Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Parkes The only CAFC Representative

Comments

• Options

mogodon said:

We seem to have one lady who won't say a word to anyone and another who doesn't know when to stop digging! This is from today.

Almost sounds like she is coming round to "support the team (and staff), not the regime"?

Her initial post makes it seem like that but what she says in the comments shows how deluded she really is.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    se9addick said:

seth plum said:

There is an implication that we, the fans, don't know the half of it.

I may be wrong but I think her whole argument is built on the point the club was in a bad financial situation before RD arrived, and to quote her 'You have to be careful what you wish for in life. The grass isn't always greener.'
    Does that then suggest that the club is in a good financial position now ? It's the same argument that Merire trots out but I'm not sure it stands up to scrutiny - we are still tens of millions of pounds in debt and still losing millions every season.

To reiterate our financial position since RD came in

- Turnover is the same pretty much (so much for improving the match day experience)

- "Football costs" (player salaries etc) are almost 100% of revenue, almost double the recommended level (remember Katrien saying what a brilliant job she's done at signing up all our players to longish term contracts, this is the result of her handiwork)

- In Roland's first full season we lost £3.8m, God knows what it will be this season

Roland is wealthy, but that doesn't mean we are financially secure.
    Exactly. Yes he's paying the immediate bills but isn't it all leveraged in the form of debt due to staprix? At 3% too I'm sure I read which is a nice return in this economy.

People can allow themselves to be fooled including Murray that he's our financial saviour but ultimately it is the football equivalent of allowing Wonga to pay your monthly mortgage payments. Great until the debt gets called in and far more catastrophic than our financial positions previously in the long term perhaps.

Wasn't this part of the green and yellowbrigade's argument at Manchester United with the Glaziers? The potential jeopardy of such substantial debt leveraged against the club? At least they had sufficient global presence and associated revenue on s continue basis to mitigate exposure and also no shortage of likely takeovers if their owners get bored and decide to pull the plug.

We don't.
  • Options
    "I firmly believe we will achieve success craved by all"

In the week after we lose to statistically the worst team in England (which I think is us now), are thrashed 5-0 by a relegation rival and follow that up with a 6-0 hammering.

I think we're taking about 8,000 steps backwards.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I just got a flag from SoundAs£.

He's alive!!!
  • Options

I've nothing to say on the matter except bbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Is he expected to be in midfield on Saturday?

I'd rather have Sue Parkes.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I've nothing to say on the matter except bbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Is he expected to be in midfield on Saturday?

I'd rather have Sue Parkes.
    How tall is she?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    She's obviously another that loves the attention.

Our protests will cause the club more humiliation than any owner could?

I think even if fifty of us invaded the pitch, dropped our kecks and shat in front of the directors box, what the present Owner has done to Charlton thus far would still be more humiliating for the club.

I genuinely can't think of anything more humiliating than what the 'work' of Duchatelet, Miere, Murray and their flotsam managers head coaches puppets have done to CAFC.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

The implied threat is as we're very naughty, Roland will shut the club down.

He's not doing a bad job of it.
  • Options
    I have absolutely no time for Sue Parkes- she is a free-loader
  • Options
    Well I have been called a few things in my time, and sometimes quite rightly, but I think that is the first time I have been called a mindless idiot :-)
    I seem to be some sort of Hate Filled Sheep from Maidstone....
    Anyway, I don't know if anyone can answer this question, but if Roland does indeed go at some point, is it possible he could end up leasing the Valley and facilities back to us? Is there the possibility that he might still end up with his hands in the coffers if he goes? I find that almost the most depressing thought of all, that even after he goes he doesn't quite cut off his revenue stream. I think he did something along these lines with another club he trashed didn't he?
  • Options
    Mackle said:

Bubble said:

I'm considered more disruptive to the players than Karel Fraeye - This is the worst Monday ever!

Enjoy your Monday you bunch of sheep!!

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I think Karel Fraeye is the case that proves the point of those protesting. After two years, to appoint an obscure interim manager from a failing third division club, speaks bucketloads about how little RD/KM know of the division or think of our club.
    By the time Fraeye was appointed they'd had enough time to realise what the division is all about. Either Roland has the blinkers on or someone on the UK side of the operation hasn't been clear on what is required to survive in the Championship.

The fact that Roland doesn't watch live games means he is ill equipped to gauge the feeling around the club, and see how tough things really are on the pitch.

I don't believe he watches all of the games as KM stated either, because if he did, he wouldn't keep funding the type of players we keep getting. Well I hope he wouldn't anyway because it's obvious to everyone they are not up to scratch.
  • Options
    Protest and survive. Protest seems absolutely right but what lingers in my mind is that I don't have a clue about the offering brokered by PV. That just tempers my protest instincts a tad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "I feel we may need to step a step backwards before two forwards she says.

Listen, if RD stays around we will be taking 3 backwards (to the Conference) before going forward.

• Options
    Muttley, in a way I think that Sue's comments are useful in that they offer an insight in to the feeling within the club.

Or... maybe she is a genius who is actually trying to rally an uprising whilst appearing to be onside with the owners ;-)
  • Options

Hey there I am! :-)
    I look a right troublemaker....

• Options
    So to paraphrase The Wise Woman:

'Accept what's going on or piss off'
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Actually I would have thought that the trust position would be even more entrenched in having meaningful dialogue - the club says it will have improved communication, the masses are very angry and upset at the continued behavior of the owners to the point of protesting, now more so then ever with the formation of CARD it's vital that the club are able to instigate some kind of dialogue with CAST.

If the club have said that communication has been an issue that will be resolved, the option of dialogue with CAST is there but continuously not taken, it makes the CARD cause look more and more justified.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!