Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Riga *Might* be coming back

Comments

• Options
    Just say no Jose.
  • Options

Riga could always say no ta.

That'll leave em with a bit of a problem.

Just say no José

Not sure this would have been fed to the SLP if it wasn't a done deal.
  • Options
    Yep, I would like us to stay up and I would quite like someone in charge on Tuesday who can set up a team and give them clear instructions. Agree with @Covered End Riga now or Fraeye its a no brainer.
  • Options
    braydex said:

Please no! No personal issue with Riga and grateful to him for his previous stint with us...but we don't need him, or Fraeye!

With all due respect RD sacked him at standard. Didn't renew his contract at Charlton. Asked him back when standard were in shit. Didn't renew his contract at standard, and now potentially asks him back to manage Charlton now we're in shit? What self respecting manager, let alone man would say 'yes' ?

He didn't sack him at Standard. Riga resigned to go to Qatar.
  • Options

atleast he understands what Charlton means to us... But please give him longer than bloody 6months!

I wonder how he would have done without hughesy, Morro, Wilson, jacko, dyer, hamer - all big personalities - on and off the pitch - which typify the Charlton mentality that I have always known. There's just none of that left at the club now - bar jacko of course but even he seems a broken man.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

john3 said:

I went to the demonstrations both before and after the match against Forest to make my presence and feelings known, i stood there and joined in the singing not for a compromise but to join with the Charlton family in attempting to get this board and its manager out.
    Why on earth should we settle for anything less;i do not believe that by the board appointing Riga if it is true should be acceptable to us,i think it is an insult [not the man himself,he's being used to appease the "customers"] .
    Are we really going to accept this? keep standing,keep the faith and WE WILL SEE THIS THROUGH,NO COMPROMISE!

I think you're confusing 2 issues here.

You are allowed to have a good coach and still want the owners out.

I'm happy with Riga, but still want the owners out.
  • Options
    What a cheap desperate move.
  • Options
    At last, you and some others are showing indications of sense. If Riga comes it's got to be a massive improvement on Fraeye. Ranting against the owners stands no more and no less chance of succeeding than before|: i.e. none.
    If you can't get rid of them at the moment then, no need to be grateful, but be pleased with an improvement
  • Options
    F*****g Groundhog Day... we really are a music hall joke. There must be another coach in the Belgian circus that we haven't heard of; probably currently coaching Standard Liege's FC under 11's. He couldn't do any worse than the twat 'coaching' us now. I have rarely been so embarrassed watching that game yesterday, and NEVER have I left a game with 20 minutes to go I was that pissed of. KM should refund the ticket money of all of us who went, but I won't hold my breath.
  • Options

braydex said:

Please no! No personal issue with Riga and grateful to him for his previous stint with us...but we don't need him, or Fraeye!

With all due respect RD sacked him at standard. Didn't renew his contract at Charlton. Asked him back when standard were in shit. Didn't renew his contract at standard, and now potentially asks him back to manage Charlton now we're in shit? What self respecting manager, let alone man would say 'yes' ?

He didn't sack him at Standard. Riga resigned to go to Qatar.
    Push or jump....you leave the ship either way.
  • Options
    I was obviously agreeing with Covered End and not Cabbles!
  • Options

Riga could always say no ta.

That'll leave em with a bit of a problem.

Just say no José

hope this happens
  • Options
    I shall judge Riga by the terms he gets for his return. as a minimum he should be looking for
    - a contract of at least 2 years
    - keeping the players he wants over the transfer window, plus a decent budget to bring in those he needs
    - the coaching staff and assistant manager he wants
    - the title of manager rather than chief coach
    _ a commitment that KM and RD will maintain total silence on all football related matters
    - access to a good lawyer ( and that doesn't mean KM) and a good accountant
    - a much bigger salary than last time

He has twice got himself into situations where he has been well and truly shafted by football club owners both here and at Blackpool - if he allows it to happen to him a third time then he has only himself to blame.

• Options
    Come on everybody...WE'RE DESPERATE. Look at the next 4 games - I see 4 defeats unless we have a managerial change now'ish.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If true it's fucking embarrassing, these clowns are deluded arseholes
  • Options
    john3 said:

john3 said:

I went to the demonstrations both before and after the match against Forest to make my presence and feelings known, i stood there and joined in the singing not for a compromise but to join with the Charlton family in attempting to get this board and its manager out.
    Why on earth should we settle for anything less;i do not believe that by the board appointing Riga if it is true should be acceptable to us,i think it is an insult [not the man himself,he's being used to appease the "customers"] .
    Are we really going to accept this? keep standing,keep the faith and WE WILL SEE THIS THROUGH,NO COMPROMISE!

I think you're confusing 2 issues here.

You are allowed to have a good coach and still want the owners out.

I'm happy with Riga, but still want the owners out.
    Disagree ,if Riga comes in and we survive the drop that will only strengthen the current boards position to stay and say that their appointment was right and what are we complaining about. I think also that the current momentum of demonstration may loose weight as we accept the new status quo,then a few months into the new season the same old
    chestnut!!
    What!!! You want us relegated to satisfy your judgement on the owner! Odd, very odd!!!
    Welcome Riga, hope he can do it again and let's see where we end up. For me the best outcome would be for Roland to change his ways not leave. Moneybags owners do not grow on trees
  • Options
    Trouble is, if he was to accept I would question his judgement / desperation so badly I would not want him. So it's a no for me.
  • Options
    KINSELLA7 said:

At last, you and some others are showing indications of sense. If Riga comes it's got to be a massive improvement on Fraeye. Ranting against the owners stands no more and no less chance of succeeding than before|: i.e. none.
    If you can't get rid of them at the moment then, no need to be grateful, but be pleased with an improvement

Totally agree Riga would be a massive improvement on Fraye,my dog Ralph would be an improvement on Freye,so what if Riga comes in and doesnt keep us up,what about the momentum of demonstrations wasted by us as the fans accepting a fudged quick fix because RD and KM refused to budge .
    We have then merely delayed the inevitable with these lot in charge;the problem is now ,Riga might or might not abate the pain for a while like an aspirin but it wont deal with the problem.
    Saying we are ranting at the owners is a bit patronising as i believe the majority of fans in the car park were demonstraiting for a cause and with the right motives.
    Were you there ?,if so were you ranting ? If you were not there can i ask why not?
  • Options

As far as I know Steven Clark, Nigel Pearson, Tim Sherwood, Gus Poyet, Gary Monk,
    Brendan Rogers, Malky McKay are all out of work. Why doesn't Murray
    advise these Belgian clowns we need a manager with experience
    not another network (or ex network) employee?

I don't want McKay anywhere near the club. I would rather go down then see that disgrace as our manager.

Tim Sherwood is a rubbish manager, and he would never stoop so low as the Championship. I would bet against him keeping us up. Pearson is mental, the shouty-pointy thing just doesn't work as well as it used to.

I think Swansea let Monk go too early, I think he's going to turn into a brilliant manager, but he is obviously young. The rest are alright. All of them have had pretty underwhelming careers.

I'm probably one of the few who thinks if we get a decent manager in (as unlikely as that is), even if they don't have champo experience, they'll turn us around. I think the above shows the real dearth of quality British managers.

On Riga, I am happy in that it is probably the best we can hope for. I'm afraid if we leave it too long we'll get to a point where we're cut adrift or where the players simply give up because of the off-field shambles.

Right now KF is the part of the regime doing the most damage to our club.