Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Parkes The only CAFC Representative

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2016
  • Options
    What is Chris Parkes job ? Everyone keeps saying he does a great job, and I'm not knocking that, but what does he do ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

What is Chris Parkes job ? Everyone keeps saying he does a great job, and I'm not knocking that, but what does he do ?

fixtures and everything to do with them

and admin / compliance around player signings

and stuff
  • Options
    The problem is Muttley, she's now got her own article in the South London Press.
  • Options
    From March 2014

Joining the Addicks as Company Secretary in 1988, Parkes moved on to his role as Club Secretary, concentrating solely on footballing matters when Charlton returned to The Valley in 1992 as the business grew

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140609-club-secretary-honoured-with-long-service-award-1626744.aspx#qOsOPAKoz3JDk8pr.99
  • Options
    Long service award, yet no pension scheme. What a grateful employer.

I'd love to know how much Mrs Parkes spent watching Charlton last weekend.

There's supporting your husband and then there's sycophancy.
  • Options
    think its all a bit sad tbh
  • Options

I don’t know her personally, but have no doubt that Sue is a nice lady and it probably isn’t too much of a leap in the dark to assume that she gets on with Katrien. The protestors are nameless fans and she sides with the circle she is in. She sides with her upset friend. The club employs her husband and I think he does a good job and has always done so. I think it is fair that he needs to be loyal to the people who are paying him, and hopefully there will be different people paying him soon. As for Sue, let her have her opinions. We have ours. But please don’t make her a target. I know she has said some things that will anger fans, but I think we should understand why she might think that way and rise above her comments. I do think she would be better off not saying them and maybe Chris should have a word as neither of them should be involved in this battle, in the same way it doesn't help when players are.

Please, as Muttley says, let's not lose the focus. It is RD and KM, and whilst Sue (who I don't know) would be better keeping out of the limelight, let's not turn this into a backlash against the Parkes. They sound good people, loyal fans, and she is clearly supporting the regime as she sees fit.
  • Options

Please, as Muttley says, let's not lose the focus. It is RD and KM, and whilst Sue (who I don't know) would be better keeping out of the limelight, let's not turn this into a backlash against the Parkes. They sound good people, loyal fans, and she is clearly supporting the regime as she sees fit.

Unfortunately, the regime haven't done much communicating besides pointing the BBC in the direction of the Community Trust. So Richard Murray's promise of more communication hasn't yet been delivered, and rightly or wrongly the SLP have picked up on Sue's refrain from pitch invasion plea as a result.

If the club had opened dialogue with CAST after Murray's Q&A, I don't think the SLP story about pitch invasion warnings would have appeared.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
  • Options

She should post whatever she wants a and Chris shouldn't advise her to do anything, we can not have a moan that the club are stifling opinion by players being unable to attend fan meetings, Yet advocate the silence of another fan,

She shouldn't, because she is party to confidential information and discussions by virtue of the fact that she is at every game in the boardroom. Since she is outside the club's control, she is the only one exercising judgement over what she discloses. If she wants that access and the level of free hospitality she has enjoyed from the club for decades, she should have the common sense to keep quiet. Chris may be able to argue that he is working on matchdays - nobody else takes their wife to work.
    Richard Madeley? Eamonn Holmes? Prince Philip?
  • Options
    edited January 2016

This is why I don't like these threads
  • Options
    edited January 2016

• Options

She is a woman in her 60s who for whatever reason believes a different objective to most on here, I'd hope every single person on this thread wouldnt make personal remarks to a 60 yr old lady and just accept it's her right to hold that view,

I vehemently disagree with what she says but she is not the enemy nor should any criticisms be personal. Save that for the fragrant Ms Meire!!!
  • Options

She is a woman in her 60s who for whatever reason believes a different objective to most on here, I'd hope every single person on this thread wouldnt make personal remarks to a 60 yr old lady and just accept it's her right to hold that view,

She can hold whatever view she likes as can I as an over 60s man, if you can't stand the heat and all that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Got a tad messy now, not sure I agree with SLP taking comments on Facebook and then running a story like that whatever she's said. Although her comments have been foolish of late on the group to say the least. I'm sure Sue will be biting her tounge a lot more in he future

There is zero chance of a pitch invasion on Saturday anyway. This is Charlton remember!

When the seventh goal goes in it's almost nailed-on.
  • Options

She can hold whatever view she likes as can I as an over 60s man, if you can't stand the heat and all that.
    Then maybe put the heat on in a kitchen that she is also cooking in Pete - to continue the metaphor? Have it our with her there, rather than on a platform where she does not have the opportunity to defend her position?
  • Options

HarryLime said:

I don’t know Chris nor Sue, but some of the stuff she is spouting on the face of it seems like it could be coming from the mouth of Meire. Now I have no problem with people with different views to myself, but she is becoming the spokesperson of Duchatelet. Whilst the others are bunkering down in their fox hole she is still chanting the mantra. The cynic in me feels that Meire, who seems to very charming on a one to one level, has engineered a friendship here whereby her case can be put forward whilst not having to answer any relevant questions put by any nasty journalist.
    If I knew Chris or Sue, I’d tell Sue to button it for a bit, she is being used.

This is what happens when there is a vacuum of communication.
    Let's face it, she is now the voice of the club. I'm nearly tempted to join Faceache just so I can see her words of wisdom for myself.
  • Options

Then maybe put the heat on in a kitchen that she is also cooking in Pete - to continue the metaphor? Have it our with her there, rather than on a platform where she does not have the opportunity to defend her position?
    Don't do Facebook or Twitter but next time I see her will tell her what I think of her comments, as I am sure she will tell me what she thinks of mine we are both big, old and ugly enough to do that.
  • Options
    Our enemy is not those that hold alternative views and hold little to no influence on anything cafc related to those who pull the trigger

Her tone doesnt come across well and tbh I cant see why she is posting the things shenis how she does, but she should be encouraged to continue to do so, because its on emotion it could well let out a tit bit or two that assists the end goal for us, plus surely she is being seen as loyal to km and therefore safe guarding her husbands postion, its totally understandable to be me her actions
  • Options

Sue is indeed a very nice and gentle lady and we have stayed in touch. She is entitled to hold her views even though they are based on a level of ignorance which is frankly worrying.
    Whether or not she has been wise to publicize her views is highly debatable. I think she has been used and the fear of Chris losing his job Is doubtless in the forefront of her mind. She may also feel a misguided loyalty to a personable female CEO. I really don't know but let it go, she is wrong, we all agree on that and there are more pressing issues which deserve our attention.

Totally agree. She should also quit as a moderator on Facebook as that is nonseniscal for someone who is married to someone senior within organisation that the site is all about
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!