Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Olympic Stadium; our day in court

Comments

• Fiiish said:

Wow, they really are cut from the same cloth are they not, Merde and Lady Brady?

Feel like banging their heads together in an attempt to induce some sort of grasp of reality...

A crucial difference is that Brady is actually qualified to do her job.
    Yep she sells a mean dildo!
  • Ok, probably don't want to know what makes a dildo mean rather than otherwise.

Karen Brady is a successful CEO and has done very well for her clubs. One of the reasons we have been talking about the London Stadium is precisely because Karen negotiated a deal that just looks too good to an impartial observer.

Katrien Meire is a wannabe Karen Brady but without any of the business acumen. She is an incompetent CEO. The only reason they are talked about in the same breath is because they are both football club CEOs and both female.

One of the reasons we talk about Katrien Meire is because she has shown no signs of being able to negotiate a commercially neutral deal never mind about a beneficial one.

Back to the stadium deal though, it seems wrong that the stadium owning company has to pick up the tab for policing the fans.

That could easily put them into a loss position and then West Ham can buy them out for peanuts as they go insolvent?

IdleHans said:

If E20 go bust, wouldnt more money be realised by knocking the stadium down and selling the land for development?
    Also, if West Ham do end up with it they will have to pay the running costs in full - making them worse off than they are currently.

Won't be able to knock it down, west ham have a 99 year lease. And it depends on the price west ham can negotiate, or already have in their contract. If over the remaining years of the lease they'd make more than the buying price than what's they'd pay in shares of being rights, catering, etc. then it could be easy to construct a scenario where west ham could buy the stadium and be better off or at least no worse off.
    There may be a '99 year lease' but realistically who expects the stadium to last that long ? Clubs have been around for longer and in many cases at the same ground (some have moved once or twice or seven times) but a) every stadium will have been developed/altered over that time; and b) the pace of change now and in the future will be far greater than the past 99 years. And on top of it all, the OS isn't even a purpose built football stadium. My guess, if I am ever asked to make one, is that stadium will be demolished a lot sooner than people think. That is some serious expenditure.

IdleHans said:

If E20 go bust, wouldnt more money be realised by knocking the stadium down and selling the land for development?
    Also, if West Ham do end up with it they will have to pay the running costs in full - making them worse off than they are currently.

Won't be able to knock it down, west ham have a 99 year lease. And it depends on the price west ham can negotiate, or already have in their contract. If over the remaining years of the lease they'd make more than the buying price than what's they'd pay in shares of being rights, catering, etc. then it could be easy to construct a scenario where west ham could buy the stadium and be better off or at least no worse off.
    There may be a '99 year lease' but realistically who expects the stadium to last that long ? Clubs have been around for longer and in many cases at the same ground (some have moved once or twice or seven times) but a) every stadium will have been developed/altered over that time; and b) the pace of change now and in the future will be far greater than the past 99 years. And on top of it all, the OS isn't even a purpose built football stadium. My guess, if I am ever asked to make one, is that stadium will be demolished a lot sooner than people think. That is some serious expenditure.
    I agree, I wouldn't be surprised to see the stadium gone in less than 30, but it won't be demolished if West Ham don't want it to be.
  • I believe the contract requires the stadium to be maintained at current premier league standards ..... At our expense of course.
  • What's with the 99 year lease? When Arthur signed his lease for the land where his brewery is, the lease was for 3000 yrs at £45 per year.
  • They could easily become another Coventry if they were to get relegated in the next 99 years and kicked out because they're not wanted there anymore.
  • edited October 2016

IdleHans said:

You are correct - Wembley Stadium (The old one) was built in 1923 wasn't it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Rizzo said:

https://theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/05/west-ham-karren-brady-stadium-move

"We have the best stadium – there are some great stadiums in this country but there is only one Olympic Stadium and it’s ours." - Karren Brady

Sorry, I thought it still belonged to us?

To an extent I can understand her "bravado" as she obviously is trying to sell the deal to her own fans, rather than to give a more technically correct answer.

What is completely inaccurate is that they have the best stadium. Even as an Olympic stadium, it did the job, but no more, and all the massive expense since then has given it a new roof and some prefab seats nearer the pitch
  • West Ham to have police inside London Stadium for first time against rivals Chelsea in EFL Cup

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3856602/West-Ham-police-inside-London-Stadium-time-against-rivals-Chelsea-EFL-Cup.html#ixzz4NhyWP2Yx
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

It doesn't say who's paying.
  • West Ham to have police inside London Stadium for first time against rivals Chelsea in EFL Cup

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3856602/West-Ham-police-inside-London-Stadium-time-against-rivals-Chelsea-EFL-Cup.html#ixzz4NhyWP2Yx
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

It doesn't say who's paying.

I think you're paying for that.

The rest of us are paying for the extra police around the ground.
  • MOTD said Taxpayers FC were training there all last week too. Luckily no-one else had hired it out then
  • Markg2004 said:

MOTD said Taxpayers FC were training there all last week too. Luckily no-one else had hired it out then

So much for on 26 times a year then....
  • cafc999 said:

Markg2004 said:

MOTD said Taxpayers FC were training there all last week too. Luckily no-one else had hired it out then

If you're only using the pitch it doesn't count
  • IA said:

cafc999 said:

Markg2004 said:

If you're only using the pitch it doesn't count
    well, they should pay something for this, I think. But I am sure they are not. We will enquire...

• edited October 2016
    http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/crunch-time-for-the-stadium-move-that-has-been-nothing-but-trouble-dmk6w8pqf?shareToken=27094998fa25474a9bf660f07a2dd81e

This looks like a disaster waiting to happen. Police not entering stadium unless asked?

Have Charlton ever offered cheap beer to get people into ground early?

Do Charlton employ Jumbos?
  • Sponsored links:

• http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/crunch-time-for-the-stadium-move-that-has-been-nothing-but-trouble-dmk6w8pqf?shareToken=27094998fa25474a9bf660f07a2dd81e

This looks like a disaster waiting to happen. Police not entering stadium unless asked?

Have Charlton ever offered cheap beer to get people into ground early?

Do Charlton employ Jumbos?

No but there's free vol-au-vents in the boardroom for sycophants.
  • Have they started demolition of the Boleyn yet?

Best for all parties if everyone cuts their losses and they move back.

Or, a new contract is written up whereby the claret and blue motherfuckers actually pay for some shit and stop blaming everyone else.

You get what you pay for and that pay nothing towards security and stewards, so they should have to deal with all the shit themselves
  • edited October 2016
    If the major fear is for trouble after the game, then surely just keep the Chelsea fans in the ground for 30-45 minutes after the game.

Also i'm pretty sure Bilic is severely underestimating 5k Chelsea fans here:

"Despite fears that any skirmishes on the pitch could be transferred to the stands, Bilic said that he is not concerned by the occasion. 'At the end of the day it is not like we are playing Millwall, we are playing Chelsea'
  • Reports of "old firms" attending the game. This will be huge test for them tonight.
  • My train to and from Gillingham (I went on HS1) was full of fans going to and from the West Ham Sunderland game. On the way back, there was a father and young boy carrying a massive bag of stuff from the West Ham club shop...
  • colthe3rd said:

My train to and from Gillingham (I went on HS1) was full of fans going to and from the West Ham Sunderland game. On the way back, there was a father and young boy carrying a massive bag of stuff from the West Ham club shop...

Did you ask if they paid for it?
    The taxpayers paid for it