Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Parkes The only CAFC Representative

Comments

• Options
    Sue's husband is the Club Secretary. He still has a job. The club, no matter who owns it, is in their blood.
    I would expect someone in her position to defend the club.
  • Options

Sue's husband is the Club Secretary. He still has a job. The club, no matter who owns it, is in their blood.
    I would expect someone in her position to defend the club.

I have no problem with her views - she is entitled to them however much I think they are wrong - and accept that she has a sense of loyalty because of her husband's position and a duty to keep the more extreme ones to herself because, rightly or wrongly, she is seen as semi establishment. As she has implied herself, she knows things happening behind the scenes that we don't.

When those views are to arrogantly rubbish protesters, tell them they need to respect the board and insult the VOTV for 'leaking' an email which highlights the dismal way the club is run, I believe she has crossed the line. Just as she accuses protesters of rudeness etc etc, she then falls into the same trap when talking about them/us.
  • Options
    Rob said:

Who was it who said "Forgive them, for they know not what they are doing". Or something like that anyway.

Jesus?
  • Options
    I'd say the regime was slipping something in the complimentary drinks/food for this brainwashing, arrogant, senile approach to be growing.

However, Murray's been like this for ten years now so that voids that idea!
  • Options
    God knows what she'd think if we were like Leeds fans etc - the shit would have hit the fan ages ago.

The owners are very lucky we are so generally passive. The fact that we have all now mobilised in itself shows you the state OUR club is in.

Yes she's entitled her opinion (if she actually has one of her own) but reading her stuff just makes you feel embarrassed for her.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Up the anti this Saturday ad infinitum until the circus leaves town, the message needs to be made a little bit clearer obviously;

Calling all fans, YOUR CARD NEEDS YOU !

Edit; @Nug or @Stig this poster needs a proper job :wink:
  • Options
    Who knows perhaps she doesn't really believe it but with her husband being an employee could have genuine concerns about job security and the possibility of the owner leaving could result in permanent job loss.

Still disagree with her comments but could understand motives for kidding yourself that this regime isn't the flock of wallies they have shown themselves to be.

Plus there were a lot of flat caps at the protest and some were even smoking cigarettes so I can see why it may have appeared somewhat uncouth.
  • Options
    Mackle said:

Rob said:

Who was it who said "Forgive them, for they know not what they are doing". Or something like that anyway.

Jesus?
    Correct
  • Options
    I knew we'd get the blame for all this.

Katrien has already scribed her leaving speech for the Belgian press stating 'its the fans wot dun it'

A coward and a liar to the bitter end.
  • Options
    If Sue Parkes is aware of plausible explanations she should utter them rather than telling us all we are not being disrespected and that nothing could be better without the Clowns in charge when there is clear evidence to the contrary. I don't expect to be told the inner most decision-making at the club or consulted on any decisions but these people say absolute nothing unless forced to and then they insult us when they do. Presumably, Sue has heard evidence to support the fact that every manager we have signed has been a success and better than the last? Facebook is a looking glass to the shallowness of some people and Sue is one of them. "Wife of the Secretary" apologising for her husbands employers.
  • Options
    There is an implication that we, the fans, don't know the half of it. If we're supposed to be building a better tomorrow together then why not tell us this great hinterland of information in order to stop us being rabble roused?

I believe enough of us fans have long ago worked out how bad things are, and indeed will be, as long ago as the much derided G21 group certainly.

To use Grapevines term 'delicious irony', it is ironic that in this 'together' season the club and fans are at war.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

There is an implication that we, the fans, don't know the half of it.

I may be wrong but I think her whole argument is built on the point the club was in a bad financial situation before RD arrived, and to quote her 'You have to be careful what you wish for in life. The grass isn't always greener.'
  • Options
    Jesus christ, Admin would have been preferable to this shower.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Up the anti this Saturday ad infinitum until the circus leaves town, the message needs to be made a little bit clearer obviously;

RedChaser said:

Be better if it was a picture of Killer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's a slightly odd situation, where the wife of a respected club employee has ended up being the defender of the owners on the main Facebook site. It's silly, as it's an argument she's never going to win, and it shouldn't be her defending the club, as she's not (a) a neutral employee or (b) a club official
  • Options

seth plum said:

I may be wrong but I think her whole argument is built on the point the club was in a bad financial situation before RD arrived, and to quote her 'You have to be careful what you wish for in life. The grass isn't always greener.'
    They were also supporters of the spivs, though.
  • Options
    What is the name of this Facebook page ?
  • Options

Who knows perhaps she doesn't really believe it but with her husband being an employee could have genuine concerns about job security and the possibility of the owner leaving could result in permanent job loss.

Perhaps she would be well advised to button her messages from on high in that case. If RD does leave then the new regime will probably look to jettison anyone too closely identified with him. So in that regard she's not helping her husband.

• Options
    she reads the Guardian tho
  • Options
    We seem to have one lady who won't say a word to anyone and another who doesn't know when to stop digging! This is from today.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

We seem to have one lady who won't say a word to anyone and another who doesn't know when to stop digging! This is from today.

Almost sounds like she is coming round to "support the team (and staff), not the regime"?

• Options
    edited January 2016

seth plum said:

Does that then suggest that the club is in a good financial position now ? It's the same argument that Merire trots out but I'm not sure it stands up to scrutiny - we are still tens of millions of pounds in debt and still losing millions every season.

To reiterate our financial position since RD came in

- Turnover is the same pretty much (so much for improving the match day experience)

- "Football costs" (player salaries etc) are almost 100% of revenue, almost double the recommended level (remember Katrien saying what a brilliant job she's done at signing up all our players to longish term contracts, this is the result of her handiwork)

- In Roland's first full season we lost £3.8m, God knows what it will be this season

Roland is wealthy, but that doesn't mean we are financially secure.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!