Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*****Announcement - Coalition Against Roland Duchatelet (CARD)*****

Comments

• Options
    sammy391 said:

So what's happening now then....?
    What's the plan guys?

I would hope it wouldn't change. So they've got rid of the guy lowest on the totem pole. So what? Although he was part of the problem, the real issue is the group that put him there.

It always easy for them to blame the manager/coach without considering their own culpability. That's why we always hire contract project managers - built in scapegoat
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Firstly thank you for providing and organising a means by which we can protest forcefully against the current regime. I wonder what our manager situation would be now, had we not made our voices heard.
    For me, the appointment of Riga after this regime being reluctantly dragged to the listening corner, means little. Riga is the knee jerk reaction to virtual collapse of the first team's ability to compete in this league. That is the result of gross incompetence. Now Riga may be able to reverse this, it is equally likely he will not, in my view. Personally I am not convinced. But I sincerely hope he does. Because for the time being it will see off what would be a complete catastrophe for the club.
    Such has been the utter shambles we have witnessed in the running of this club in recent months I believe RD and co have lost the right to our support. So I will be attending the protests but not the games. We need to see a complete turnaround in their attitude towards the governance of this club and its supporters or they need to leave in my view.
  • Options
    Cambridge said:

As said, knew it wouldn't go down well, but thought it worth asking.
    To confirm, I have read hours on this site, and cannot find the answers - hence the question.
    I haven't placed money as the only criteria, but you do need money and as such a successful businessman needs to be acknowledged - same as all others who own clubs.
    I am a Charlton fan and supporter, but I honestly think you need to consider the questions and answers, as in my opinion you haven't answered a and b at all.
    As for the rest - the answer I have had is that you hope a new owner is better, and they can't be a great deal worse - wasn't that the same argument against the last lot? And the argument when the ground were chanting for Curbishley out?

I don't think you have the answers - I know I don't. But as a result I'm not joining in the vitriol of get the owners out. He is not running it how you like. Fine. But is the solution to get someone new, who may be worse (may be better, agreed). But you don't know.

Now if you were putting together a fund to buy the club, and have it run by (for example Murray as you trust him from the past) or someone else you like then that would be of interest, but just shouting, screaming, and chanting to get out the only person who currently keeps the club alive - are you lot serious?

You're bizarre.

Thank God you're so vastly outnumbered by people who believe we deserve a better future and will fight to bring that in whatever small or large way we can. The fans have saved this club before, and we're going to do it again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Cambridge-
    Of course you are entitled to give an alternate view. You sound a little condescending in giving your opinions, but if you have not been persuaded by the many articulate articles and views expressed on here, which in my view, perfectly counter your assertion that a rich man must be credible and well skilled at any venture he chooses, then I will leave you happy in your own personal beliefs :-)
  • Options

RedRag said:

Wish I could understand French - The scandalous interview with RD at Standard Liege 2013
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmUnA5Rk3sY

Will try to have a proper listen of this at some point. My French isn't that great but I think the interviewer asks him why he's changed coaches so often and he says he's using the Japanese business method of continuous change to improve (kaizen). He might have said something about each coach being better than the last - similar to the things spouted by his jumped up grad trainee CEO.
    Thanks for the interpretation. I have not come across Kaizen before but I don't think that Roland understands it, quite the opposite in fact:

Good processes bring good results
    Go see for yourself to grasp the current situation
    Speak with data, manage by facts
    Take action to contain and correct root causes of problems
    Work as a team
    Kaizen is everybody’s business

https://www.kaizen.com/about-us/definition-of-kaizen.html
  • Options

RedRag said:

Wish I could understand French - The scandalous interview with RD at Standard Liege 2013
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmUnA5Rk3sY

Will try to have a proper listen of this at some point. My French isn't that great but I think the interviewer asks him why he's changed coaches so often and he says he's using the Japanese business method of continuous change to improve (kaizen). He might have said something about each coach being better than the last - similar to the things spouted by his jumped up grad trainee CEO.
    Thanks for the interpretation. I have not come across Kaizen before but I don't think that Roland understands it, quite the opposite in fact:

Good processes bring good results
    Go see for yourself to grasp the current situation
    Speak with data, manage by facts
    Take action to contain and correct root causes of problems
    Work as a team
    Kaizen is everybody’s business

https://www.kaizen.com/about-us/definition-of-kaizen.html
    That's the David Brent business method not the Japanese one
  • Options
    Cambridge said:

To confirm, I have read hours on this site, and cannot find the answers - hence the question.
    I haven't placed money as the only criteria, but you do need money and as such a successful businessman needs to be acknowledged - same as all others who own clubs.
    I am a Charlton fan and supporter, but I honestly think you need to consider the questions and answers, as in my opinion you haven't answered a and b at all.
    As for the rest - the answer I have had is that you hope a new owner is better, and they can't be a great deal worse - wasn't that the same argument against the last lot? And the argument when the ground were chanting for Curbishley out?

I don't think you have the answers - I know I don't. But as a result I'm not joining in the vitriol of get the owners out. He is not running it how you like. Fine. But is the solution to get someone new, who may be worse (may be better, agreed). But you don't know.

Now if you were putting together a fund to buy the club, and have it run by (for example Murray as you trust him from the past) or someone else you like then that would be of interest, but just shouting, screaming, and chanting to get out the only person who currently keeps the club alive - are you lot serious?

Club employee ?
  • Options

Cambridge said:

Club employee ?
    New Head of Comms?

Good shout. Joined CL in November, around the time we heard of a new Head of Comms, wouldn't surprise me.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Cambridge said:

I am somewhat of an exiled Addick. Having been a season ticket holder for a decade, when family and work dictated I have been fairly poor at being at matches for a few years. Done more away than home!
    What I want to know is:
    a) What do CARD want? Not rhetoric or waffle, spell out for me what you want
    b) Why do you want it? Again please avoid rhetoric. We all want a "better" Charlton, but what does that mean...
    c) What makes you think you know better than a businessman who has made millions versus you who, I assume have not been successful in either business or football (am I wrong and there is a multi multi millionaire here, or ex-pro who made millions - if so, why are you not buying the club)?
    d) Who do you know who wants to buy the club? If you don't know who is buying it, then why ask RD to sell? Could push him out and get...no-one, ie. oblivion.
    e) What are their intentions for the club / background and experience in business and football.

I know this won't be popular, but seriously, if you don't have these answers then I can't support you in your actions, and other fans should think about it...

Just out of interest when was the last time you enjoyed the Valley 'match day experience' then and what was your last away game?
  • Options
    Cambridge.............You have been sussed.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    How did Redchaser get hold of that film of you, Airman?!

PS. Look carefully and you might see I was first to rumble @Cambridge...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Cambridge said:

Club employee ?
    I thought the same actually.. posting history is hardly enlightening either.
  • Options

Not just a pretty face Weegie...................me that is :wink:
  • Options
    Cambridge, is English your first language? Some of your turn of phrase suggests it may not be your native tongue?

Also, why is it that I can't help picturing a female Belgian accent when I read through your condescending points about your fellow "fans and supporters?" Very strange.....
  • Options
    Cambridge = Carol
  • Options
    Cambridge isn't that where you went to university is it?
    You have the right attitude to being a customer of a cinema or restaurant. The existence is more important than the winning as far as you are concerned. If the regime is successful you are the ideal customer. The problem the regime have is that along with myself many true supporters will be saying " I'm OUT" until you lot GET OUT

If you were a true fan you would get it.

Support the Team not the Regime aka The Muppets & Puppets
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Wow, competent start. Welcome to the Valley - it's getting hot in the kitchen, still want to come?
  • Options

COALITION AGAINST ROLAND DUCHATELET (CARD)

Campaigning Charlton fans came together on Tuesday night to formulate plans to step up protests aimed at forcing the owner Roland Duchatelet to put the club up for sale.

Supporters from Anti Roland Demos, Spell It Out and Voice of The Valley, who have all organised protests at recent matches, were joined by representatives of the Charlton Life message board and the Charlton Fans Protest Fund, as well as others.

They agreed to work together under the banner of CARD (Coalition Against Roland Duchatelet) and to follow up recent demonstrations against the owner with another major post-match rally in the west stand car park immediately following the Blackburn Rovers home game on January 23rd.

However, recognising that further and less predictable initiatives are also required, additional action will also be disclosed on the day of the Blackburn game itself.

This will not involve a pre-match demonstration in the car park, but plans are being kept flexible in order to be able to respond to developments, including around the managerial situation.

An immediate objective for the group, which is working on a series of short and medium-term actions to impact on the club, is to force significant changes in its senior management.

The meeting was also attended by observers from the board of the Charlton Athletic Supporters’ Trust. All present played a full part in discussions at a very productive and consensual meeting.

At this stage, CARD simply wants to assure Charlton fans that we are working together to try to bring a swift and positive end to the current crisis at the club.

• Options
    CARD red one this time , have my support
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    If Cambridge is saying it is only Roland they have not been paying attention. There are potential alternatives and Roland has manifestly failed, despite Katrien saying he doesn't do failure, he already has.