Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Parkes The only CAFC Representative

Comments

• Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2016
    Mackle said:

se9addick said:

Mackle said:

CH4RLTON said:

Sues Parke's comments on Facebook were fairy pro regime and anti protest unfortunately as far as I can remember sadly, though I suppose in their positions they have to be really. Chris looked like he is was really biting his lio tbf at the Q & A

Some of the tone used on Facebook implied that it was the behaviour of fans that was ruining the club, rather than the owner and CEO.

Sue was also very unimpressed with Peter Varney for leaking what she felt should have been private and confidential mails.

And she's blabbing on Facebook like a Fishwife and making her husband look a right Charlie. I have no doubt that Katrien isn't stupid enough to need to be told to stay away she can see and feel it for herself. My money's on her missing next Saturday too as she would be the focal point for some serious outrage.
    We're going to need some quotes guys
    The unofficial CAFC Facebook page is full of angry comments, all directed at Katrien and Duchatelet. And until recently, Freaye. No-one has ever criticised Chris on there AFAIK, in fact a couple of people claim to know him and view him as a good guy.

It's hard to find stuff older than a day because the turnover of new posts is so high, but I've screenshotted one for you SE9.
    > (relating to the Sue Parkes some people haven't got a clue comments and are insulting to those that run / own the club)

Straight from the Staprix hymn sheet. So its the 2% argument again, not the absymal strategy of throwing a bunch of players together without consideration to character or whether they will fit the team. I wonder what Sue thinks Curbs would think about the goings on.
  • Options

Mackle said:

CH4RLTON said:

Sues Parke's comments on Facebook were fairy pro regime and anti protest unfortunately as far as I can remember sadly, though I suppose in their positions they have to be really. Chris looked like he is was really biting his lio tbf at the Q & A

Some of the tone used on Facebook implied that it was the behaviour of fans that was ruining the club, rather than the owner and CEO.

Sue was also very unimpressed with Peter Varney for leaking what she felt should have been private and confidential.
    Anyone who seriously believes the problems are caused by the fans is either utterly unaware of the real world or in thrall to RD. The Varney emails needed to be leaked, if only to show to rank arrogance of the same bosses who seem to be rated so highly.
    Clearly some within the club believe all the propaganda fed to them by Meire and Duchatelet. They can't see what's right under their noses. No wonder Roland doesn't want to sell, there are clearly 'fans' working within the club who are telling him what a great job he is doing and his master plan will be all right in the end if those naughty 2% of supporters would just STFU.
    Yup, the key word here is fans working within the club. Their employment has to impact on their position. The advantage most of those protesting a fortnight ago has is that they are there because they love the club and all they want in return is to see it succeed and also to be treated with respect. A monthly pay cheque tends to affect your position.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Mackle said:

CH4RLTON said:

Sue was also very unimpressed with Peter Varney for leaking what she felt should have been private and confidential.
    Anyone who seriously believes the problems are caused by the fans is either utterly unaware of the real world or in thrall to RD. The Varney emails needed to be leaked, if only to show to rank arrogance of the same bosses who seem to be rated so highly.
    Clearly some within the club believe all the propaganda fed to them by Meire and Duchatelet. They can't see what's right under their noses. No wonder Roland doesn't want to sell, there are clearly 'fans' working within the club who are telling him what a great job he is doing and his master plan will be all right in the end if those naughty 2% of supporters would just STFU.
    Yup, the key word here is fans working within the club. Their employment has to impact on their position. The advantage most of those protesting a fortnight ago has is that they are there because they love the club and all they want in return is to see it succeed and also to be treated with respect. A monthly pay cheque tends to affect your position.
    Very very good point.

"Turkey's don't vote for Christmas". Not that our fans are turkeys but I don't think anyone would happily do something that gets them sacked for gross misconduct.

A lot of employers take a very dim view of employees putting negative things on social media that have the potential to create a brand issue.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Woah there people. I might not agree with what this lady has posted, but it's just her view, same as any other. Let's not paint her out to be the enemy here, even if you think she is misguided.

She's just a fan, same as us, and she isn't responsible for the mess we are in.

Of course but with the I know best attitude she displays to other fans, she can expect a bit of stick.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Mackle said:

se9addick said:

Mackle said:

CH4RLTON said:

Sue was also very unimpressed with Peter Varney for leaking what she felt should have been private and confidential mails.

And she's blabbing on Facebook like a Fishwife and making her husband look a right Charlie. I have no doubt that Katrien isn't stupid enough to need to be told to stay away she can see and feel it for herself. My money's on her missing next Saturday too as she would be the focal point for some serious outrage.
    The unofficial CAFC Facebook page is full of angry comments, all directed at Katrien and Duchatelet. And until recently, Freaye. No-one has ever criticised Chris on there AFAIK, in fact a couple of people claim to know him and view him as a good guy.

It's hard to find stuff older than a day because the turnover of new posts is so high, but I've screenshotted one for you SE9.
    Truly idiotic last sentence in that screenshot. But then again when you get a free lunch and travel with the players you're not going to speak out against the regime.
  • Options
    The term 'Ivory Towers' springs to mind.
  • Options
    Sounds a bitter lady.
  • Options

That's the Georgio Morodor tune from Neverending Story I think!

• Options

Mackle said:

se9addick said:

Mackle said:

CH4RLTON said:

Truly idiotic last sentence in that screenshot. But then again when you get a free lunch and travel with the players you're not going to speak out against the regime.
    Chris and Sue travel to away games in their own car.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But she's not on the payroll, is she? She's just a fan, same as any other.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Agree mate but from what I recall from when I used to be on facebook the approach of "I know something you don't know so your concerns and points are invalid" was oft adopted which rubs people up the wrong way particularly when moderating the page.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Her husband is isn't he ? I assume that's where she gets all this "if the fans only knew" bollocks.
  • Options
    If you drip-feed suggestions all the time that you are privy to the way things are happening behind the scenes, and then belittle protesting fans as ignorant and actually harmful to the vision of the owner (which I would suggest a majority of fans, and increasingly the media, think is wrong) then you must expect to be criticised. Were Ms Parkes to offer a view on how Meire/Murray going to ground, why the club refuses to communicate with fans etc and how this is to the greater good of CAFC, then I would be interested to listen.
  • Options
    I want to know more about laundry basketgate. What is the fallout, what was the reaction, and if any new more fragrant laundry baskets have been ordered. An insider would know this stuff.
  • Options

All Charlton fans are equal but some more equal than others. Hate this sort of snobbery and looking down noses at fellow supporters that seems to exist at our club in abundance.
    Ha ha, agree! I thought that's why you started giving this place a miss?

In case you missed it, the Valley Gold thread is a particular CL "classic" that will give you that familiar warm (sickly) feeling back!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!