Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Riga *Might* be coming back

Comments

• Options
    He has to be his own man though. Like last time!
  • Options
    It's a joke but we all know what kind of club we are anyway nothing else can surprise us but to be fair this is not bad news for how little I think of them.
    They have attempted something.
  • Options
    I'd welcome Riga back. If he keeps this lot up I'd want him to be permanent head coach next season. He did well last time, albeit with some better players still around (morrison for example). If we have to go network again which seems to be RDs stipulation I'd be happy with Riga
  • Options
    I'm happy with Riga, though pity him for what he would have to sort out. He was a great bloke who seemed to get our club, so hope that will continue IF he is our new/old boss.
  • Options
    One hand he is someone with more managerial experience but then it shows they are not prepared to consider outside the network. Experience could help hopefully.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    They're not going anywhere soon, so think this is the best we can hope for at this time. If he can perform another miracle and keep us up, it will help in getting another owner.
  • Options
    If you continually put the cheapest tires on a car, especially 2nd hand ones eventually you are going to have a major crash.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All they really needed to do to weaken the growing protests was to hire an experienced Championship manager. I think that would have nullfied a lot of protestors. But it seems they're too pig headed even for that.
  • Options
    So Riga comes in and if by some miracle he keeps us in the division,then what. Dont get me wrong,i liked the guy when he was here,thought he did alright but i cannot stomach the idea of the belgian circus staying in charge and what they will plot to do next should survival be achieved. cant help thinking that December 2016 will have a similar smell to it as December 2015.
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:

Sorry, but I simply can't accept another Belgian. I also don't believe in 'going back' whether that is Riga or even Powelly. If the fans are accepting of Riga because of his 'success' last time then I worry that KM will state (if/when he fails) that the fans wanted him and that it vindicates the club's strategy regarding Belgians. Please, let's not play into their hands. We need an experienced, credible, non-Belgian ex-championship (or better) British manager. Gimme a Steve Clarke, Billy Davis etc. I just don't think that is on heir radar. Who follows Riga? Peters? It's a bloody farce. When will the madness end?

They are men of sufficient dignity and integrity that would not work under these mugs. That's why they limit their scope of puppets who are too spineless to speak out about how devoid of a clue their bosses are when it comes to football.
  • Options
    What happened to the 20 applications Pinnochio had? Where are they all now?

Riga is just another network employee.

• Options
    meldrew66 said:

Sorry, but I simply can't accept another Belgian. I also don't believe in 'going back' whether that is Riga or even Powelly. If the fans are accepting of Riga because of his 'success' last time then I worry that KM will state (if/when he fails) that the fans wanted him and that it vindicates the club's strategy regarding Belgians. Please, let's not play into their hands. We need an experienced, credible, non-Belgian ex-championship (or better) British manager. Gimme a Steve Clarke, Billy Davis etc. I just don't think that is on heir radar. Who follows Riga? Peters? It's a bloody farce. When will the madness end?

We will never get an experienced english manager under this regime this season. So Riga will do better than KF!
  • Options
    John3: great minds think alike!!
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:

If the fans are accepting of Riga because of his 'success' last time then I worry that KM will state (if/when he fails) that the fans wanted him and that it vindicates the club's strategy regarding Belgians. Please, let's not play into their hands.

A good point here - if Riga is re-appointed, perhaps it would be a decision that was made to split the fans, and reinforce this idea that it's only 2%.

• Options
    Cafc4life: so, who after Riga?
  • Options

meldrew66 said:

They are men of sufficient dignity and integrity that would not work under these mugs. That's why they limit their scope of puppets who are too spineless to speak out about how devoid of a clue their bosses are when it comes to football.
    Afraid that is not the description Forest fans would give to Billy Davies.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    We need a new manager immediately. We've got some half decent players, they just need organising. If Riga comes it may be enough, just, to keep us up.
  • Options
    IF Riga comes back it's a win/win for Duchatelet .. we stay up, Riga's a jeenyus .. we go down .. well we did what the customers wanted and brought back their favourite ..

Duchatelet .. listen .. WE NEED AN ENGLISH OR BRITISH MANAGER WHO UNDERSTANDS THIS DIVISION OTHERWISE WE ARE TOTALLY, IRREVOCABLY FUCKED
  • Options

Clueless.

So we are back to where we were 2 years ago albeit worse off. No ambition or progress at this club. I can't be the only one fuming at this?

He may keep us up but other than that no Charlton supporter should be happy at this. It is another two fingers up at us and an insistence that their way is best. Riga is not the man to take this club forwards nor are the owners.

They've realised the strong possibility we're going down and have repeated the Riga appointment in the hope it yields the same result....i.e. we just stay up and the fans are so relieved at that they're duped into handing over season ticket money after swallowing the shit that Murray will be peddled out to tell us that they've learned and next season will be different.

I fucking hate this board and we need them gone. This is another sham appointment and unless we want this Groundhog Day every season we need to get them out. Morons.

Clueless.

So we are back to where we were 2 years ago albeit worse off. No ambition or progress at this club. I can't be the only one fuming at this?

He may keep us up but other than that no Charlton supporter should be happy at this. It is another two fingers up at us and an insistence that their way is best. Riga is not the man to take this club forwards nor are the owners.

They've realised the strong possibility we're going down and have repeated the Riga appointment in the hope it yields the same result....i.e. we just stay up and the fans are so relieved at that they're duped into handing over season ticket money after swallowing the shit that Murray will be peddled out to tell us that they've learned and next season will be different.

I fucking hate this board and we need them gone. This is another sham appointment and unless we want this Groundhog Day every season we need to get them out. Morons.

Clueless.

Clueless.

Totally agree. Riga should have been kept on but to bring him back now is a massive kick to the left ball bag. Roland out
  • Options
    God stone: but who after Riga?
  • Options

Didn't he turn Harriet into a goal scorer by the end of the season ?

Turned him into a hatrick goal machine
  • Options
    If they have genuinely sought out & interviewed the best candidates out there & Riga is the stand out candidate - all well & good.

However they haven't - they have the acumen, imagination & creativity of a dead goldfish.
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:

God stone: but who after Riga?

They'll skip Peeters and go to Luzon.

Or borrow a manager from one of their other clubs
  • Options

Clueless.

Clueless.

Clueless.

Clueless.

Totally agree. Riga should have been kept on but to bring him back now is a massive kick to the left ball bag. Roland out
    Agree so much you quote it 4 times...I like your style but it should have been 5 to match the Belgians change in coaches
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Riga is a Course and distance winner in the championship for keeping as up from 24th place when we had to play 3 games a week for 6 weeks.(with about 17 players)

If Jose comes back he must insist on a 18 month contract,
    to prove to Duchatelet that he is in the powerful position and not Roland.

We have reached the position when reading the CL Forum that some folk are disappointed when we don't lose. (not disappointed that often LOL)
    That is a anathema to me but i do understand it.

I think we may have overtaken Tan at Cardiff and Cellino at Leeds for having the strangest owner in the championship.

This is so weird.