Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Olympic Stadium; our day in court

Comments

• My train to and from Gillingham (I went on HS1) was full of fans going to and from the West Ham Sunderland game. On the way back, there was a father and young boy carrying a massive bag of stuff from the West Ham club shop...

Saga Lout said:

iainment said:

So I don't think I'll be cycling the Greenway past the OS tonight then.
    Last time it was like cycling through a school of claret and blue overweight whales. Put about 5 minutes on to my journey.

Could've done it in less time if you hadn't insisted on running over them all twice "just to be sure"!
    I have too much respect for my bike to do that!
    So my commute tonight will have to be via the Greenwich foot tunnel.
  • colthe3rd said:

My train to and from Gillingham (I went on HS1) was full of fans going to and from the West Ham Sunderland game. On the way back, there was a father and young boy carrying a massive bag of stuff from the West Ham club shop...

Did you ask if they paid for it?
    The taxpayers paid for it
  • The 2016 Pavement Dancing Olympics begins tonight!
  • Ok, probably don't want to know what makes a dildo mean rather than otherwise.

Karen Brady is a successful CEO and has done very well for her clubs. One of the reasons we have been talking about the London Stadium is precisely because Karen negotiated a deal that just looks too good to an impartial observer.

Katrien Meire is a wannabe Karen Brady but without any of the business acumen. She is an incompetent CEO. The only reason they are talked about in the same breath is because they are both football club CEOs and both female.

One of the reasons we talk about Katrien Meire is because she has shown no signs of being able to negotiate a commercially neutral deal never mind about a beneficial one.

Back to the stadium deal though, it seems wrong that the stadium owning company has to pick up the tab for policing the fans.

That could easily put them into a loss position and then West Ham can buy them out for peanuts as they go insolvent?

Agree, Brady is no fool and knows what makes a football club money, she more or less says its not in the business of trading players, but the business of creating a culture, or a brand as she would see it. Her words about West Ham:

"At football clubs we don’t make anything, we don’t manufacture anything, we don’t really produce anything other than more players, so getting the culture right, being a place where something is expected of you, having discipline, planning and process and strategy. That wasn’t there."

So if Brady is coaching Daisy she's not a very good pupil.

• Ok, probably don't want to know what makes a dildo mean rather than otherwise.

Karen Brady is a successful CEO and has done very well for her clubs. One of the reasons we have been talking about the London Stadium is precisely because Karen negotiated a deal that just looks too good to an impartial observer.

Katrien Meire is a wannabe Karen Brady but without any of the business acumen. She is an incompetent CEO. The only reason they are talked about in the same breath is because they are both football club CEOs and both female.

One of the reasons we talk about Katrien Meire is because she has shown no signs of being able to negotiate a commercially neutral deal never mind about a beneficial one.

Back to the stadium deal though, it seems wrong that the stadium owning company has to pick up the tab for policing the fans.

That could easily put them into a loss position and then West Ham can buy them out for peanuts as they go insolvent?

Agree, Brady is no fool and knows what makes a football club money, she more or less says its not in the business of trading players, but the business of creating a culture, or a brand as she would see it. Her words about West Ham:

"At football clubs we don’t make anything, we don’t manufacture anything, we don’t really produce anything other than more players, so getting the culture right, being a place where something is expected of you, having discipline, planning and process and strategy. That wasn’t there."

So if Brady is coaching Daisy she's not a very good pupil.

Can't agree about Karren Brady. She has never, ever run a business that was not owned by Gullivan. What did she and they do that was so brilliant at Birmingham? What were the Birmingham City brand values in her time there? Chucking bricks at coach loads of Charlton families is what I recall. The brand she builds is Brand Brady, and the "business" she builds is whatever best fills the bank accounts of Gullivan, for which she in turn is amply rewarded. She would not last five minutes as the CEO of a proper company with strong competitors, and knows this perfectly well, so she remains the ultra-loyal employee of Gullivan.

She is brilliant only at self-promotion. In that sense I agree, Daisy has not even learnt that from her.

I remember being at St Andrews many years ago and was the first time i heard a sales advert for some local product or event over the tannoy at a football match and thought what the fu*k is all that about. Might have been a local brick company.

Type of culture is not important, she would market the Millwall brand and make a bomb selling to the knuckle heads.
  • You know more about this than me @PragueAddick but I thought Brady had been pretty instrumental in the great taxpayer stitch up.

Birmingham did alright under the dildo brothers and Brady I thought?

I'm not saying she's the best CEO ever but I think her businesses have been pretty well run. Admittedly I have seen more of how Charlton has been not well run so maybe it's the distance that is flattering Brady.
  • All kicking off now

@richard_conway
    West Ham closing in on victory. Tensions rising between home fans and those in away end. Seat ripped up and thrown into Chelsea section.

Jonathan Overend
    BBC Sport tennis commentator at London Stadium
    Posted at
    21:38
    Sad scenes. There are hundreds of spectators who are just out for a fight. This has been brewing all night. It’s been hard to watch the match because of the flash points developing. The stewards have got a tough job here. Fans are trying to burst at each other. They’ve been hurling missiles at each other. It looks like plastic bottles and I’ve seen what looks like three or four plastic seats being thrown.
  • Fair enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh, fortunately have not been exposed to that.

I buy Man at Home magazine.
  • Anyway, all is not well down at the "Tax" tonight....

• I saw they had chucked a couple of seats and assorted other stuff over with a gate of around 45k?

Haven't seen any more updates I presume it is all going to go a bit wrong outside the stadium...
  • Just watched a bit of the footage put up by daily mail and evening standard.

I didn't realise the extent of the segregation was a set of stairs with a single line of stewards on either side.

That could end up in a really bad situation.
  • Just watched a bit of the footage put up by daily mail and evening standard.

I didn't realise the extent of the segregation was a set of stairs with a single line of stewards on either side.

That could end up in a really bad situation.

The segregation and internal organisation of the stadium has been shambolic so far, the seating doesn't gear itself up to segregation very well either
  • Sponsored links:

• Seems all is not ell over at the council house. Shame..

Roy Keane clearly enjoyed himself tonight

Is that Jack Collison?
  • edited October 2016
    Curb_It said:

Few on Twitter tonight Particularly residents of Stratford area moaning about the amount of police and trouble.

How many home games do West Ham thru December?? Great for Westfield shoppers.

It's a proper car crash.

Only have 3 home games in December and one is midweek.

Luckily for them they've been draw away in the next round. Wouldn't have been great if they'd drawn Man u or Leeds at home

Is that Jack Collison?
    The guy to the left of the bearded guy looks a bit like Neil Lennon!

Is that Jack Collison?
    The guy to the left of the bearded guy looks a bit like Neil Lennon!
    Or Steve Watson

• Sat 3 Dec 17.30 kick[off vs Arsenal. Sold-out stadium+local derby+pre-Xmas shopping crowd = recipe for disaster (hopefully not literally).
  • Daniel levy behind the bearded man
  • You know more about this than me @PragueAddick but I thought Brady had been pretty instrumental in the great taxpayer stitch up.

Birmingham did alright under the dildo brothers and Brady I thought?

I'm not saying she's the best CEO ever but I think her businesses have been pretty well run. Admittedly I have seen more of how Charlton has been not well run so maybe it's the distance that is flattering Brady.

She is obviously a sharp operator, unlike Meire. However I strongly dispute that she is any kind of role model as a normal corporate CEO. There is not a shred of evidence for that, which is why it pisses me off that she is all over our TV screens as if she was such a role model, and then gets into the House of Lords. She is supposed to be a "champion of small businesses", but she has never set one up and built one. Never.

Birmingham under her and Gullivan were bang average. We were more successful. As a CEO of a football club she isn't fit to tie Peter Varney's shoelaces. She is a fraud, but by no means unique. A lot of us have encountered a lot of Brady types.
    Can't abide the woman !

She has a page/column in the monthly Woman & Home magazine ( I know my place !) & basically preaches how she successfully combines a heavy workload with a happy family life . What a role model she is ....

TOTALLY up her own a*se.

She must be mixing business with pleasure then? :wink:
  • Oh, fortunately have not been exposed to that.

I buy Man at Home magazine.

I read Dosser in Doorway magazine.
  • Just heard that last night an announcement was made asking customers to behave, it angered the fans somewhat.
    Where have i heard fans called customers before.
    Katie advising Karen?