • Options
    Well it's definitely an improvement. I'd still rather bring in someone with no connection to the network though
  • Options

Well it's definitely an improvement. I'd still rather bring in someone with no connection to the network though

Like Bob Peeters
  • Options

Clueless.

So we are back to where we were 2 years ago albeit worse off. No ambition or progress at this club. I can't be the only one fuming at this?

He may keep us up but other than that no Charlton supporter should be happy at this. It is another two fingers up at us and an insistence that their way is best. Riga is not the man to take this club forwards nor are the owners.

They've realised the strong possibility we're going down and have repeated the Riga appointment in the hope it yields the same result....i.e. we just stay up and the fans are so relieved at that they're duped into handing over season ticket money after swallowing the shit that Murray will be peddled out to tell us that they've learned and next season will be different.

I fucking hate this board and we need them gone. This is another sham appointment and unless we want this Groundhog Day every season we need to get them out. Morons.

What we want, is to stay up & survive comfortably in The Championship, without having continual relegation fights.

A realistic shot at The Prem, is a nice to have, probably by way of the play offs.

So yes it's a crazy merry go round, but Riga is the one positive so far, so I'm really pleased if he returns.
  • Options

john3 said:

i would rather go down to league one if it would guarantee the club getting rid of RD,KM and kf rather than for us to scrape survival with Riga and go round and round and round and round like a tumble drier out of control full of crap and going nowhere fast,like a bunch of headless chickens with no direction,panicking every time we get to december awaiting the next quick fix to get us out of the mire or meire !!!
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CAFC FANS DO NOT SETTLE FOR THIS,KEEP UP THE PROTESTS, BOYCOTT THE GAMES IF NECESSARY BUT DO NOT PROVIDE A PLATFORM OF OH WELL THAT WILL DO FOR NOW MEDIOCRITY.
    WE STARTED A PROTEST, WE HAVE A VOICE, LETS SEE THE JOB THROUGH AND GET THESE TIME WASTERS OUT!!!

100%
    102%