Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks v's Hull match thread 16/01/16

Comments

• 20 MK Dons 27 -16 26
    21 Rotherham 27 -15 24
    22 Bristol City 27 -22 24
    23 Charlton 27 -32 20
    24 Bolton 27 -24 17
  • FT stats, addicks first
    possession.......33% - 67%
    shots on........... 3 - 10
    shots off.......... 3 - 17
    corners............ 1 - 6

GOALS.............. 0 - 6
  • edited January 2016
    At least if Meire has gone into hiding there'll be plenty of room in the basket on the way home
  • edited January 2016

ct_addick said:

Players need to take a lot of blame for this ! Stealing a living a lot of them. Wearing blinkers if you think our academy produces good players ! I'm done with this shower fuck off you Belgian wankers

Gomez, Jenkinson, Shelvey, Solly, Cousins, even Poyet first time around. Plus Huddart, Palmer and others says we have a great youth set up. Trouble is no youth team ever produces 7/8 players a season good enough to get into a Championship team. It is utterly impossible so if you build a strategy around that whilst selling off the absolute cream that come through speech year then you are an idiot.
    How many of our academy products are actually playing in the premier league?
    Shelvey, Jenks, Elliot, Gomez, Defoe... For starters
  • I expect she is in Costa Coffee having a latte and a dessert. A mere trifle, you might say.
  • One down, FOUR to go.
  • Don't think jacko's kids and missus are gonna be eating until the end of the season :neutral:
  • So expect Blackburn to score 7 then...

Funny, just said that to a hammer over here
  • and I thought we had hit Rock bottom last week. How wrong was I?
  • Sponsored links:

• Bristol city sack their manager and get a win immediately

Against the team at the top...
  • I expect she is in Costa Coffee having a latte and a dessert. A mere trifle, you might say.

If she was in Costa Teguise i'd find her......
  • ct_addick said:

Players need to take a lot of blame for this ! Stealing a living a lot of them. Wearing blinkers if you think our academy produces good players ! I'm done with this shower fuck off you Belgian wankers

Gomez, Jenkinson, Shelvey, Solly, Cousins, even Poyet first time around. Plus Huddart, Palmer and others says we have a great youth set up. Trouble is no youth team ever produces 7/8 players a season good enough to get into a Championship team. It is utterly impossible so if you build a strategy around that whilst selling off the absolute cream that come through speech year then you are an idiot.
    So that's 5 players since 1999. One player every 3 years...Not much of a strategy, RD.
  • Could be worse....

Imagine if we had a rich Asian owner who wanted to change the club name...to Greenwich Eagles or Woolwich Lions
  • Randolph is at a Premiership club but doesn't get many games.
  • Could be worse....

Imagine if we had a rich Asian owner who wanted to change the club name...to Greenwich Eagles or Woolwich Lions

I think we'd take that right now.
  • ct_addick said:

So that's 5 players since 1999. One player every 3 years...Not much of a strategy, RD.
    Add Arter & Elliot to the list
  • Bristol city sack their manager and get a win immediately

Against the team at the top...
    who hadnt let a goal in for about 9 games.
  • I just hope the coach driver has driven off without the team. Useless.
  • Sponsored links:

• ct_addick said:

This current crop are not good enough for championship and these idiots are basing our future on the academy !
  • ct_addick said:

ct_addick said:

This current crop are not good enough for championship and these idiots are basing our future on the academy !
    Bit harsh. The reason they are struggling is mis-management.
  • Jayajosh said:

Ha ha, 6-0 and I still have a job!

At first I thought you'd posted a picture of a donkey
  • 2016 league results, played 3, 1 point, goals 4 = 1 goals against = 12...........
  • edited January 2016
    So still playing - an academy team:

GK: Elliott
    DEF: Jenkinson - Gomez - Ajayi - Konchesky
    CDM: Poyet
    CM: Parker - Arter
    CAM: Shelvey
    ST: Defoe - Wagstaff
  • Rob7Lee said:

2016 league results, played 3, 1 point, goals 4 = 1 goals against = 12...........

Sigh, just over a week ago we were unbeaten in 2016.
  • Thing is our youth is excellent and we have just come through a purple patch BUT it is a bonus that should compliment the squad not make up most of it.
  • Who oh why oh why oh why (ad infinitum) can't we have:

Hendo
    Solly
    Morrison
    Dervite
    Wiggins
    Wagstaff JBG
    Diarra
    Jackson
    Stephens
    Someone Vetokele (August 2014 form)
    Kermorgant

Why was this destroyed and replaced by a squad that apparently costs 40% more. This team would have done ok and been proud to play in that red shirt. It is so obvious.

Am I and others being wise after the event? No. We all knew. Well, most of us did.

what a team we could have had
  • Great time for a debut. 5 nil down and playing up front on his own.

Jesus f'ing Christ.

Who cares about results - we're putting another youngster in the shop window ;-)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!