Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Olympic Stadium; our day in court

Comments

• Curb_It said:

Few on Twitter tonight Particularly residents of Stratford area moaning about the amount of police and trouble.

How many home games do West Ham thru December?? Great for Westfield shoppers.

It's a proper car crash.

January sales time will be when gridlock sets in
  • So who's paying for the new seats?
  • I've been reading reports about the violence with my Daily Mail face firmly on. Happy days.
  • They need a big net between the two sets of fans. KM could sell them hers
  • edited October 2016
    Am i the only one who thinks all this talk of trouble is a huge over reaction? I've seen footage of 2-3 seats being thrown and the odd plastic bottle and coin but aside from that all i've seen is footage of 2 sets of fans goading each other and a bit of pushing and shoving from behind a line of stewards. Hardly the full scale riots the media would make you believe.

Certainly not defending either club here and there were clearly fans out looking for trouble but it's almost like the media had their story written before the game "game marred by violence" and just needed a few pictures to go with it. I've not seen footage of a single punch being thrown. Complete over reaction.
  • no more trouble than at an average derby game, on par with us vs palace.
  • Yes but it's still a good read.
  • Can the landlord kick them out for unacceptable behaviour?
  • Sponsored links:

• Halix said:

Oh, fortunately have not been exposed to that.

I buy Man at Home magazine.

I read Dosser in Doorway magazine.
    I'm obviously out of touch, has The Big Issue been re-titled then?
  • Am i the only one who thinks all this talk of trouble is a huge over reaction? I've seen footage of 2-3 seats being thrown and the odd plastic bottle and coin but aside from that all i've seen is footage of 2 sets of fans goading each other and a bit of pushing and shoving from behind a line of stewards. Hardly the full scale riots the media would make you believe.

Certainly not defending either club here and there were clearly fans out looking for trouble but it's almost like the media had their story written before the game "game marred by violence" and just needed a few pictures to go with it. I've not seen footage of a single punch being thrown. Complete over reaction.

I take your point and there's an element of truth to it I'm sure. But they have now had trouble against Bournemouth, Watford, 'Boro, Sunderland, Chelsea and have been fighting amongst themselves. That run of trouble alone makes it newsworthy disregarding the "who pays for the police" and them not inside the stadium issue.

So far it's mostly been low level posturing more than anything serious, thankfully, but they clearly haven't got it under control and it's only a matter of time before someone is more seriously injured.

In the meantime the FA sit on their hands looking the other way pretending everything's just fine.
  • I completely agree about the continuity of the trouble, they seem to have incidents at every game so something clearly needs to be done, whether that's sections of the grounds closed, more policing, threats of points deductions for incidents in league games, whatever needs to be done as it can't carry on.

Was just saying that last night seems a complete over reaction, to read the media you'd think there were mass brawls everywhere. Apart from a bit of pushing and shoving on the concourse in the lower tier i don't think there was any other trouble so west ham will probably see it as an overall success given all the talk beforehand.
  • LAUGHABLE - that there blaming the stewards.
  • If taxpayers have to stump up for the behaviour of West Ham fans it confirms everything that has been siad on this thread. It is a scandal of the highest order.
  • and now a west ham fan is on talksport saying its because of films and green street and football factory LOL, bearing in mind a lot of the blokes are 40+ clown.
  • I think a large part of the anger from the away fans is that they cheated the tax payers and everyone hates them for it.

West Ham are the premier league version of Milton Keynes.
  • every single team that has been there has had agro, personally know a watford fan whos a regular traveller doesnt get involved in trouble, when they played there they were sharing a fucking bar with west ham fans at half time, ridiculous carry on.
  • and before they blame it on a modern stadium arsenal seem to do a good enough job of keeping a calm atmosphere.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2016
    Usually the arrival of a new, modern, all seated arena kills off any remaining traditional support, potential violence and atmosphere at a club.

Fair play to West Ham for being the first to reverse the trend.

Still can't believe people get involved with silly shit in the ground though. You're on film everywhere on the streets, let alone in the ground.

As Chris said above though - a lot to do about nothing. Bury v Bolton saw similar scenes Mon night.
  • I bet Brenda really appreciates having her name attached to a park that is currently occupied by such charming progressive gentlemen.
  • Am i the only one who thinks all this talk of trouble is a huge over reaction? I've seen footage of 2-3 seats being thrown and the odd plastic bottle and coin but aside from that all i've seen is footage of 2 sets of fans goading each other and a bit of pushing and shoving from behind a line of stewards. Hardly the full scale riots the media would make you believe.

What? An over-reaction? From the media? No, never. Does not happen.

What? An over-reaction? From the media? No, never. Does not happen.
    Wassup mate, invading your territory?

;0)
  • JohnBoyUK said:

What's more embarrasing? A sh*t stadium?

Or so-called fans needing song sheets?!?!

And homophobic song sheets at that!

(Ah, just seen this on the Gay Footballers thread. Sorry for double posting!)

That really is unbelievable. I haven't heard the expression 'up the bum' since I was at school some years ago. Those lyrics are so bad it makes the original words to achy breaky heart look good.

Billy-Ray Cirus would be spinning in his mullet if he heard that.
  • and before they blame it on a modern stadium arsenal seem to do a good enough job of keeping a calm atmosphere.

the quite important difference here is that one is a purpose built football stadium and the other isn't