Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Riga *Might* be coming back

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2016
    I think the reason Duchatelet didn't give Riga the job is the reason I would welcome him back. But Riga has to be the one making demands and be given the job permanently if he keeps us up, even if Riga's approach may be a little different to Roland's crazy ideas. Karel is now toxic so it has to be Riga/Euell and Watt has to be brought back. We play in front of defences, never try to get past them, Watt is a player who does, Makienock battles with them, Reza and Vas Te are too easy to defend against in the system we play.
  • Options
    Give Roger Johnson's agent a call Jose and get an 18 month contract!!!
  • Options
    He scored 5 in the last cple of games
  • Options

West2003 said:

Club seems to be run on a two-year looping cycle at the moment.

I eagerly await the glorious return of Yohann Thuram-Ulien.

Can we have a show of hands feet

(Should've used hands though)
  • Options
    Can't wait for Pinocchio's statement on the appointment. "Every Manager, Coach, Interim Yes Man, Laundry Bloke, Sofa, Has Brought An Improvement"

Charlton 'til I cry.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Marvin Sordell had a decent game yesterday, surely he'll get an invite back too.

It's strange as I did actually really like Riga at the end and he's obviously an improvement and I feel that he could keep us up, yet it would still show that the owners don't get it even if results did improve.
  • Options

As far as I know Steven Clark, Nigel Pearson, Tim Sherwood, Gus Poyet, Gary Monk,
    Brendan Rogers, Malky McKay are all out of work. Why doesn't Murray
    advise these Belgian clowns we need a manager with experience
    not another network (or ex network) employee?

I don't think he has any influence whatsoever. There is no way Murray would advise an owner of a Championship club to go and get a coach from a third division Belgium part time club. It would like poaching Welling's kit manager.
    It might be he likes to be,(and the owners like him to be), the token Englishman on the board, even if he has to sit in the corner at board meetings.

What really amazes me is the long drawn out search for a new interim coach to replace this chancer we have now. The interim CEO must be very thorough, busy doing other things, not bothering, not allowed or just shite to reach this stage where Riga would even be considered.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
    It won't dampen them. I hope Riga keeps us up and would be delighted if he manages us under our new owners which we have to continue to fight for. KF has to go though.
  • Options
    I'll give it ten games maximum before Riga feels the heat.
  • Options
    TBH, I don't mind this as long as that clown Fraeye just goes ...
  • Options
    The first question for Riga has to be: Are you coming back as your own man or to do as Duchatelet tells you? How he answers it will be key!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Neither Yann nor Riga can save us this time you dopey tart. The reason KM is begging people to come back is because she is desperate and stupid and thinks because hiring Riga worked before it will work again. WRONG you dozey Mare(Meire) COZ 2 YEARS HAVE PASSED & Things HAVE CHANGED and THANKS TO YOUR INEPTITUDE OVER THE LAST 2 YEARS CHARLTON ARE NOW IN A MUCH WORSE PLACE & BEYOND SAVING. If you really want to change things for the better do us all a favour and LEAVE TOMORROW or this evening if Eurostar is still running. JUST FUCK OFF
  • Options
    Would take Riga, however again shows how inept our owner is that he will re hire someone deemed not good enough only recently.
  • Options
    Any manager that comes in under this regime is an idiot. Hopefully we can go through another 2 by the end of the season so the stats make Duchie look like more of a dickhead. Hopefully 8 managers in 2 and a half years by the end of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
    I think Riga could save us, but I'd buy KM a ticket back to St Triuden if she promises not to come back. Bringing him back should be seen as an admission of failure on the owner's part.
  • Options

Even if true it solves nothing, Riga worked once but it don't mean he will again, lightening rarely strikes twice, even if he did keep us up hailing him a 2 time club hero he'll be released at the end of the season to be replaced by a permanent Belgian bloke that none of us would have heard of with no backing and no championship experience and we'll be back here in the same position this time next year!

Riga worked once, but lightning doesn't strike twice ?

Sorry but that is absolute bull. On this basis we shouldn't appoint anyone that's ever been successful.

Just appoint failures ?
  • Options
    edited January 2016

If Riga comes back then he is an actual moron. He knows that he will have no input in signings and has been screwed over by Duchatelet twice already.

Managers/coaches have an average 12 months in charge.

So you're not secure anywhere, so why not ? He liked it at Charlton and wanted to stay on.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

I think Riga could save us, but I'd buy KM a ticket back to St Triuden if she promises not to come back. Bringing him back should be seen as another admission of failure on the owner's part along with the re-signing of Roger Johnson and two other players because the squad was NOT strong enoughn.

Sorry mate just had to pad that out a little bit.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

No problem if Riga came back, but if it's only until the end of the season then it's the same merry go round as before.

Still want them out. That does not change.

Spot on. However, Riga is a massive improvement on Fraeye, should have had the job before and if he keeps us up again deserves a longer shot at it. Why he went in the first place is a mystery. Still want RD and KM out though.
  • Options
    dabos said:

I disagree that the squad is weaker than Riga's last stint

Our back 5 was Hamer, Wiggins, Dervite, Morro and Wilson/Solly. Surely that is better than what we have currently.
    When fit it would be Henderson, THD, Bauer, Williams/Johnson/Diarra and Solly.

Also, last time we had Church, Sordell & Piggott up front.
  • Options

Calling all journalists

While I will certainly feel a sense of relief is Riga is replacing Fraeye, i would nevertheless be obliged if you would ask the following questions at his first press conference

1. It appears you wanted to stay at Charlton last time, yet RD let you go. He subsequently brought you back and let you go again from Standard. Why do you feel able to work for him yet again?

2.How do you feel about the suggestions (encouraged by the man himself) that Karel Fraeye was integral to your success here last time. What (if appropriate) will be the division of responsibilities between the two of you this time?

3. How would you summarise your latest spell at Standard? Why did RD bring you in, and did you succeed in the objectives he set you? If so, why did he not retain you?

4. What can you tell us about the criminal investigation involving you and the Standard player Jonathan Legeare?. We don't expect you to comment on the case in detail, but if it is still open, can you understand why people would be nervous about your modus operandi, until such time as the investigation is closed and you are deemed innocent?

Of course the same questions and a shedload more should be asked of KM...

This is something that ought not to be dodged.