Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*****Announcement - Coalition Against Roland Duchatelet (CARD)*****

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2016

They are a symbol of the fans fight to get him out end of. What is your take of the present situation, I know, you post a lot of things tongue in cheek but dont think I have ever seen what you actually think ?

I have posted my thoughts before.

I'm fairly ambivalent towards it all. Some things have been good many have not been.

I like Riga and hope it works out with him over the rest of the season and beyond.

RD may not be the best football club owner but I don't think any amount of emails, scarves or foot stamping will make him do anything he doesn't want to do.

And above all....it's only football. The hysteria and "I'm more upset than you" bullshit is laughable.

Finally, I believe (rightly or wrongly) that some people are only in "it" for personal gain and /or retribution.
  • Options

Cambridge is indeed perfectly entitled to a view but I must suggest the list of questions posed somewhat ignore the current situation.

They appear to ignore the evidence of the past 2yrs which to an increasing number of people suggests the club under this stewardship has no future as a viable professional football organisation. Any assertion if not Staprix then who else? for many can no longer be an issue.

Under this regime all the evidence strongly suggests there will be no longer be a Charlton Athletic Football Club worthy of its history, its community, its supporters or its name. It is such a future an increasing number of people are striving to avoid.

Peel back the façade and it is not difficult to understand the remit of the current ownership. M. Duchatelet is not an owner. He is an investor. There is nothing overtly clever or unique in his current approach.

He was an investor during his time with St Truiden, investing in the ground infrastructure and exploiting adjacent commercial opportunities. The club now pays rent to the Duchatelet family to use the ground.

He was investor at Standard Liege taking € 30mn in dividends before selling for € 15-20mn against a reported purchase price of € 34mn

He is an investor with Charlton with in effect a quasi leveraged purchase. His investment vehicle is Staprix NV. Staprix is merely operating as a lender of first resort. The investment in Charlton is not by way of equity but it is by way of debt - a debt sitting on the clubs' books in favour of Staprix. The clubs operational trading deficit is funded by way of debt to Staprix.

As an investor Staprix is therefore only interested in Charltons long term ability to meet its debt obligations. It is the clubs "bank manager" with the challenge the club and "the bank" are under common ownership.

To meet its long term trading and debt obligations Duchatelet has chosen an inexperienced and unproven executive to pursue an untried and unproven business model which argues to the fundamentals of the football industry in the UK. Unlike any of our competitors the acquisition and use of non fixed assets are simply for the club to meet its financial obligations NOTHING MORE - NOTHING LESS.

The non fixed assets to you and me are known as players.

Investment in non fixed assets is made against 2 financial benchmarks, 1) the preservation of Championship status revenues 2) the attributes of each individual asset to generate future sales revenue.

There is no aspiration or investment being made for the club first team to perform beyond Benchmark 1.

The club executive performance has abysmally failed to meet these benchmarks, with our Championship status under threat and with the failure of the Watt transfer meaning not one player acquired under this executive has generated any profitable revenue. Even that would have arisen because Duchatelet "stitched up" Standard Liege by effecting his "free" transfer from the Belgium club.

Their modus operandi argues against the fundamental of the English game, fails to recognise the breadth and depth of competition of the English leagues, which far outweighs anything on the continent, meaning their business plan is flawed and unsustainable at any meaningful level of the game.

Their concept of the "match day experience" beyond the events occurring on the field of play reveals their total misunderstanding of the market place in which they are trading.

Any prospective purchaser who can display any understanding of the English football industry, chooses to employ people with both the business and playing experience required and can manage the communication to, and the inclusion of those keen to see the club do well will have a fighting chance to compete in the English leagues. Of course there are no guarantees of success but there never are.

None of us can know what other options are available to the club going forward. To suggest CARD need to be in a position at this point to know exactly who other interested parties may be, the level of their interest and whether any transfer of ownership is possible is beyond unreasonable.

Anyone with commercial experience would know it is not how the business world works. Indeed the clubs very acquisition by Duchatelet speaks to such a scenario.

I think that is one of the best posts I have ever read on CL.
    To use a popular expression, I reckon you nailed the situation totes, Grapevine.
    Beyond depressing. Poor old Charlton. All we wanted was a decent owner that cared about the club.
    Roland's tentacles are going to be round this club for years, I fear.
    We just have to keep up the opposition to his awful vision for this football club.
  • Options
    Good Twitter feed
  • Options
    slightly disturbing... bit like a secret challenge from ant and dec in the jungle. what you gonna make us do?!
  • Options
    Clever idea - Club can't prepare for it in advance. Good work those behind CharltonCARD. Most important for them to really branch out on twitter, tweet celebrities get retweets etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've just been told to assemble 50 spools of black paracord for next week!?!?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

They are a symbol of the fans fight to get him out end of. What is your take of the present situation, I know, you post a lot of things tongue in cheek but dont think I have ever seen what you actually think ?

I'm fairly ambivalent towards it all. Some things have been good many have not been.

I like Riga and hope it works out with him over the rest of the season and beyond.

RD may not be the best football club owner but I don't think any amount of emails, scarves or foot stamping will make him do anything he doesn't want to do.

And above all....it's only football. The hysteria and "I'm more upset than you" bullshit is laughable.

Finally, I believe (rightly or wrongly) that some people are only in "it" for personal gain and /or retribution.
    Read it through and what does he actually say about what he thinks? Nothing really.

To sum up he doesn't actually have a view or anything to say other it's not important to him so he can't see why it important to others and as he doesn't like some of the people complaining he accuses them of base motives.
  • Options
    I'm touched that you care enough to reply, but please don't worry yourself with anything whatsoever to do with me
  • Options
    PL54 said:

I knew it. PL54 you old softy you. And I agree with your stance.

It reminds me of the Jews living in Nazi occupied Poland.

"He's not all that bad. Look at this nice tatoo I've got on my arm."
  • Options
    Dear All, Two quick points; i) has anyone considered launching a Black and White Card? (instead of the Red Card) ii) it is really important that Charlton fans remain respectful and keep their dignity during the crisis, it's what makes us a special club.
  • Options

@Cambridge 's stance remind me very much of one particular older gentleman who confronted @cantersaddick and I as we handed out the 2% flyers before the Ipswich game.

At the time, I was unable to verbalise my argument and probably failed to convince him as we didn't present to him the "viable alternative" he was looking for. Of course we didn't have the money to buy the club or were mates with someone who did.

It's why I'm so grateful for people such as Airman (and others) on this forum who do a cracking job of it on most of our behalfs.

I remember this particular man.. His problem is he didn't want to hear an answer. Every time either of us tried to answer him or raise a point he just raised his voice and said "what's the alternative". He also refused to answer me when I said "do you think the club is being run well?" So I lost patience and just ignored him.

I feel with some people they don't want to try and see the other side of view so it's best to just leave them...
  • Options
    TWO DOWN. HOW LONG'S LEFT?
  • Options
    Two down??
  • Options
    Haven't read all 7 pages so apologies if it has been mentioned.

Have any Blackburn supporter groups been contacted and asked for their help?

They are of course a club that have had their own issues in recent years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BR3red said:

PL54 said:

I'm touched that you care enough to reply, but please don't worry yourself with anything whatsoever to do with me

1-0 BR3red
  • Options

TWO DOWN. HOW LONG'S LEFT?

Do you reckon KM has gone?

• Options

PL54 said:

I knew it. PL54 you old softy you. And I agree with your stance.

It reminds me of the Jews living in Nazi occupied Poland.

"He's not all that bad. Look at this nice tatoo I've got on my arm."
    Easy, Tiger!
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

I've just been told to assemble 50 spools of black paracord for next week!?!?

thank god it wasn't a box of rubber gloves and all the men over 50.
  • Options

@Cambridge 's stance remind me very much of one particular older gentleman who confronted @cantersaddick and I as we handed out the 2% flyers before the Ipswich game.

At the time, I was unable to verbalise my argument and probably failed to convince him as we didn't present to him the "viable alternative" he was looking for. Of course we didn't have the money to buy the club or were mates with someone who did.

It's why I'm so grateful for people such as Airman (and others) on this forum who do a cracking job of it on most of our behalfs.

I remember this particular man.. His problem is he didn't want to hear an answer. Every time either of us tried to answer him or raise a point he just raised his voice and said "what's the alternative". He also refused to answer me when I said "do you think the club is being run well?" So I lost patience and just ignored him.

I feel with some people they don't want to try and see the other side of view so it's best to just leave them...
    But now we know there is an alternative, that's probably the most important revelation in many a year for Charlton supporters as it completely undermines the principal argument of anyone not up for protesting against the regime.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    3blokes said:

Roland's tentacles are going to be round this club for years, I fear.

The tentacle is chasing Fraeye out of the building.
  • Options
    you were up early
  • Options
    I set my alarm specifically to write a concerning post to you.

Actually 5 hours behind.