Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*****Announcement - Coalition Against Roland Duchatelet (CARD)*****

Comments

• Options
    After reading the original post from Cambridge I didn't want to go flying in accusing
    Cambridge said:

As said, knew it wouldn't go down well, but thought it worth asking.
    To confirm, I have read hours on this site, and cannot find the answers - hence the question.
    I haven't placed money as the only criteria, but you do need money and as such a successful businessman needs to be acknowledged - same as all others who own clubs.
    I am a Charlton fan and supporter, but I honestly think you need to consider the questions and answers, as in my opinion you haven't answered a and b at all.
    As for the rest - the answer I have had is that you hope a new owner is better, and they can't be a great deal worse - wasn't that the same argument against the last lot? And the argument when the ground were chanting for Curbishley out?

I don't think you have the answers - I know I don't. But as a result I'm not joining in the vitriol of get the owners out. He is not running it how you like. Fine. But is the solution to get someone new, who may be worse (may be better, agreed). But you don't know.

Now if you were putting together a fund to buy the club, and have it run by (for example Murray as you trust him from the past) or someone else you like then that would be of interest, but just shouting, screaming, and chanting to get out the only person who currently keeps the club alive - are you lot serious?

I don't think it was a question of the expecting your response to go down well, that certainly wasn't how I responded.
    Having read your replies it's right to question your true allegiance to Charlton Athletic. I for one can't understand how you claim to of spent "hours reading on this site" but still don't understand what everyone is questioning or fighting for.
    These issues have been brewing for 12 to 18 months now and in that time period it should've been easy to understand want was going wrong.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    @Cambridge 's stance remind me very much of one particular older gentleman who confronted @cantersaddick and I as we handed out the 2% flyers before the Ipswich game.

At the time, I was unable to verbalise my argument and probably failed to convince him as we didn't present to him the "viable alternative" he was looking for. Of course we didn't have the money to buy the club or were mates with someone who did.

It's why I'm so grateful for people such as Airman (and others) on this forum who do a cracking job of it on most of our behalfs.
  • Options
    You are very talented Nug!!

• Options
    Very moving T.C.E. but I can't believe that sense of belonging has gone forever because we're gonna fight to reclaim it, - and we will
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    T.C.E said:

One things for certain, when I said "I don't want to do this anymore" roughly this time last season, I was was unsure of my reasons. The more eloquent of the posters on here over the months have put into words exactly how I was feeling, its was never the team performance with me but the whole experience of a game day/week and something wasn't quite right with me. Even being involved with the Upbeats and the Pierre Bolangi memorial garden opening was being altered with the promise of happening on a later date and unless I've missed something today that hasn't happened (if it has I apologise).
    I read somewhere on here a poster say "Football is their life" pretty much how it was with me, I loved being part of the Covered End as a youngster, being a small part of bringing them back home, taking my children on Bettys coach to the end of the country and back umpteen times a season knowing we would get beat, sometimes they surprised us but most of the time getting an expected beating. Going to Spain in the Anglo Italian cup (Yes, Mr Newton) ;) on a coach!
    As youngsters my children wanting to spend their birthday money in the club shop with Belinda.
    My children being thanked by players outside the main entrance as they laid flowers after the tragic accident that took Pierre Bolangi's life. The disappointment on the faces of my children when they found out they wasn't old enough to help cleaning the seats or painting the fences before the season started.
    If it was about trophies and points week in week out I would have supported Liverpool who were winning everything, but with me it was that ramshackle old ground at the bottom of Charlton Church Lane a ground that felt I belonged I felt a part of and later in life it was part of my childrens lives.
    Sadly at the same stage as I did in life my children drifted away to start families and unlike me never returned, as my Grandchildren came along I looked forward to bringing them along (and did for a short while).
    Being a small part in the CL football match at the Valley that raised a small fortune for charity, and who can forget our charity single? (3blokes) taking part in 3 half marathons in five years once again spurred on by Charlton fans, going on to get involved with the Charlton Upbeats and loving every minute of it. These things to me are what being a Charlton supporter are about, yes, the game itself was important but not, life or death it is still a game. Its what revolves around the 90 minutes that make a football club and what made Charlton Athletic different from 91 other football clubs. Sadly it has gone for me although I hope it returns, but I fear the longer it goes on the less likely it is to happen. 52 years of good times and sad times as part of the Charlton family and we have parted our ways, I never say never so I'll settle for unlikely.

What's that word, oh yes. THIS x1000. Great read mate. Those days will return pal, we, the supporters, will get our club back
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

One things for certain, when I said "I don't want to do this anymore" roughly this time last season, I was was unsure of my reasons. The more eloquent of the posters on here over the months have put into words exactly how I was feeling, its was never the team performance with me but the whole experience of a game day/week and something wasn't quite right with me. Even being involved with the Upbeats and the Pierre Bolangi memorial garden opening was being altered with the promise of happening on a later date and unless I've missed something to date that hasn't happened (if it has I apologise).
    I read somewhere on here a poster say "Football is their life" pretty much how it was with me, I loved being part of the Covered End as a youngster, being a small part of bringing them back home, taking my children on Bettys coach to the end of the country and back umpteen times a season knowing we would get beat, sometimes they surprised us but most of the time getting an expected beating. Going to Spain in the Anglo Italian cup (Yes, Mr Newton) ;) on a coach!
    As youngsters my children wanting to spend their birthday money in the club shop with Belinda.
    My children being thanked by players outside the main entrance as they laid flowers after the tragic accident that took Pierre Bolangi's life. The disappointment on the faces of my children when they found out they wasn't old enough to help cleaning the seats or painting the fences before the season started.
    If it was about trophies and points week in week out I would have supported Liverpool who were winning everything, but with me it was that ramshackle old ground at the bottom of Charlton Church Lane a ground that felt I belonged I felt a part of and later in life it was part of my childrens lives.
    Sadly at the same stage as I did in life my children drifted away to start families and unlike me never returned, as my Grandchildren came along I looked forward to bringing them along (and did for a short while).
    Being a small part in the CL football match at the Valley that raised a small fortune for charity, and who can forget our charity single? (3blokes) taking part in 3 half marathons in five years once again spurred on by Charlton fans, going on to get involved with the Charlton Upbeats and loving every minute of it. These things to me are what being a Charlton supporter are about, yes, the game itself was important but not, life or death it is still a game. Its what revolves around the 90 minutes that make a football club and what made Charlton Athletic different from 91 other football clubs. Sadly it has gone for me although I hope it returns, but I fear the longer it goes on the less likely it is to happen. 52 years of good times and sad times as part of the Charlton family and we have parted our ways, I never say never so I'll settle for unlikely.

Lovely read Ray :-) God yes I still remember us both almost blowing smoke out of our arses at the end one of those half marathons! But luckily we were well able to deal with the appalling agony and torment, having had years of experience watching Charlton play ;-)
    As Prince said try and come along to the protests. Even if we just dive back into the Liberal for a pint or ten in between voicing our displeasure :-)
    You'll be back Ray at some point. We all do. I know that ;-)
  • Options
    RDG said:

Re. the protest post-match on Jan 23. How can we cause more disruption/inconvenience for club while staying on the right side of the law? Blockage of entrances/exits? Refusal to leave, forcing overtime for security? I'm at a bit of a loss as to what another hour-long sing song is going to achieve. I'll be there, but feel like it needs to have some real impact beyond the visual if it's to get any pick up in the media.

Absolutely. Blocking of entrances, at least that into the West Stand. Frankly I think what should be done is for everyone to chain themselves together in a line to block any entrance to the ground for the players in order to get the game called off.

Even better would be to get as many people together to go to Staprix in Belgium because that's the only way to inconvenience the man himself other than financially.
  • Options

RedRag said:

Should be RED CARD and we should all hold up red cards to RD

Erm... Some ideas are worth keeping to yourself.
    I think that in terms of marketing this 'coalition' to the media 'Red Card' would work much better than just 'Card' which has no meaning other than as an acronym.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

RedRag said:

Wish I could understand French - The scandalous interview with RD at Standard Liege 2013
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmUnA5Rk3sY

Will try to have a proper listen of this at some point. My French isn't that great but I think the interviewer asks him why he's changed coaches so often and he says he's using the Japanese business method of continuous change to improve (kaizen). He might have said something about each coach being better than the last - similar to the things spouted by his jumped up grad trainee CEO.
    I could translate all of this relatively easily (if it wasn't for the awful music) but quite honestly I'd be wasting my time because the bloke is just talking absolute rubbish and is very dismissive of the questions. He is an absolute tosser.
  • Options

@Cambridge - maybe one of the last RD apologists, very thin on the ground now. Maybe being distant from the Club hasn't exposed you to exactly how bad things are and if fans like me, a season ticket holder every season since the early eighties, can walk away next season then trust me things are bad. Thanks for telling us you wont be donating though, much appreciated.

By the way we know of a prospective new owner, put forward by PV the ex CEO, and he wouldn't have done so unless he thought them a better bet than Roland. I'd suggest you have not read this site as much as you claim otherwise you would be more than aware of that.

Large is back! I still love you bro. You tell 'em.
  • Options
    anyone follow @mikejwhite on twitter quality blog, sums up everything I feel
  • Options
    Thanks grapevine, illuminating
  • Options

Why dont we send a scarf to all the people in the media who have highlighted our battle get them to take a picture and tweet, Stan Collymore, Colin Murray, Matt Holland, BBC Radio London, Ian Wright, will get more extensive coverage.

What do the scarves stand for now - "Spell Out" what ?

THE COALITION wants them out not to Spell it Out. Doesn't it ?
  • Options
    They are a symbol of the fans fight to get him out end of. What is your take of the present situation, I know, you post a lot of things tongue in cheek but dont think I have ever seen what you actually think ?
  • Options
    Has @Cambridge posted since he got Fraeye got relieved of his duties?